Flagstaff Ride- Mtbr.com

Thread: Flagstaff Ride

I'm with stupid -------->
    May 2009

Flagstaff Ride

I'll be in Flag for a day this week and will get an opportunity to ride for 3-4 hours in the afternoon. I haven't rode in Flag for many years and even the trails I have taken I have forgotten all about, so I need some suggestions. I looked at Dale's map so I know the options but wanted to hear what others thought. I ride XC (but will ride anything I can handle without full face helmets etc) on a HT and am not afraid of climbing but the altitude change (live in Phx) does concern me a bit.

Thanks guys!

mtbr member
    I quote from Dale himself:

"Park at the Y interesection at the bottom of Schultz, up Schultz, up Sunset. down Upper Brookbank, around and down Jedi, back up Schultz, then cross over and up weatherford, left adn down Ricochet, up Secret and down Super Moto and back to car on Fort Valley trails. should be around 20 - 22 miles if I remember right. Have fun!"
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

The trail...shall set you free.

I'm with stupid -------->
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Patrick

"Park at the Y interesection at the bottom of Schultz, up Schultz, up Sunset. down Upper Brookbank, around and down Jedi, back up Schultz, then cross over and up weatherford, left adn down Ricochet, up Secret and down Super Moto and back to car on Fort Valley trails. should be around 20 - 22 miles if I remember right. Have fun!"
    Anybody have a GPX of this ride?

H.E.R
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpowers
    I'll be in Flag for a day this week and will get an opportunity to ride for 3-4 hours in the afternoon. I haven't rode in Flag for many years and even the trails I have taken I have forgotten all about, so I need some suggestions. I looked at Dale's map so I know the options but wanted to hear what others thought. I ride XC (but will ride anything I can handle without full face helmets etc) on a HT and am not afraid of climbing but the altitude change (live in Phx) does concern me a bit.

Thanks guys!
    I'd be down for a ride. I live here in Flagstaff. I usually start at the Y intersection as stated in a previous post. Form there I just ride. I've been in Flag for a few years now, I still don't know the names of the trails, I just ride them.

slower than you
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Patrick

all good. except for the fact that there is no trail named 'ricochet' anywhere in the greater flagstaff riding area. never has been.
    "May your trails be winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Ed Abbey
    http://rockychrysler.com/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockychrysler
    all good. except for the fact that there is no trail named 'ricochet' anywhere in the greater flagstaff riding area. never has been.
    Yes. Of course.

[cricket chirping]
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

The trail...shall set you free.

Members who have read this thread: 0