Flagstaff this weekend- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Flagstaff this weekend

Is any one going to be ridding Elden in flagstaff this weekend of the 19th and 20th? I planning on camping/ ridding up there this weekend. everyone else bailed out, so I plan on going alone. I was just seeing if anyone has any shuttling or even pedaling plans for Saturday or Sunday.

mtbr member
    My shuttle plans are by myself too that weekend, in sunrise

Sexy Mother Fakir
    I ride every weekend in Flag, so yes I'm down to ride this weekend
    Last edited by Electric Vindaloo; 06-15-2010 at 10:12 AM.

Plus size jersey model
    I will be up there this weened as well. Camping near Shultz. No shuttle runs for me or my SS though. You are more then welcome to join in with me on some rides but be warned I am extremely slow. Plan on hitting at least Jedi, Little Bear, and SuperMoto sometime throughout the weekend plus whatever else I come across.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    i am anything but fast, you crazy ss speed riders always say you are slow but still end up beeing faster than us with gears.

i plan on camping near the sunset trail head, ill be in a grey explorer and a brown el quapo

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Electric i have only ridden up there a few weekend, wouldnt mine a locals perspective on some of the "good stuff"

Plus size jersey model
    I will be camped on the right at the cattle guard where dog dumps into that open area and jeep road. White Xterra

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Yo Brian, Vern Is a good guy do ride with, he tears up the XC stuff pretty damn good! Vern you should def bring your Squishy bike too... You remember how much fun the shuttle trails are!!!! one day you'll be hit by the GRAVITY BUG too!! Miss riding w/ you guys Cheers from OREGON! ...suckers :0)

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadbob
    Vern you should def bring your Squishy bike too...
    May the Yeti RIP...

Plus size jersey model
    Yup my full squishy is my SS hardtail. Its also my dirtjump, DH, XC racer, and bikepacking bike. Though I do none of those things on it, but just in case I ever want to.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I might be able to ride sunday. What time would the ride start?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    im open, ill be geting there late friday night setting camp up in the dark and the plan from there is to ride whenever.

gravity challenged
    May 2009

Good job!

I will be in the area sometime this weekend but haven't nailed down a time yet (lots of other family stuff going on). I will likely ride up Shultz then maybe cross the road and explore some on the peaks side, maybe do some "secret" trails up there and get lost. I'll cruise through the camps and say hello to you guys if you're around. I'm ridiculously slow so probably won't ride with you but I am always up for introductions and new mtb friends.

Cheers,
    -Brian

ps: I know a "Vern" in Tucson, rides, works at Honeywell... Same Vern? Just curious...

Plus size jersey model
    Quote Originally Posted by azoutside
    I will be in the area sometime this weekend but haven't nailed down a time yet (lots of other family stuff going on). I will likely ride up Shultz then maybe cross the road and explore some on the peaks side, maybe do some "secret" trails up there and get lost. I'll cruise through the camps and say hello to you guys if you're around. I'm ridiculously slow so probably won't ride with you but I am always up for introductions and new mtb friends.

Cheers,
    -Brian

ps: I know a "Vern" in Tucson, rides, works at Honeywell... Same Vern? Just curious...
    Nope different Vern. Feel free to stop in I will be in the white Exterra with a cooler full of beers.

gravity challenged
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bigworm520
    ...cooler full of beers.
    Done!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Flagstaff sunday ride

Last edited by downhilldan; 06-18-2010 at 12:03 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Hey guys. There is a trail day on Upper Oldham on Sunday and ANY support would be greatly appreciated. This is Flagstaff's only legitimate downhill trail and the more people the better. This is the best way to show the Forest Service that there is a large number of people interested in downhill in flag and will hopefully spur more support from the "man".

830am where the pavement ends on elden lookout road. and again, any help is greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Whats the story with the fire down there? They canceled the Flagstaff Barn Burner 104 race this weekend because of it. Was it just the race, or is there an actual USFS closure in effect?

slower than you
    Quote Originally Posted by Timo
    Whats the story with the fire down there? They canceled the Flagstaff Barn Burner 104 race this weekend because of it. Was it just the race, or is there an actual USFS closure in effect?
    the race is canceled. otherwise the kaibab and the coconino are both open.
    "May your trails be winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Ed Abbey
    http://rockychrysler.com/

likes bicycles
    hey guys.. just moved into the national park and would love to get involved in the ride on sunday. i've heard great stuff about the flag rides. i'm completely unfamiliar with the area, but i know how to ride a bike. is there an address i could type in to google to meet up for the shenanigans? also a time for meeting would be quite helpful

The .05 percent
    depending on what type of riding you prefer I would look for the Shultz Creek trail head, just off hwy 180. Probably your best bet for getting started. That is where the XC crowd usually lurks.

Members who have read this thread: 0