mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Flagstaff Super D next Sunday!!!

I'm really stoked for this race next Sunday! It would be great to have a large turnout of gravity riders and all mountain types there. Shultz and L. Oldham, not a dh but mostly down-hill and really fun. Lower Oldham has some great corners and rock gardens with lots of secret side lines and off camber moves. I think having a dh fr background can go a long way. I hope to see ya there. I'll bring some cold ones for pre race stokage.

bland
    I'm in, I bet the Yazzies will turn out too. I just got back from riding schultz and that trail is always fun no mater how much you love riding wasabi and private, Its just a good trail.

mtbr member
    OOOOOhhhhhhh might try and make this with some JRA boys . Stock that cooler. Any info on start time?
    SHITBIRD

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    OOOOOhhhhhhh might try and make this with some JRA boys . Stock that cooler. Any info on start time?
    http://www.mbaa.net/
    9AM sunday $20

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I guess I'm having a beer for breakfast and if it's not bad I might even have another for dessert.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    The Yazzies better bring their papers, I don't know if those boys are legal to race in the state of Arizona.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I'm in! Rode Shultz today...Lots of water crossings..and one shatty snowbank, but fast as hell. Oldham yesterday was awesome. I'm stoked. They making us climb out of oldham to buffalo park? Sweet either way...

Shred...it's the new drug
    Damn...wish I'd a known this sooner we wouldn't of scheduled our pinal trip this weekend. Will we see some more super D action with the MBAA?

mtbr member
    I second that, more super d would be cool. guess i need to start watching the mbaa site, prob would have done this had I seen it sooner.

The .05 percent
    I think that considering the terrain that there should be a 3 beer handicap imposed on any cat 1 XC racers, just to level the playing field... or just make things more interesting. Count me in.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sinatorj
    I think that considering the terrain that there should be a 3 beer handicap imposed on any cat 1 XC racers, just to level the playing field... or just make things more interesting. Count me in.
    or a weight equalizing, more slime in the tires of light bikes....Here's hoping my 35 pound dainty beast (HA! thats mos moms nickname) doesnt kill my legs..

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    35 pound beast? Oh crap I'm doomed, my bike weighs in at 43 lbs. and I only have a 32 up front! Oh well, should be fun anyways.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona
    35 pound beast? Oh crap I'm doomed, my bike weighs in at 43 lbs. and I only have a 32 up front! Oh well, should be fun anyways.
    I say 35 because I don't want the psychological effect of knowing my bike weighs more than 40 lbs. My DH bike weighs about 3 tons. Neither bike will be put on a scale by me. It would all be over...BTW Shultz was titties today! The snowy crap will likely be gone by friday especially if it rains and the streams are running lower each day. Oldham was so fast on sat. except for the damn climb. Is the route planned on going through buf. park or to it?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I think it stops just before the climb into Buff Park but not sure.

Members who have read this thread: 0