Friday ride 11/3?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Friday ride 11/3?

Any Phoenix/Scottsdale riders interested in showing a visitor from Georgia some local trails? I'm coming in for the weekend and looking for somewhere to ride on Friday afternoon and Sunday. Intermediate XC rider, 2-3 hours, hills OK.

Flight gets in around 11:00. Two hours to pick up my bike and re-assemble it, and ready to ride after 2:00.

wrecking crew
    Hi Shultz5,

Can't get the Friday riding in...working! bah! If you can, keep an eye on the boards. There should be rides popping up as the weekend gets near! Hopefully you can hook up with one of the Sunday rides. Where are you staying and do you have a way of getting around?
    ~~~

Your Imaginary Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by schultz5
    Any Phoenix/Scottsdale riders interested in showing a visitor from Georgia some local trails? I'm coming in for the weekend and looking for somewhere to ride on Friday afternoon and Sunday. Intermediate XC rider, 2-3 hours, hills OK.

Flight gets in around 11:00. Two hours to pick up my bike and re-assemble it, and ready to ride after 2:00.
    Hey schultz, I'm coming in from SoCal and looking for some rides as well. I wouldn't mind some more advanced stuff and some significant climbing but I'll be happy just to be out there.

I'm in for both Saturday and Sunday all day both days! (I'm trying to avoid having to hang out with my wife's friend's husband)
    There's a fine line between courage and foolishness. Too bad it's not a fence.

Too many Sedonuts...
    I can show you T100 and it's variants friday at around 3pm...was going to be out there anyway. PM me if you're interested.

-JB

mtbr member
    You out of towners need to hit Goat Camp. If I'm done being sick by the weekend I would be up for showing you the trails.

wrecking crew
    Pass Mtn loop is fun too...
    ~~~

Your Imaginary Friend
    I'm up for either...who's leading?
    There's a fine line between courage and foolishness. Too bad it's not a fence.

Kathleen in AZ
    Hey out-of-towners... I'll soon be posting up a new thread for a long ride at South Mountain this Sunday. Will welcome anyone as long as they are prepared for a ride will be 26ish miles, will be technical & gnarly (armor recommended), and will last a minimum of 5 hours but probably longer. Good times indeed. Schultz5 - you could start the ride with us and then double back when your time is up. CranxOC - sounds like this is just the sort of ride you're looking for!! Monkeybutt and SuLing will be doing this on Sunday and may be up for taking you somewhere else on Saturday...

wrecking crew
    Quote Originally Posted by CranxOC
    I'm up for either...who's leading?
    CranxOC,

Looks like she beat me to it! DurtGurl's Sunday Epic is the gnarly ride you wanna do. It'll be a SoMo Coast2Coast2Coast Ride like the one we did a few weeks back (minus injuries this time!). This is your chance to hit National...ALL of National and then some!

Saturday, Jeff (Monkeybutt) & I are thinking about a White Tanks Goat Camp ride but we haven't full decided yet. He's fighting a cold but should be good by the weekend. We'll post up more info later in the week.

Keep your eye out for the upcoming post up on the SoMo C2C2C ride... Should be a fun time fo sho! Bring mucho water, some food & gu.
    ~~~

wrecking crew
    Hey out-of-towners! Your Sunday Fun has been posted!

SoMo C2C2C - Sunday 11/5 FIP @ 8AM
    ~~~

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Thanks to all that replied. By the time I got back on line it was too late to coordinate something for Friday. I ended up doing the sport and technical loops at McDowell twice. I love the sport loop - pure fast fun!

Sunday I had all intentions of hitting DurtGurl's SoMo ride. However, a friend and I discovered Old Scottsdale Saturday night and Sunday morning was painful. I rode around the T100 system most of the afternoon. I spent most of the time riding the side trails - T8, 220, 1A, and others I can't remember between Dreamy Draw and Tatum - lots of fun exploring the unmarked trails.

Next time I head to the area I'll plan better and hit some of the other trails.

Thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0