G-form vs. Leatt Airflex pro?- Mtbr.com
    EDR

G-form vs. Leatt Airflex pro?

Need some light-duty knee protection for hot weather riding. Something I can comfortably pedal in for hours. My old 661 stuff it's just too hot and heavy so I never wore it except on the way down. Would like something for general trail riding and so far these are the two options that seem to pop up a lot.

Using the search function on my phone is about useless so any real-world advice would be appreciated thanks

mtbr member
    I recently upgraded from the G-form to the Leatt. Right out of the gate, the Leatt was more comfy and stayed in place better. I rarely need to pull them up. It also feels a bit more protective than the GF. I can't speak to the hot weather comfort, as I got the Leatts last fall. Both feel pretty equal in terms of temperate comfort/cooling, but most pads are going to suck in the heat, especially Phx heat.
    The only trace I leave behind is tire marks.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    The Leatts are about as unnoticeable as you’ll find. The G Form stuff is better than nothing, but not in the same category.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

Closekids.com
    I actually own both and both are good. The GForms are older and definitely slip a bit more, but it isn't horrible. The Leatts are really solid all around and just seem to have more technology in them. No question I would go with the latter.

For the most part, I don't use either one. My go to is Race Face Charge pads for everyday riding in AZ. They aren't for enduro or higher type riding, but for most of what I do, these work great. I don't care if you just ride XC in AZ...you will wash out sooner or later and these have saved me a few times, but aren't a hindrance at all.
    Me to my riding buddy, "Want to ride this afternoon?"
    Him, "I can't. I have to chop this guys foot off at 2".

EDR
    I'll check out the charge stuff. I want rather minimalistic protection for everyday Hawes/Twisted Sister/Gold Canyon type rides where you are always pedaling. I have heavier pads for chunkier or faster rides.

Sounds like most prefer Leatt vs. the G-form though.

EDR
    Anyone using the Kali Strike?

Can't find Leatt Airflex locally to try on. Did try G-Form in XL but they seem really tight on top and not crazy about them overall. Alpinestar paragon are cheap but quality/durability looks not so good.
    Last edited by eatdrinkride; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:51 PM.

Addicted to 2 wheels
    I have had the Kali Strikes for about a year. Good technology. I have crashed many times on them. Also wear them all summer. YOu have a slight adjustment with velcro so they do not slip. Set and forget it.

I have not tried the Leatt, but they sound pretty good. G Form was the first in the game and are not bad either, but likely the last I would choose out of these options.

EDR
    Thanks. Now I can't find the bike shop that told me they had Kali's in stock.

I'll just order from Jenson, they have free returns on apparel.