Flagstaff this weekend..- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 69 of 69
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jerry4064's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    79

    Flagstaff this weekend..

    Heading up the mountain on Friday after work, and will be riding Elden Saturday and Sunday. I will have my truck, and would like to do some shuttling. If anyone else is heading up, and wants to join, let me know..

  2. #2
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry4064 View Post
    Heading up the mountain on Friday after work, and will be riding Elden Saturday and Sunday. I will have my truck, and would like to do some shuttling. If anyone else is heading up, and wants to join, let me know..
    I will be heading up to Flag this weekend also! Will have a small crew camping up behind Sunset Trailhead at the top of Schultz if I can secure the spot - we plan on XC for Saturday and DH for Sunday. Unfortunately, Swampythang got hurt and he (and his big badass truck) have bailed on us for the weekend. Soooo.... we're looking for a truck to haul 6-8 DHs up Elden on Sunday. Might have to rent a truck, but maybe you are willing and able to share yours? Either way, you are welcome to join the weekend fun (as is anyone else seeing this post)! To find our camp, look for my old silver 4Runner, Cenobuns' monster white Extera, other vehicles, and a pack of wild heeler dogs running free and causing havoc. XC ride will probably start around 10 AM on Sat and DH hopefully by 9 on Sun.
    Last edited by DurtGurl; 08-10-2011 at 05:43 PM.

  3. #3
    Wait for me!
    Reputation: whoopwhoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    687
    Ooh ooh ooh, Sunday Flag shuttles!! I was hoping something like this would pop up since the Gnar boys aren't doing Sunrise this weekend. I'd be coming up from the valley Sunday morning, I've got a crew cab pickup if anyone wants to roll out of town around 6am. With my truck and Jerry's truck we could have quite the crew.

  4. #4
    Wait for me!
    Reputation: whoopwhoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    687
    Jerry, this is Matt from last Sunday with the white 951 btw.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,347
    I think we should be getting some rain so the trails could be in really good shape! It's my Dad weekend so no riding for me but have fun out there!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jerry4064's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    79
    Hey Guys! We can definitely use my truck, and should be able to fit at least six bikes in the back... So like Matt said, with both trucks, we can do some shredding!! I'm staying in DT Flag right by the hospital, and am open to riding anytime..

    Matt, I think a proper Flagstaff break in of the 951 is definitely an order!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jerry4064's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl View Post
    I will be heading up to Flag this weekend also! Will have a small crew camping up behind Sunset Trailhead at the top of Schultz if I can secure the spot - we plan on XC for Saturday and DH for Sunday. Unfortunately, Swampythang got hurt and he (and his big badass truck) have bailed on us for the weekend. Soooo.... we're looking for a truck to haul 6-8 DHs up Elden on Sunday. Might have to rent a truck, but maybe you are willing and able to share yours? Either way, you are welcome to join the weekend fun (as is anyone else seeing this post)! To find our camp, look for my old silver 4Runner, Cenobuns' monster white Extera, other vehicles, and a pack of wild heeler dogs running free and causing havoc. XC ride will probably start around 10 AM on Sat and DH hopefully by 9 on Sun.
    GurtGurl, you got yourselves a ride... or two

  8. #8
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation: big0mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,075
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl View Post
    I will be heading up to Flag this weekend also! Will have a small crew camping up behind Sunset Trailhead at the top of Schultz if I can secure the spot - we plan on XC for Saturday and DH for Sunday. Unfortunately, Swampythang got hurt and he (and his big badass truck) have bailed on us for the weekend. Soooo.... we're looking for a truck to haul 6-8 DHs up Elden on Sunday. Might have to rent a truck, but maybe you are willing and able to share yours?
    Dang, that blows. It's lookin' like Barry and I will be up there by 9a on Sunday and it sounds like there may be enough junkies with trucks to shuttle plenty still...

  9. #9
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry4064 View Post
    Hey Guys! We can definitely use my truck, and should be able to fit at least six bikes in the back... So like Matt said, with both trucks, we can do some shredding!! I'm staying in DT Flag right by the hospital, and am open to riding anytime..

