RHRF!

Flagstaff Trail Conditions...?

How's the rain been treating the Elden Trail system? Thinking about a ride up there tomorrow...
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Anaïs Nin)

No mames guey
    To quote another MTBR'er, the conditions are tackylisious. Rain on Wed/Thurs was good for a few days without dust.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Well there's the problem right there... rain, but not enough of it. Conditions are better than they were, but still pretty loose. There's been a little more rain out toward Ft. Valley and the Dry Lake Hills area, so we'll probably head that way this weekend.

No mames guey
    Some areas got more rain than others. On this morning's ride, the top of Moto was getting dry, but Onceler was pretty tacky. Shultz looked like the water truck had just passed through.

RHRF!
    Quote Originally Posted by tpvet73
    Some areas got more rain than others. On this morning's ride, the top of Moto was getting dry, but Onceler was pretty tacky. Shultz looked like the water truck had just passed through.
    Sounds excellent! I was really worried if there will be any mud to deal with as I wouldn't want to contribute to any trail damage.

Thanks!
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Anaïs Nin)

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    It's no good out there, nothing to see, move along. jk, It's gonna be sick!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    So the rain did not hit Elden the way it did at my casa, still really good out there and we had an amazing ride today. All human powered, Lower Wasabi, Upper Red Onion, Sunset to Upper Brookbank, Prom Night, up Lower Brookbank, Ken-I, up Shultz and Little Gnarly, and finished off with a Ginger. Big ride on a big bike, I'm whooped!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona
    So the rain did not hit Elden the way it did at my casa, still really good out there and we had an amazing ride today. All human powered, Lower Wasabi, Upper Red Onion, Sunset to Upper Brookbank, Prom Night, up Lower Brookbank, Ken-I, up Shultz and Little Gnarly, and finished off with a Ginger. Big ride on a big bike, I'm whooped!
    That is indeed a lot of up and down. I'd guess at least 4-5000' of elevation gain? Is Ken-I sort of the sister trail to Ginger that drops down off of Dry Lakes on the other side to Schultz? If so, I know of that as Mary Ann.

Rode Dogfood and Hotshot to Overlook this morning and it seemed like the higher ya got the drier it got. Definitely didn't rain much up there but enough so it wasn't dusty.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Mary Ann? Now I'm even more confused, every time I tell some one I rode that trail I use one of the now five different names I have been told and of course no matter which one I use I constantly get corrected. Bryce insists it's the real Jedi Trail, called that before the one that most recognize as Jedi. I always try to find out from those who have been around longer but I really can't get a concrete answer on this one. Either way it's one of the most difficult steep tech trails in Flag, a true classic if you like that sort of thing.

Members who have read this thread: 0