FYI: New Rec Area and Trails @ Globe!- Mtbr.com
    Saucy Size

FYI: New Rec Area and Trails @ Globe!

My man Ranger Larry @ Tonto NF sent me a package last week regarding the development of the new Timber Camp Recreation Site. The proposed facility will accommodate day use, single family camping, group camping, equestrian camping, and *TA DA* a multi-looped trail system.

The location is on the west side of US60, about 26 miles north of Globe in the Timber Camp Mountains. Elevation is 5800', in an open stand of Ponderosa pine and pinyon/juniper/oak a bit lower.

The goal is to complete the work in the next couple years.

Here's how to make sure mountain biking gets its fair share of the development at Timber Camp: Contact Connie Lane, the team leader, at 928-402-6200, or Dave Killebrew, rec planner, at 602-225-5200. You can also email your comments to [email protected].

They want comments by July 16. So get to it!

p.
    Last edited by Paul B; 06-29-2004 at 03:26 PM. Reason: my all-important signoff
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

mtbr member

Good job!

YES!

I'll volunteer to build trails for sure. The more mtn. bikers who volunteer to build trails, the more likely the "powers" will be to consider us as a valid user group. On this level of land managment, it ultimately comes down to a few folks in green shirts saying "okay". And they are influenced by input. I was biking in SW Utah in the mid 90's and as a result of constructive input the USFS baught a TrailCat and built at least a hundred miles of single track on the high plateaus over the next few years! (VRRT one example)

This is an incredible opportunity for us. Thanks Paul B. for the post!

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    My man Ranger Larry @ Tonto NF sent me a package last week regarding the development of the new Timber Camp Recreation Site. The proposed facility will accommodate day use, single family camping, group camping, equestrian camping, and *TA DA* a multi-looped trail system.

The location is on the west side of US60, about 26 miles north of Globe in the Timber Camp Mountains. Elevation is 5800', in an open stand of Ponderosa pine and pinyon/juniper/oak a bit lower.

The goal is to complete the work in the next couple years.

Here's how to make sure mountain biking gets its fair share of the development at Timber Camp: Contact Connie Lane, the team leader, at 928-402-6200, or Dave Killebrew, rec planner, at 602-225-5200. You can also email your comments to [email protected].

p.
    Last edited by Rollin'in'Zona; 07-02-2004 at 01:10 AM.