    Matt, I think a proper Flagstaff break in of the 951 is definitely an order!
    Sweeet!! Shall we meet at the Elden/Schultz Y at 9AM? With afternoon monsoons being likely, we don't want to start too late. Can't think of a better way to spend my birthday

  10. #10
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    GurtGurl thanks you!!! Will PM you for phone number exchange and details... Sunday shreddin is ON!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    962
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl View Post
    Sweeet!! Shall we meet at the Elden/Schultz Y at 9AM? With afternoon monsoons being likely, we don't want to start too late. Can't think of a better way to spend my birthday
    HBD DurtGurl! Why the new camp spot, did u get tired of hotlaps on Puppy Chow?

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Evil Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,754
    Tracey and I will be up there Fri/Sat/Sun.

    I think we're going to try to get rolling quite early (like, by about 8 or 8:30) to avoid getting
    caught in the it's-gonna-rain-yes-it-is monsoons.

    Not sure where we'll be starting, but we'll try to roll by the DG campsite to see if you're up
    for joining part of a ride or whatever.

    We'll be doing LANS AAM rides all 3 days.
    -- Evil Patrick

    Some of my Music

    My Videos

    The trail...shall set you free.

  13. #13
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by elrancho66 View Post
    HBD DurtGurl! Why the new camp spot, did u get tired of hotlaps on Puppy Chow?
    Thanks! I like all the flat spots up top and having the outhouse nearby means not having to dig a hole every morning But... I'm rethinking camping options now and will likely go for the good ol puppy chow spot left from the cattleguard since so many will be doing just day trips and I really like to roll down to camp. Care to join the party??

  14. #14
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Patrick View Post
    Tracey and I will be up there Fri/Sat/Sun.

    I think we're going to try to get rolling quite early (like, by about 8 or 8:30) to avoid getting
    caught in the it's-gonna-rain-yes-it-is monsoons.

    Not sure where we'll be starting, but we'll try to roll by the DG campsite to see if you're up
    for joining part of a ride or whatever.

    We'll be doing LANS AAM rides all 3 days.
    LANS AAM ? Knowing you, I'm guessing that means Lance Armstrong No-Stop Aggressive All Mountain? I'm up for the aggressive all-mtn part, but not the LANS bit. I do hope we run into each other though! Haven't see you and Tracey in ages.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Evil Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,754
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl View Post
    LANS AAM ? Knowing you, I'm guessing that means Lance Armstrong No-Stop Aggressive All Mountain? I'm up for the aggressive all-mtn part, but not the LANS bit. I do hope we run into each other though! Haven't see you and Tracey in ages.


    Long Ass, No Shuttle



    You got the AAM part right.

    Yeah, we'd love to run into you and pedal some trails. We have some great friends up in
    Flag and they know how to string together some sweet rides.

    I really shouldn't be going up there right now as I just developed runners knee
    like, last weekend. WTF!?? I don't even run!



    But I'm icing it right now (as I type) and have been for the last 3 days and it's getting
    better.

    I'm a stubborn fool. We set this up well before this sudden onset of a knee issue. I'm
    riding, dammit!
    -- Evil Patrick

    Some of my Music

    My Videos

    The trail...shall set you free.

  16. #16
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Patrick View Post


    Long Ass, No Shuttle



    You got the AAM part right.

    Yeah, we'd love to run into you and pedal some trails. We have some great friends up in
    Flag and they know how to string together some sweet rides.

    I really shouldn't be going up there right now as I just developed runners knee
    like, last weekend. WTF!?? I don't even run!




    But I'm icing it right now (as I type) and have been for the last 3 days and it's getting
    better.

    I'm a stubborn fool. We set this up well before this sudden onset of a knee issue. I'm
    riding, dammit!
    All the more reason to make it a LAS AAM weekend! (long ass shuttle). It is not a crime to shuttle your bike

    Hope to see you up there. Cheers!

  17. #17
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    30,804
    Thinking about it...
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  18. #18
    "No Clue Crew"
    Reputation: Cenobite39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Thinking about it...
    What's to think about ? I'm coming off of an injury and can't wait for this weekend !

