mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Flagstaff to Sedona and back up to Flagstaff

I want to ride from Flagstaff down to Sedona and camp out in Sedona. Then ride back up to Flagstaff to my truck. Is this crazy or is it do able. I realize it will be up hill all the way back to flagstaff but I am not in a hurry so i would take my time. I just want to know if anyone has done this? Oh ya I will have a 25lb pack on my back HAHAHAHAHAHAH! I have rode 50 miles before with my pack. just not sure about riding back up to Flagstaff. If not I will; just ride around the mountians form snowbowl to Lockett meadow and camp. what ya think?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Just got all this biekpcking gear and want to try it all out. What is the best place to bikepack here in Az. I want to be in the forest tho not the desert thanks

mtbr member
    This is also known as the Casner Dirty Century ride: http://rockyroad5050.wordpress.com/2...dirty-century/

My other ride is your mom
    check out bikepacking.net

mtbr member
    1+ for bikepacking.net. if you have a GPS you can get lots of tracks on the routes page.

Lots of bikepacking options out of Flagstaff down to Sedona or stay up in the woods and go south past Morman Lake all the way to the Rim. There is also a good loop down by the Rim the Cabin Loop is only 30 miles and has several creeks. I am planning a 2 day coming up with 2 loops for about 50 miles.

Singin' I love hike a bike!!!

sprocket
    Quote Originally Posted by AZTtripper
    1+ for bikepacking.net. if you have a GPS you can get lots of tracks on the routes page.

Lots of bikepacking options out of Flagstaff down to Sedona or stay up in the woods and go south past Morman Lake all the way to the Rim. There is also a good loop down by the Rim the Cabin Loop is only 30 miles and has several creeks. I am planning a 2 day coming up with 2 loops for about 50 miles.

mmmmm....Cabin Loop time is coming........!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flagstaff to Sedona and back up to Flagstaff-ryanbracken.jpg  

Tucson, AZ
    Send me your email via PM for the Casner GPX file... I just found it.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BEATCOLLECTOR
    I want to ride from Flagstaff down to Sedona and camp out in Sedona. Then ride back up to Flagstaff to my truck. Is this crazy or is it do able. I realize it will be up hill all the way back to flagstaff but I am not in a hurry so i would take my time. I just want to know if anyone has done this? Oh ya I will have a 25lb pack on my back HAHAHAHAHAHAH! I have rode 50 miles before with my pack. just not sure about riding back up to Flagstaff. If not I will; just ride around the mountians form snowbowl to Lockett meadow and camp. what ya think?
    I've done it a few times but not in about 5 years,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,first trips were in 1987 with backpacks via Casner Canyon HAB heaven...........usually camped around Grass Hopper Point for the swimming and H20 availability. Yes it's do able and uber fun. Go For It

Ahhh the pain....
    Just did Sedona to Munds park 2 weeks ago...lots of mud just south of munds park (south of Mormon Lake road, just south west of Casner Park Tank) where the jeep road follows the usually dry creek.

Members who have read this thread: 0