Globe - Six Shooter (Pedaling/Not Shuttling) This Weekend?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Globe - Six Shooter (Pedaling/Not Shuttling) This Weekend?

Any interest in pedaling (not shuttling) up to the top of Pinal Mt. (Globe) and coming down Six Shooter this weekend?

I know itís Fatherís Day weekend and all that, but what better way to spend it than suffering on a 14 mile slog up a Forest Service road and then coming down 4k vf of dreamy but demanding single track.

The temps in town are expected to top out around 95 degrees, but the of the bulk work and fun will be take place at a higher elevation (lower temps) and in the trees (shade). Couple this with an early start, it shouldnít be too miserable.

UPDATE: 8:00 FIP

A good meetup spot would be here.

I'm in, so is Chollaball, His buddy, Skinnytire. Anybody else???
    Last edited by u2metoo; 06-13-2008 at 02:44 PM.

Maui Grown
    Sam, you're crazy. Get me a shuttle and I'll join ya.

Saucy Size
    Very tempting. Very, very tempting indeed. I'm concerned about the temps at the bottom, of course, since we'd be wrapping up in the very hottest part of the day.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

wretch
    Id be down for a pedal. . .what day? It's that or a road trip to Durango with a bunch of drunk lacrosse friends giving me a hard time for taking a bike instead of lacrosse gear. . .

mtbr member
    Temps are gonna suck.
    Pretty hot to be doing this ride, no?

Eventually I'll have to do this.

banned
    crackhead

I am Walt
    So if you launched mega-early (meaning started the climb), what time would you finish? How long for the climb, then for the DH?

And how long is the starting point from, say, the Loop 101/202 junction in Tempe?
    Ride more; post less...

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by waltaz
    So if you launched mega-early (meaning started the climb), what time would you finish? How long for the climb, then for the DH?

And how long is the starting point from, say, the Loop 101/202 junction in Tempe?
    I don't know how long the climb is and I may never know. Sam is crazy.

The D/H is 1 1/2hrs to 2hrs and it's about 90 minutes (maybe more with the US60 construction towards Globe) to the parking area from Tempe/Mesa. It could push 2hrs for the drive, depending...

mtbr member

Even if we launched at 8:00, Iím thinking this could be done in 5 hours (3 up 2 down) without pushing to hard. That would put us back at the car 1:00. The temp at that time would be between 85 and 90. The last hour is 50% downhill (think hawes), 25% mix of flat and small climb, and 25% fast road Ė in that order.

It's a ninety minute drive from Tempe.

I'm "bad" different
    I would sleep in the truck the night before and start out before sunrise. Only the last few miles of the climb have tree shade.

I was thinking maybe we could do another anti-shuttle and just ride to the top and then drive back down. I heard that some renegade DH'ers turned six-shooter into a gnarfest anyways.

Transit Bus Driver
    i dunno if im gonna pedal but im gonna try to get my wife to shuttle me all weekend if anyone is coming up let me know and we can meet up.

EDR

oops

deleted ...

wretch
    Quote Originally Posted by under7ow
    i dunno if im gonna pedal but im gonna try to get my wife to shuttle me all weekend if anyone is coming up let me know and we can meet up.
    Can a shuttle offer be considered a thread hijack?

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by u2metoo
    Any interest in pedaling (not shuttling) up to the top of Pinal Mt. (Globe) and coming down Six Shooter this weekend?
    Hmmmm.... Sounds tempting especially if we can load up a vehicle with Ahwatukee carpoolers to save on gas. I haven't been to 6shooter in a few years and I'm thinking it'd be pretty darn fun on the orange bike.

Kathleen in AZ

Yo Walt - if you click on Sam's link to the meeting point and then click on the bubble, it will prompt you to get directions TO or FROM the spot... just plug in your address and a route, mileage, and estimated time are given. Pretty darn easy!! I love google maps.

parenting for gnarness
    i'm interested, will let you know as the week goes on. I'd be up for an early start and pedaling to the top. All this is premised on my new rack being ready so I can take a high-mileage car.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poi Boy
    Sam, you're crazy. Get me a shuttle and I'll join ya.
    I know, I know , but I kinda need to redeem myself after getting a ride back to my car on last weekends Prescott ride.

I know, I know , but I kinda need to redeem myself after getting a ride back to my car on last weekends Prescott ride.

