mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Fork question for the Freeride/DH'ers ...

I have an older non adjustable 888 on my bike now. I got the bike used and rode it the way it came, until just recently. It was way too stiff for the chunk, but great for the bigger hits at NRA.

I recently had the fork set up for my weight and now it's great in the chunk, but I'm cringing when hitting the bigger stuff (think rock gap) out at NRA and anything that lands to flat.

I love playing on the jumps. Is there a fork that has enough adjustment to get both ends of the spectrum or do I just need to live with the compromise?

mtbr member
    Hey Turtle, if I remeber right you have a 05 888 VF? You could try finding some rebound & compression assy's off a 05 888RC and slap'em in and give that a try. Beats buying a new fork. That will give you some external adjustment to play with.
    SHITBIRD

mtbr member
    Maybe try a little heavier weight oil on the compression side. If I recall correctly, Marzocchi uses 5 weight fork oil stock. Try a 7 weight or higher fork oil on the compression side and see if it is a good compromise for you. You should be able to pick it up at any motorcycle shop. It's pretty inexpensive too. It worked for me back in the day.
    It's only skin, it'll grow back!!

Save the drama for your mama!!!

Porkchop Sandwiches!

Members who have read this thread: 0