Thread: Flagstaff Ride

mtbr member
    May 2010

Flagstaff Ride

Hello all,

I am going to be in Flagstaff in September of this year (coming over from Scotland). We are doing a big road trip from NY to LA and are spending two nights in Flagstaff. My friends are planning on going to see the Grand Canyon, but I thought I couldn't miss the chance to go riding as I have heard it is some of the best in America! I am looking for some advice on the best trails around Flagstaff - I really enjoy quick, fast downhill but am really looking for some trails which have the sort of terrain that I always associate with Arizona (dry, rocky freeriding). If anyone could give me some tips on where I am most likely to find this riding near Flagstaff, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Ruari

mtbr member
    Hey Ruari,
    Are you bringing bikes? How many in your group? How's your fitness? I often play host for escaping blokes from the UK like Zinger-UK and Tor-y-Fel, I can understand most Scottish! Good black Tea? yup, got it. I can even arrange some warm flat beer. When time gets closer, send a message. Cheers.
    There is a big difference between ripping and skidding.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Hey Chalkpaw,

Thanks for the reply! I was actually hoping to hire a bike - I've had a quick look and it saw a Specialized Demo 7 that caught my eye! It would just be me coming from my group as the others are visiting the Grand Canyon! Are the trails all quite accessible from central flagstaff? I'll take you up on the flat beer too!

Thanks again,

Ruari

Members who have read this thread: 0