Welcome to the dark side.

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by WeezPuff
    I heard that some renegade DH'ers turned six-shooter into a gnarfest anyways.
    Funny stuff right there...

It's a Sledgehammer.
    Sep 2005
    This ride is way fun.. I just did it 2 weeks ago and I am still daydreaming about six shooter.

I'd join ya, but there's father's day stuff going on...

no one talks about the tiny tiny tiny single track, unmatched around az imo..
    mega fun switch backs.. problems to solve etc. no one around either.
    the kickers that y'all put in were fun indeed. Super lush forest.
    I was thinking to myself, it was hot as hell at the bottom, but not bad, and it's not that long
    before you hit the air conditioned sections.

You could park a little higher to avoid part of the road portion. There's a community center or somethin up on 112. But then you miss the whachamacallit with the dead cow trail.

So as a first timer my reaction was "Wow I can't believe that's been right under my nose all this time. What a damn fine ride!!!" We saw 1 car on the road on a sunday.

Thanks to the folks who labored and cared for the trail.
    Our time was about 2:15 up and 1:15 down.

We should do an underground super-duper-D. time trial.
    like the squeeler,but different. no eggs.

Too many Sedonuts...
    Hmmmmm.......tempting tempting temtiing.

I could take the mothership up the night before and do some shuttling in the morning for those that wanted to shuttle...I could shuttle 4 maybe 5 at a time...beer would be free the night before...is there any place to basecamp?

-JB
    When the world slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall.

Transit Bus Driver
    many places to set up camp there, CCC camps, sulfide,camp grounds at the top, and the very top. could always figure something out.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by under7ow
    many places to set up camp there, CCC camps, sulfide,camp grounds at the top, and the very top. could always figure something out.
    I thought I read they have disallowed overnight camping near the top. No?
    Last edited by eatdrinkride; 06-10-2008 at 11:21 PM.

Transit Bus Driver
    last i remember you could camp up there , but it probably has changed.

I'm "bad" different
    http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/tonto/recrea.../globe_tbl.htm

Camping at the top is just fine...and free.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by CactusJoe

I could take the mothership up the night before and do some shuttling in the morning for those that wanted to shuttle...I could shuttle 4 maybe 5 at a time...beer would be free the night before...is there any place to basecamp?

-JB
    sweet!! would you have some freshly-squeezed OJ waiting for me? i say we leave at like 6am, pedal up in the sunrise with no helmets on.

i like cheese.
    Quote Originally Posted by CactusJoe

-JB
    that sounds way tempting... you'd go Friday night?

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Hmmmm.... Sounds tempting especially if we can load up a vehicle with Ahwatukee carpoolers to save on gas. I haven't been to 6shooter in a few years and I'm thinking it'd be pretty darn fun on the orange bike.
    Nope for me. I've come to my senses and will instead stick close to home for some early Sat SoMo action (up National / down Geronimo or Holbert / up road / down National???) and then Sunday with Dad....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    I don't know how long the climb is and I may never know. Sam is crazy.

The D/H is 1 1/2hrs to 2hrs and it's about 90 minutes (maybe more with the US60 construction towards Globe) to the parking area from Tempe/Mesa. It could push 2hrs for the drive, depending...
    There is a guy that can ride the road in 45min from botton to top.
    11/2 to 2hrs. to get down HHHHMMMMMM, i'm thinking 30 to 40 min max.
    SHITBIRD

mtbr member

I know itís Fatherís Day weekend and all that, but what better way to spend it than suffering on a 14 mile slog up a Forest Service road and then coming down 4k vf of dreamy but demanding single track.

The temps in town are expected to top out around 95 degrees, but the of the bulk work and fun will be take place at a higher elevation (lower temps) and in the trees (shade). Couple this with an early start, it shouldnít be too miserable

A good meetup spot would be here.

Iím not committing yet, but I wanna see what day works people and who is wants to do it.
    Gosh, this is really tempting, and I more or less just got a hall pass for Saturday. I consider my self an above average rider, but still need to build my confidence level on some gnarlier stuff. What level of rider would this appeal to.

Also, assume this come together, I'm assuming some would want to carpool?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Gosh, this is really tempting, and I more or less just got a hall pass for Saturday. I consider my self an above average rider, but still need to build my confidence level on some gnarlier stuff. What level of rider would this appeal to.