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by whoopwhoop View Post
    ooh ooh ooh, sunday flag shuttles!! I was hoping something like this would pop up since the gnar boys aren't doing sunrise this weekend. I'd be coming up from the valley sunday morning, i've got a crew cab pickup if anyone wants to roll out of town around 6am. With my truck and jerry's truck we could have quite the crew.
    pm sent

  20. #20
    Wait for me!
    Reputation: whoopwhoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    687
    I've got room for two more if anyone else in the valley wants to roll up Sunday morning.

  21. #21
    "No Clue Crew"
    Reputation: Cenobite39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,231
    Saturday XC will be fun but I can not wait for Sunday!

  22. #22
    Alive and Lurkin'
    Reputation: Jibro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by whoopwhoop View Post
    I've got room for two more if anyone else in the valley wants to roll up Sunday morning.
    PM Sent
    Pumpin & Pimpin

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Patrick View Post
    Tracey and I will be up there Fri/Sat/Sun.

    I think we're going to try to get rolling quite early (like, by about 8 or 8:30) to avoid getting
    caught in the it's-gonna-rain-yes-it-is monsoons.

    Not sure where we'll be starting, but we'll try to roll by the DG campsite to see if you're up
    for joining part of a ride or whatever.

    We'll be doing LANS AAM rides all 3 days.
    The best time to ride is right after the rain lets up in the late afternoon, if it does. Hero dirt, cool temps, and some lingering cloud cover is what makes this time of year so good. Get out early for a few and get back out later if you can, you will be stoked if you do.

  24. #24
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    The best time to ride is right after the rain lets up in the late afternoon, if it does. Hero dirt, cool temps, and some lingering cloud cover is what makes this time of year so good. Get out early for a few and get back out later if you can, you will be stoked if you do.
    Thanks for the tip! Perhaps I'll hold off on that midday rainy beer and see if the clouds open up. Looking forward to sampling some fine Flagstaff single track!

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: phxrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    116
    Wish I could go, Have a great time all!!! I would say be safe..., but that wouldn't be any fun

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    962
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl View Post
    Thanks! I like all the flat spots up top and having the outhouse nearby means not having to dig a hole every morning But... I'm rethinking camping options now and will likely go for the good ol puppy chow spot left from the cattleguard since so many will be doing just day trips and I really like to roll down to camp. Care to join the party??
    DG, Maybe I'll sneak into the Puppy Chow camp and hijack the cerveza while your out shuttlin'.2 Wheels Good

  27. #27
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by elrancho66 View Post
    DG, Maybe I'll sneak into the Puppy Chow camp and hijack the cerveza while your out shuttlin'.2 Wheels Good
    I'll be sure to stash the beer next to these guys... BEWARE!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flagstaff this weekend..-dscf1290.jpg  


  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    962
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl View Post
    I'll be sure to stash the beer next to these guys... BEWARE!!!
    Gamechanger!

  29. #29
    ******ed or Branded??
    Reputation: doodooboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,085
    Hey DG curious to know. What do you do with your dogs when you are away from the campsite ridng. I could be worng but surely you can't be taking them all along for the epic rides?
    Been wanting to a camp trip up there with my pup but afraid to leave him behind while I ride. Afraid the rangers may warrant me a citation for leaving him unattented. Just wanted some ideas. Thanks

  30. #30
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi View Post
    Hey DG curious to know. What do you do with your dogs when you are away from the campsite ridng. I could be worng but surely you can't be taking them all along for the epic rides?
    Been wanting to a camp trip up there with my pup but afraid to leave him behind while I ride. Afraid the rangers may warrant me a citation for leaving him unattented. Just wanted some ideas. Thanks
    For years we've just been leaving the dogs tied up at camp. They know the drill and settle right in for a nice nap. If there is a possibility of rain, I'm sure to leave them under an easy-up. Holly sometimes goes on rides, but the others cannot keep up with bikes. Never had anyone mess with the dogs or camping gear.

  31. #31
    Huffy Rider
    Reputation: motochick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,391
    If your pups don't mind a "new dog" I will bring mine for some pre and post ride playtime. My dog loves other dogs as long as they are nice dogs with happy attitudes. She has many sheep dog friends here at home!

