mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Flagstaff Snow level??

Hey, been hanging out in sedonna for five days, looking for hidden trails with lots of names. Planning to head up to Flagstaff tomorrow and was wondering if I needed to worry about snow? Also if anybody has any recomendatiions on fast-smooth-flowy trails. Would love any input for my one day in Flag. After the tight techy stuff here in Sedonna could use something where I can ease up on the brakes. Thanks.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I want to know too, im thinking Flag this weekend if the snow/mud is not bad.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

bland
    I rode lower wasabi, ginger, lower brookbank, rocky ridge, and schultz today. Wasabi had snow in the upper turns. Ginger has been dry for a few weeks as is pickle and ridge. Schultz had about 40 feet of snow before the lincoln logs. Sunset and upper brookbank had four feet drifts on them as of Monday. I'm assuming that the ft valley system is a go but I have not ridden them yet.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Thanks for the report. Appreciate the specific trails you rode. 40 feet of snow on Schultz? That will take some time to melt.

mtbr member
    The trails to the west of Schultz Pass Rd. are mostly a go. There's a little bit of snow at the top of Supermoto. Not sure about Overlook. A loop going up Moto or Dogfood to Secret and back on Onceler and drop down to Schultz or back down Dogfood would satisfy the OP's need for fast and flowy without dealing with mud or snow.

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by hyakbike
    Thanks for the report. Appreciate the specific trails you rode. 40 feet of snow on Schultz? That will take some time to melt.
    The snow is only about a foot deep but it covers 40' of trail. It will be gone in days.

mtbr member
    Ft Valley system is all dry as of Sunday.

Campbell Mesa has been dry for awhile

Elitest thrill junkie
    Wondering about upper Sunset (organ doner) to upper Wasabi, snow?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Wondering about upper Sunset (organ doner) to upper Wasabi, snow?
    I went up upper onion and started going up sunset on Monday and ran in to big drifts. I'm guessing that won't be ready for a week.

mtbr member
    Anyone heading up from the valley and want to share a ride?
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Thanks Rockman. Took your advice and went with your loop. Met our needs perfectly. Nice to get in some fast singletrack, after a week in Sedona. We did try to add on the ride by doing gnarly trail to upper brookbank. Upper does indeed have snow as reported. It was about 2 feet deep and went as far as we could see, so we turned around. Otherwise trails were in great shape. Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Doing our annual Moab ride this week and wanted to get a Flag ride in on our way up. Last year was too wet to do Schultz so we just did Lower Oldham and Rocky Ridge.

Planning on going up Schultz to Little Gnarly and then heading back down. How are those trails?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatmiser
    Doing our annual Moab ride this week and wanted to get a Flag ride in on our way up. Last year was too wet to do Schultz so we just did Lower Oldham and Rocky Ridge.

Planning on going up Schultz to Little Gnarly and then heading back down. How are those trails?
    Getting dusty. Git some on ya

Members who have read this thread: 0