Also, assume this come together, I'm assuming some would want to carpool?
    Jeff I've only done 6 Shooter twice and not since the big crew did all the work, but I rode it on my Blur (w. v brakes) and my first time ~3 yrs ago was about the steepest thing I'd done at the time. I had no problems - just stayed in control. It sounds like the new features have ride-arounds, so I'd suggest you would be fine. It was not rocky or big trials like Somo or PMP, iirc. A few tricky wash crossings but nothing you couldnt walk. Ray and Pete from Al's Tours rode it with me, Pete on a HT and he was slow but did just fine.

Hopefully someone who knows it better can give you a better update.

caninus xerophilous
    Go fur it Skinny.

The "big" stuff that was built are B-lines, the maintrail corridor remains open except for the pre existing water bars (at the top), a few fallen trees and the already noted dry streem crossings. You probably wont notice most of the stuff as you will be flying by.

After riding into it rather than shuttling (cold start), I bet you will be ready to chew some trail, and thats good eating up there.

Saucy Size
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Six Shooter would appeal to the kind of rider who is above average, and needing to build their confidence level on some gnarlier stuff.

It's the best ride in AZ. Seriously. You owe it to yourself to ride (at least) Six Shooter on Pinal.

p.

mtbr member
    Are you gonna bring the big bike out? STEEN-KEY! STEEN-KEY! STEEN-KEY!

The ascent is a pretty gradual and consistent climb up the road.

What's been said is what it is. Iím also sure others can do much better job describing it better, but the descent thru the upper forest section is pretty fast (in a good way) swoopy stuff. The water bars and kickers could leave a mark. There are stretches of off-camber riding, where the trail traverses across very steep hillsides. Nothing terrifying, but the trail can become narrow and soft. This softness can be a little hazardous, because you donít want it to wash out from under ya. Throw in a handful of switchbacks; some of which can be sorta tricky. Star Wars comes to mind, while blasting thru the trees at light speed.

There are a few creek crossing, where if you choose to cross Ďem on your bike could send you OTB.

There is section maybe about 100 yards long that has a series of 1 foot drops with some loose rocks (just past the road crossing).

From here, I think the trail has a tiny, tiny similarity to Hawes in the grade and trail composition (fast cinder). I like the high speeds this section offers, but beware Ďcuz there are few big drops that sneak up on ya.

mtbr member
    I'm totally committed to this ride!

Let's summarize what ups?

1) I'm insane
    2) CB is Suggesting an OMG 6:00 start
    3)Skinny would prefer a Saturday ride
    4)There's loads of interest for some shuttling.
    5)JB is threatening to bring the mothership

parenting for gnarness

1) I'm insane

i'm in - prefer Sat. leaving NE Mesa, can take 1 rider and bike. like Sam suggested, off the hill ~1pm. up for shuttling if enough others are up for it, in which case i might just leave hella early and do a climb first then a shuttle.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    i'm in - prefer Sat. leaving NE Mesa, can take 1 rider and bike. like Sam suggested, off the hill ~1pm. up for shuttling if enough others are up for it, in which case i might just leave hella early and do a climb first then a shuttle.
    I'm good for an early start on Saturday for a pedal up and down, and a then an additional shuttle run.

Too many Sedonuts...
    Quote Originally Posted by bike=good
    that sounds way tempting... you'd go Friday night?
    Yup...friday night. I'm about this close --> <-- from pulling the trigger. You in?

-JB

Too many Sedonuts...

1) I'm insane
    Warning:
    The mothership typically comes equiped with all sorts of cool microbews, and usually some sort of obscene "I've never heard of that let me try it" spirits. Attend friday at your own risk. May impede Saturday capability, and encourage shuttling. Not recommended for pregnant women, though may cause impregnation. There is no controlled clinical data on the safety or efficacy of the mothership in the following groups; if planning to attend, riders with the following conditions should consider caution:

∑ Riders who have suffered a myocardial infarction, stroke, life-threatening arrhythmia, or vaginal discomfort (like Eabos) within the last 6 months;
    ∑ Riders with resting hypotension (BP <90/50) hypertension (BP >170/110) or vaginal discomfort (like Eabos);
    ∑ Riders with weak livers or a history of vaginitis (like Eabos);
    ∑ Riders with retinitis pigmentosa (a minority of these patients have genetic disorders of retinal phosphodiesterases...I don't know what the f that means...but like Eabos).
    Prolonged erection greater than 4 hours and priapism (painful erections greater than 6 hours in duration) have been reported infrequently since the mothership went into service. (Eabos knows nothing about this) In the event of an erection that persists longer than 4 hours, the patient should seek immediate medical assistance. If priapism is not treated immediately, penile tissue damage and permanent loss of potency could result.