  32. #32
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by motochick View Post
    If your pups don't mind a "new dog" I will bring mine for some pre and post ride playtime. My dog loves other dogs as long as they are nice dogs with happy attitudes. She has many sheep dog friends here at home!
    The dog:human ratio will be about 2.5:1 this weekend, and all dogs are friendly (people too). Bring her along!

  33. #33
    Wait for me!
    Reputation: whoopwhoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    687
    Still have room if anyone wants to roll up Sunday

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SlowbutSure's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    285
    I sure could use some help with all you Flag shredders. If you could grab the parts I bought from Motochick and bring them back to the valley I sure would appreciate it. I will hook up with you next week if you could get them for me. Maybe Wednesday at S Mnt Gnar attack. Let me know. Thanks, Eric

  35. #35
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowbutSure View Post
    I sure could use some help with all you Flag shredders. If you could grab the parts I bought from Motochick and bring them back to the valley I sure would appreciate it. I will hook up with you next week if you could get them for me. Maybe Wednesday at S Mnt Gnar attack. Let me know. Thanks, Eric
    Would be happy to transport parts back to phx if she brings them tomorrow!

  36. #36
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    30,804
    So 9? Its looking decently dry.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  37. #37
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation: big0mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,075
    Yep. Got a text from Rick confirming 9a at the Y of Elden & Schultz Said it's been cool and no rain.

  38. #38
    Wait for me!
    Reputation: whoopwhoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    687
    So it looks like it's just me heading up from Phoenix tomorrow. I've got four extra seats if anyone wants to catch a ride, last chance.......

  39. #39
    "No Clue Crew"
    Reputation: Cenobite39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,231
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    Yep. Got a text from Rick confirming 9a at the Y of Elden & Schultz Said it's been cool and no rain.
    Famous last words !

    Awesome day with a lot of good riders and I can't wait to see the various videos !

    I really hope Mike's GoPro show the river we followed down Private Reserve because it was just barely controlled chaos !

  40. #40
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation: big0mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,075
    That was such a fun and brutal day. SO much different than SoMo or PMP. That loose stuff was driving me crazy and I don't have the confidence in my tires (or myself as much) to handle that stuff.

    I got a lot of the rainy Private Reserve but it's difficult to tell and appreciate how much water was flowing down that rutted trail. Tough trail but I really wanna try it again with good weather.

    I didn't have time to edit everything but here's the good stuff you all wanna see As is customary my language is NSfW. I think you'll understand why...

    from Michael Stevens on Vimeo.


  41. #41
    RHRF!
    Reputation: titusbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    That was such a fun and brutal day. SO much different than SoMo or PMP. That loose stuff was driving me crazy and I don't have the confidence in my tires (or myself as much) to handle that stuff.

    I got a lot of the rainy Private Reserve but it's difficult to tell and appreciate how much water was flowing down that rutted trail. Tough trail but I really wanna try it again with good weather.

    I didn't have time to edit everything but here's the good stuff you all wanna see As is customary my language is NSfW. I think you'll understand why...
    ...And I presume that no trees were harmed in the making of that video!
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Anaïs Nin)

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,824
    Quote Originally Posted by titusbro View Post
    ...And I presume that no trees were harmed in the making of that video!
    Just curious but was beveraging involved on the shuttle ride? Some of those crashes don't make sense. But it's always steeper than it looks on the vid.

  43. #43
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780
    Nice. Why is the GPS upside down? Maybe that is why you kept going off trail.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  44. #44
    "No Clue Crew"
    Reputation: Cenobite39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,231
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Just curious but was beveraging involved on the shuttle ride? Some of those crashes don't make sense. But it's always steeper than it looks on the vid.
    Much steeper than it looks.

    Great job today Guys and thank god, someone besides me finally made a good crash video !

