Thread: flat pedals

mtbr member

flat pedals

I'm thinking of putting flat pedals on rfx and getting rid of my shimano 545's. I haven't ridden flats in a while, but I get a bit freaked on techy stuff while being clipped in. Anyhow I've found the Kona Wah Wah's on sale online, and was wondering if anyone's using them here. They look nice and thin, but stout at the same time. My last platforms years ago were Ringle ZuZu's and they shattered on a rock.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    i'm using the wah wah's on my mini dh bike and love them. just like you said: thin, stout and a good price. plus the platform size of the pedal feels good under my foot, just big enough to feel planted but not so small to feel squirmy.
    Last edited by 'size; 09-07-2009 at 09:39 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I love mine.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Wellgo MG-1's for me, but diggin the new Canfield pedal! Only drawback to the Wellgo's is shearing pins off on rocks then the hole is too big to screw them back in, gotta resize, or should I say re-tap and go up one size.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    My oldlady was killing any pedals I put on her bike , ( I even cut welded and made her a custom pair which is actually still working )---

then she found the Kona wah wah's on e-bay or somewhere and she just loves them ,
    They are as thin as the ones I made for her and they take the same allen bolts for studs as the ones I made , ( the allen pins really fail in comparison )
    her foot stays on the wah wah's better than any of her pedals and she has yet to break or bend them at all and she hits everything on the trail almost as bad as I do .
    Last edited by kelstr; 09-07-2009 at 08:01 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0