You have been warned.

Sup?

sat.. uuuugh... you guys suck :-)

I'd be in if I could get someone to go pick up the fam at the airport
    (they come back in from Dallas on Sat)

Probably not too cool to leave the wife and kiddoes hanging at sky
    harbor while I'm out playing!

See Sams way cool video from a few threads back.. as well as
    the ton of GPS data I threw up (at least on the upper portion of the trail)
    for you all.

Here is some crappy footage from two weekends ago.
    I need to reencode this, came out like it was slow mo and too choppy!?

There is a 4' log drop at the top of the trail.. that is the gnaliest
    feature and you *dont* have to hit it. some other small jumps if you
    want, but none mandatory.

this thing is not as tech as SoMo IMHO.. that being said, knee pads and
    forearm/elbow pads are a nice to have. full face and body armor is not needed
    unless you totally want to bomb down the thing, and if you do, you should
    probably be a pretty decent dh'ller.

my ribcage was still hurting from the spill and the superman onto the rocks a few
    weeks back so I wore the full gear and full face just for the heck of it two sundays
    ago. was hot at the bottom, but not 'that' hot.

that last part of the trail (past the windmill? cattle tank) sucks, better to hang left,
    ride over the dam and hit the road at that point. Going past there gets you into
    some sand, some hike a bike up the wash, then a few uphill sections.

i have the gps data from two weekeds ago, let me see if I can get it posted
    (has the lower section)

Two .kmz files for Google Earth, but they are too big to attach to
    this posting (only about 200K total) let me know via PM if ya want
    em!

I agree with Paul B this is a very cool trail, different than anything else I've ridden in AZ

I'm doing fathers day stuff with the boys on Sunday..
    you all enjoy and take lots of photos/video!

-t
    Last edited by honemastert; 06-12-2008 at 12:12 AM.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by honemastert
    I
    this thing is not as tech as SoMo IMHO..

-t
    Agreed. Not even close. No comparison imo, but it is dangerous in a different way.

This is a very different trail. Fast, fast, fast as you want it to be. True d/h'ers can haul butt and shred this thing, not me. There are a few spots ripe for OTB's or just normal crashes. I took a good spill off of one of the 'kickers' the guys built. Tim (Honemastert) can attest to the dangers...our ride a few weeks ago took a toll on his body, face, and his Titus. Luckily the Vanagon had beer!

Looking forward to going back. Won't happen this weekend though.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    Looking forward to going back. Won't happen this weekend though.
    a pox upon my carpool...

EDR
    a pox upon my carpool...

"Head North Baby"....that's my mantra for this week.

Saucy Size
    To anyone concerned with the "danger" of riding Six Shooter, and/or confused by the apparently mixed message of "it's not nearly as technical as South Mountain" and "you really should wear armor":

The threats on Six Shooter have to do with the potential for extreme speed mixed with remoteness. You're many, many hours away from a hospital should something go wrong. We've never had a major medical emergency on any of my group rides up there, but the possibility is definitely there.

p.

mtbr member
    Are you gonna bring the big bike out? STEEN-KEY! STEEN-KEY! STEEN-KEY!

The ascent is a pretty gradual and consistent climb up the road.

What's been said is what it is. Iím also sure others can do much better job describing it better, but the descent thru the upper forest section is pretty fast (in a good way) swoopy stuff. The water bars and kickers could leave a mark. There are stretches of off-camber riding, where the trail traverses across very steep hillsides. Nothing terrifying, but the trail can become narrow and soft. This softness can be a little hazardous, because you donít want it to wash out from under ya. Throw in a handful of switchbacks; some of which can be sorta tricky. Star Wars comes to mind, while blasting thru the trees at light speed.

There are a few creek crossing, where if you choose to cross Ďem on your bike could send you OTB.