  45. #45
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation: big0mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,075
    Quote Originally Posted by titusbro View Post
    ...And I presume that no trees were harmed in the making of that video!
    Not physically. They may be a little mentally stressed now, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Just curious but was beveraging involved on the shuttle ride? Some of those crashes don't make sense. But it's always steeper than it looks on the vid.
    Steeper and LOOSER. Combine that with a half-assed riderthat has only ridden the hardpack of the valley and doesn't know how to rail bermed corners and you get lots of time on your butt. I was scared of getting air more because I had no idea what I was gonna do when I landed again. Even just the drops, not the actual ramped jumps which I skirted, had me worried 'cause you're flying and I have no idea when the loose stuff is gonna 'cause my tires to slide (like the wrecks at :47 and 1:10). And since I've never ridden in conditions like that I kinda panick, stiffen up, straighten up and try to slow the bike. All bad news especially when the trail isn't straight for more than 10' at a time. But, it makes for good video

    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobite39 View Post
    Much steeper than it looks.

    Great job today Guys and thank god, someone besides me finally made a good crash video !
    Glad I could help out

    The footage from the downpour on Private Reserve isn't great. Almost immediately I picked up some mud right in the middle of the lens and my seat bumped the camera somewhere around halfway through so you're looking at the ground the rest of the ride. Too bad 'cause I had another great OtB where the bike landed on top of me but because the camera isn't pointed at the horizon the footage wasn't exciting at all. Even after that spill I didn't think to check the camera.

    So, at least half, if not more, is useless but I'm sure there's something that might give an idea of the current of water down the mountain. When edit the rest I'll post it up...

    Thanks to everyone for a great day. I only remember a couple names but it was a nice crew to ride with even under less than perfect weather.

  46. #46
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation: big0mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,075
    BtW... I love the fact that DurtGurl is laughing even BEFORE she's DONE crashing. LOVE IT! Great riding

  47. #47
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    Saturday was clear and cool!
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  48. #48
    Bloodied but Unbowed
    Reputation: DesertCrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,498
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    BtW... I love the fact that DurtGurl is laughing even BEFORE she's DONE crashing. LOVE IT! Great riding
    Great video Mike. It is quite different riding on those trails than what we are used to here. Although a lot less chunk, the trails are way steeper, way looser, way faster and have more non-rollable drops. You did great.

    DurtGurl is my new hero. Not only does she tear that stuff up, she does it with class and style and a super attitude.

    F'rinstance, she was one of three riders that did Happy Ending in the rain.

    Rick, once again, thanks for looking out for me. It really did help a lot, even if I did not heed your input on that one drop early on the first run. Oh, and while I appreciate you helping me pick up after the yard sale, I would like my stuff back...

  49. #49
    Huffy Rider
    Reputation: motochick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,391
    Wow! I was going to up that day and make my first trips down the DH stuff, but time did not allow me to get everything together.....guess that was a good thing! I would really like to see more video of the first timers so I can have somewhat of a heads up on what to expect, I guess I should expect to crash a lot!

    How many runs did you all get in?

    Brenda

  50. #50
    Bloodied but Unbowed
    Reputation: DesertCrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,498
    My GoPro kept shutting off - it has done this before - so I am not sure much much video I got if any. Mine would have been slow and tentative with one big endo early on and a few shots of Kathleen and Rick doing some obstacles, and Mike's butt when I was close enough to see it. Might have to use one's imagination if the footage doesn't materialize.

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    774




























  52. #52
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Who wants to do it again this Sunday (8/21) provided the weather looks ok? Three runs was just enough to get warmed up last weekend... I need more Elden!

  53. #53
    Bloodied but Unbowed
    Reputation: DesertCrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,498
    I'd love to ride it again, but I feel I need a bunch of sessioning/tutoring drops before I can really get into it. I learned the hard way you just can't roll most of them!

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jerry4064's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    79
    hmmm.. I'd absolutely LOVE to go this weekend, but can't make it until next weekend.... Sunday was SOOO much fun, even in the rain!

  55. #55
    AKA shitbird
    Reputation: eabos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,342
    Who wants more on Sunday? Me, ME, ME! I need more Elden....always need more DH.

    Mike: Wow! that video! I had no idea you were having that hard of a time. Thanks for posting. Just keep it up, you'll be pinning it before you know it.

    Oh, this is Moses by the way, rode the green V10
    JRA

  56. #56
    Wait for me!
    Reputation: whoopwhoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    687
    I vote next week. I'd go this weekend but I've gotta go to Jackson Hole

  57. #57
    Wait for me!
    Reputation: whoopwhoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    687
    Now that I think about it, I'll already be up there next weekend. For whatever reason I let myself get talked into riding the Barn Burner

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jerry4064's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by whoopwhoop View Post
    I vote next week. I'd go this weekend but I've gotta go to Jackson Hole
    My heart bleeds for you!!

