mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Flagstaff- Schultz Creek trail question

Anyone know if Schultz Creek trail is clear? I attempted to ride it about 3 weeks ago and was met by a rushing river and several feet of snow pack about a mile up just past the fort valley trail system turn off. its one of my favorite trails and connects to just about everything. I was hoping to ride it this weekend when i pre ride the race course.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    To answer my own question, Schultz creek trail is 90% clear. Still a good amount of water in the creek making the trail crossings a little annoying due to soaking your bike each time and having the mud fling off into you just in time to do it all again. But the water is off the trail and is snow free until the last 1/4 mile which is on the shady side of the mountain. I also rode little gnarly which is about 85% snow free and definitely rideable with a few sections of walking over deep snow. All the trails on the south and east side of the mountain where 100% clear. After a long winter its exciting to finally be able to ride again. Mountain bike season has officially begun

Members who have read this thread: 0