There is section maybe about 100 yards long that has a series of 1 foot drops with some loose rocks (just past the road crossing).

From here, I think the trail has a tiny, tiny similarity to Hawes in the grade and trail composition (fast cinder). I like the high speeds this section offers, but beware Ďcuz there are few big drops that sneak up on ya.
    Yes, absolutely would bring the big bike. Best ride in AZ? Geez, how can I pass this up?

So, will details regarding start times be sent out? I assume meet at the location in the original post? Anybody interested in carpooling? I'm in central Phx, but have to go through Tempe, Chandler, Mesa, Gilbert, AJ, etc. on way to Globe? I CAN drive my car, but only have room for one bike. Or, I can pay for gas.

Saucy Size
    I'm really tempted to go, but the heat has me worried. I'm not adapting well this year, and we're not even into the really hot stuff yet.

p.

mtbr member
    CB,

Do you wanna head up together? I'm up for a (gulp) 6:00ish start, for pedaling. I suppose that would mean leaving Mesa a little before 5:00. Unless you are planning on heading up the night before.

BTW, I could prolly make three peeps w/ bike work.

Sam

parenting for gnarness
    CB,

Do you wanna head up together? I'm up for a (gulp) 6:00ish start, for pedaling. I suppose that would mean leaving Mesa a little before 5:00. Unless you are planning on heading up the night before.

BTW, I could prolly make three peeps w/ bike work.

Sam
    did i say 6am? i gotta quit drinking! 8am FIP or thereabouts? that will be fine w. a small group i reckon.

Alex wants to come to, let me confirm w. him about wanting to climb. we'd carpool if so...
    is there a shuttle?
    roll call please!!

check out the new rack on the Prius. should save me $25 bucks this trip alone!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sup?

Vid from 2 weeks prior

I cleaned up the footage and reposted to
    get you psyched up for tomorrow!

Too bad I'm gonna miss it!
    Flash and mp4 high res versions

Have fun.. and report back

Link to Hi-Res Version

i like cheese.
    ergh. Sorry JB, I got Lundberg'd... mmm, yeah... I am going to need you to come in this weekend.

home trails for me this weekend. y'all have fun. Nice ride Chollaball.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    did i say 6am? i gotta quit drinking! 8am FIP or thereabouts? that will be fine w. a small group i reckon.
    8:00 FIP, sounds good to me.

mtbr member
    Neato vid Honemastert. And Nice update.

mtbr member
    8:00 FIP, sounds good to me.
    I'm in, and I vote that we earn the the downhill by peddling uphill. Anybody interested in carpooling, PM me.

Too many Sedonuts...
    ergh. Sorry JB, I got Lundberg'd... mmm, yeah... I am going to need you to come in this weekend.

I'm out too. Wife works till 1030 and I got the kids till then. Looks like I'll miss Globe until next year..

mtbr member

How about DG's somo ride tommorow at 6:30? Haven't riddent with you forever.

i like cheese.
    Quote Originally Posted by chongoman
    How about DG's somo ride tommorow at 6:30? Haven't riddent with you forever.
    looking forward to it...

Transit Bus Driver
    If anyone is camping tonight let me know where and ill come kick it. my # is 928-793-4561

Brandon

parenting for gnarness

oh $h!t i traildoc'd

bout halfway down 6 Shooter some of the awesome work crew built a log up-and-over, and i up and overed, and some of the log collapsed. so we smoothed the remains and used the pieces to try to make what we thought was fun too! hope that is ok, i had great angst over this, Sam said "f them, they shoulda built it better ". good times, thanks you guys who did all that work, so many fun things to hit (or try to hit) as alternatives to the main trail!!!

Sam (u2metoo), Jeff (skinny tire), my bud Alex and me - 2:30, 15 miles, 4500 ft up, 1:15 down moving time. good times, much happy chat on the climb, awesome fun on the dh. at the parking spot there was a Honda Element and a Prius and we thought by gawd the meth heads are gonna knock off these big city treehuggers!!!

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006

Nice vid!!!

I especially liked the soundtrack. Remixed NIN is always good.... to me anyways... hence my signature....

bobo

Quote Originally Posted by honemastert
    I cleaned up the footage and reposted to
    get you psyched up for tomorrow!