  59. #59
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by eabos View Post
    Who wants more on Sunday? Me, ME, ME! I need more Elden....always need more DH.

    Mike: Wow! that video! I had no idea you were having that hard of a time. Thanks for posting. Just keep it up, you'll be pinning it before you know it.

    Oh, this is Moses by the way, rode the green V10
    Me me me too! I'd like to do dH this Sunday after a *gasp* XC race on Sat (see sticky). You driving? Sorry that new friends Jerry and matt can't make it.

  60. #60
    My other ride is your mom
    Reputation: Maadjurguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,298
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl View Post
    Me me me too! I'd like to do dH this Sunday after a *gasp* XC race on Sat (see sticky). You driving? Sorry that new friends Jerry and matt can't make it.

    Let me know if you come up again....I'd love to hang out.




  61. #61
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation: big0mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,075
    Quote Originally Posted by eabos View Post
    Mike: Wow! that video! I had no idea you were having that hard of a time. Thanks for posting. Just keep it up, you'll be pinning it before you know it.
    Hey Moses. It's just SO different from down here in Phoenix. STEEP, loose, twisty, flowy, fast, not to mention unknown trails. Don't know where the trail is fast, where you gotta slow, where you gotta have speed, what drops to jump, what drops to roll, where you have to turn after and sometimes before a jump or drop. It was a combination of a lot of unknowns but I came out relatively unscathed and had a great time although I was frustrated early on. I think I started to get a grip on controlling myself as the day progressed. It's too bad it was so rainy for Private Reserve 'cause that looks to be more up my alley. I'll get it soon enough, though.

    from Michael Stevens on Vimeo.


  62. #62
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    Consider everything a drop on Elden!
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  63. #63
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation: big0mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,075
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    Consider everything a drop on Elden!
    That's a safe bet as long as you know what's on the other side. I didn't as evidenced by the number of times I scooted off trail after a drop

  64. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jerry4064's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    Hey Moses. It's just SO different from down here in Phoenix. STEEP, loose, twisty, flowy, fast, not to mention unknown trails. Don't know where the trail is fast, where you gotta slow, where you gotta have speed, what drops to jump, what drops to roll, where you have to turn after and sometimes before a jump or drop. It was a combination of a lot of unknowns but I came out relatively unscathed and had a great time although I was frustrated early on. I think I started to get a grip on controlling myself as the day progressed. It's too bad it was so rainy for Private Reserve 'cause that looks to be more up my alley. I'll get it soon enough, though.

    from Michael Stevens on Vimeo.

    Nice work Mike!! It was still a super fun day, and can't wait to do it again! Already talking to rick and Kathleen about next Sunday...

  65. #65
    Huffy Rider
    Reputation: motochick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl View Post
    Me me me too! I'd like to do dH this Sunday after a *gasp* XC race on Sat (see sticky)
    It looks like Adam and I will be riding up there again this Sat. If you are going, we would love to ride with you again. Did you get your fork thing figured out?

    Brenda

  66. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    287
    so are you guys going up this weekend or next?

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jerry4064's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    79
    I'm plannin on being up there Sunday the 25th, and will gladly offer up my truck again for everyone's gravity fix...

  68. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    287
    Of next month?

  69. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jerry4064's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    79
    Duh, I meant to say Sunday the 28th, of this month... Thats what I get for trying to multi task

Similar Threads

  1. Flagstaff this weekend
    By 88mustanggt in forum Arizona
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-18-2010, 12:50 PM
  2. Flagstaff this weekend 6/23-6/25
    By DurtGurl in forum Arizona
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 08:00 PM
  3. Flagstaff this weekend, 6/16 - who's in?
    By CactusJoe in forum Arizona
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2007, 11:43 AM
  4. Flagstaff weekend
    By Jayem in forum Arizona
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-15-2005, 08:21 PM
  5. Flagstaff this last weekend
    By IBIKEAZ in forum Arizona
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 09:16 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.