Floyd Landis at Leadville

Printable View

• 04-19-2007
    chollaball
    Floyd Landis at Leadville
    This article reports he will ride that race. I've always thought its cool when there are pros in races that us normal folks can also ride. I know he did El Tour de Tucson I think 2 years ago.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cyclin...ory?id=2842959

Keith Bontrager won his class at the Tour of the Whites last year w. a very good time, making me take back some of the horrible things I said about his components (or at least convincing me that he sold out to Trek). And many of us have seen Tinker up close at some of the other Epic rides. I just think its neat...maybe cause I suck and am a star-f*cker;)
  • 04-19-2007
    Casual Observer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chollaball
    This article reports he will ride that race. I've always thought its cool when there are pros in races that us normal folks can also ride. I know he did El Tour de Tucson I think 2 years ago.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cyclin...ory?id=2842959

Keith Bontrager won his class at the Tour of the Whites last year w. a very good time, making me take back some of the horrible things I said about his components (or at least convincing me that he sold out to Trek). And many of us have seen Tinker up close at some of the other Epic rides. I just think its neat...maybe cause I suck and am a star-f*cker;)

Dirt Rag had a really cool editorial about Leadville after it was rumored that Floyd and Lance were considering doing it, but apparently Lance backed out (the editorial discussed how cool it would be for them to race without all the hoopla of road races). If you can find it, a very entertaining read.

And at the fear of YetiSurley accusing me of being a name dropper, I actually had the opportunity to share a camping spot at the first 24hrs of Adrenalin at the McDowell mts a couple years ago (three or four teams shared a spot reserved for us by the Adrenalin folks). I didn't say a damn word to him, partly because he spent have the race trying to stop a bloody nose, but it was kind of neat.

As for Tinker, hate the dude. He's passed me now probably 10 times in the last 5 years, and every time he does, he always does so with a kind word. I don't think he's genuine :)
  • 04-20-2007
    azjonboy
    Talked to Tinker at 24 hrs of Moab a couple years ago. It's amazing how a guy can be that strong and talk as if he was in a lounge chair while riding. Espaecially after 18 hours on the bike.