Too bad I'm gonna miss it!
    Flash and mp4 high res versions

Have fun.. and report back

Link to Hi-Res Version

mtbr member
    Great but challenging ride today.

Kewl to bump into under7ow and Isaac on the trail.

Skinnytire gets the guts award today for bringing the 40 lbs Kona up the hill.

The trails were fast, but after the long climb up, I wasn't seeing the trail all that well. I struggled to track good lines down the trail. Today, we did some sessioning on some of the features on the trail. First tries didn't always meet up with success, but we also didn't get banged up either. I did take a little stupid spill, and cracked my knee cap on sharp rock. No blood, but it kinda smarts. I neglected to bring the bash pads up today. Last time I leave those in the car on this ride. Other than Skinnytire still getting his bike dialed in, we had no carnage or mechanicals.

I got a 100 oz camelbak and sucked nearly the whole thing down on the roll up the hill, so I was outta water for basically the whole ride down. The bummer part about this was that it was getting hotter, and hotter as we lost elevation. That and I had downed nearly my whole gatorade on the break at the top.

Thanks to Under7ow, I came out a new exit today, down by the windmill, . As hot as it was, I wasn't looking forward to the no momentum riding on the exit that I usually take, especially considering that it was prolly about 95 degrees outta water, and we'd been on the trail for about 5 hours.

Here's a vid of the day; it's the low quality version that plays fast:

Here's a link to the high res version (note: it'll take a few minutes to load up)
    Last edited by u2metoo; 06-15-2008 at 06:35 AM.

Sup?

cool!

hey u2 and cb, sorry i missed yesterday, definitely would have
    enjoyed hitting it one more time.

great video.. very cool! some nice riding
    so was the ride up pretty toasty?

yes, that exit by the windmill, over the dam is much better
    then finding that non-descript, sand filled wash, then up over
    that knoll then the climb out to the fun/fast road. Not enough
    decent trail on that last little section to make it worthwhile IMHO.

bailing to the road there (just left of the windmill once you
    pass it) is the better option.

Re; NIN remixed.. yeah, whats even cooler is that you can
    (or at least used to be able to) download that whole song
    in Logic or GarageBand format and play around with it on your
    own!
    Last edited by honemastert; 06-15-2008 at 10:36 AM.

I am Walt
    Nice...hard to believe that's AZ...or at least non-Flagstaff AZ
    Ride more; post less...

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006

Still can....

Re; NIN remixed.. yeah, whats even cooler is that you can
    (or at least used to be able to) download that whole song
    in Logic or GarageBand format and play around with it on your
    own![/QUOTE]

Even the latest and released for free album The Slip....

My remixes sucked, so I listen to others who have some talent....

bobo

parenting for gnarness
    the top is nice! the initial descent is kinda like Little Bear in Flag, but the trail is very thin and slipperier (sp?) with the needles and sand. the trials make it lots of fun. then it gets into high desert and desert terrain. the bottom is fun - lots of boostable rock obstacles one after another. It took us barely 1.5 hrs to get home to east Mesa, losing a few minutes to the 202 closure. we weren't driving fast either - its just surprisingly close to the east Valley.

heat would not be too bad with an earlier start, but by the end we were cooking. I'd do it again if we were FIP by 6.

mtbr member
    "Globe, a whole other world"

mtbr member
    heat would not be too bad with an earlier start, but by the end we were cooking. I'd do it again if we were FIP by 6.
    I have to agree, the heat was a killer. I ran out of water, which very, very, very rarely happens. I lost 6 pounds after the ride. It really took its toll on me.

That said, really great ride, but humbling for me. U2, CB, and Alex flew down the hill, while ST took his sweet ass time. But I still had a blast.

By the way, when I had Rick at the bikeshop look at my bike, one of the front brake pads had popped out of the spring. I'm guess it was like that the entire ride, which would not surprise me, as it felt I had no stopping power.

Saucy Size
    Yeah, the heat really scared me off. I'm sorry I couldn't do the ride, but I'm glad I avoided the heat. :-/

Globe season should restart Novemberish.

p.

mtbr member
    ...see ya then!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    Yeah, the heat really scared me off. I'm sorry I couldn't do the ride, but I'm glad I avoided the heat. :-/

Globe season should restart Novemberish.

p.

Members who have read this thread: 0