Young, Shawn Young

Flagstaff/Mt Elden trail hook up....

Can anyone suggest where to start and what trails to hook up for an afternoon of riding. Looking to put together a fun loop that will last one afternoon hitting the best of the best in that area ie-little bear. Driving in and driving out at the end of the day

Shawn
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

Saucy Size
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmon
    Can anyone suggest where to start and what trails to hook up for an afternoon of riding. Looking to put together a fun loop that will last one afternoon hitting the best of the best in that area ie-little bear. Driving in and driving out at the end of the day

Shawn
    Bottom of Schultz Creek. Up Creek to Little Gnarly. Up Little Gnarly to Upper Brookbank. Upper Brookbank to Sunset. Sunset to Little Bear. Little Bear to Lower Elden. Lower Elden to top of Schultz Creek. Schultz Creek back to your car. 4-5 hours of very nice Elden riding.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

Ouch, I am hot!
    I AM JUST A JERK

Jm.
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    Bottom of Schultz Creek. Up Creek to Little Gnarly. Up Little Gnarly to Upper Brookbank. Upper Brookbank to Sunset. Sunset to Little Bear. Little Bear to Lower Elden. Lower Elden to top of Schultz Creek. Schultz Creek back to your car. 4-5 hours of very nice Elden riding.

p.
    You forgot the climb up the hobbit forest and organ doner! This is a must-do on my rides that follow the similer route.

Anyway, there's a lot of ways to do the trails up there, and it just depends on your ability level and such.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

Young, Shawn Young
    Thanks Paul for the useful info. Also, thanks for the useful book info dirdir, that was a great help:P Im well aware that there are books out there, was just looking for a local perspective. If you ever come to Vegas and want some local knowledge I can hook you up with a great bookstore

I am Doctor Remulak
    You can't go wrong with the ride that Paul suggested. Make sure to hit Beaver Street Brewery at the end of the ride for some grub and beer. I hear that Bun Huggers is not the place to go after a ride.

p.

Saucy Size
    Thanks Paul for the useful info. Also, thanks for the useful book info dirdir, that was a great help:P Im well aware that there are books out there, was just looking for a local perspective. If you ever come to Vegas and want some local knowledge I can hook you up with a great bookstore
    Dood...that IS the local perspective. It's my book.

p.

Ouch, I am hot!
    Dood...that IS the local perspective. It's my book.

p.
    Allegedly.
    I AM JUST A JERK

Saucy Size
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    Allegedly.
    On which part? Because I've got 'em both covered -- my ghost writer lives in Minneapolis.

p.

Ouch, I am hot!
    On which part? Because I've got 'em both covered -- my ghost writer lives in Minneapolis.

p.
    Prince? Parts? I guess I should just shut my mouth and stop being an a$$.
    I AM JUST A JERK

Young, Shawn Young
    Well, back tonight from Pauls suggested trail hookup which was almost what I did a year or two ago. Had a great ride, temps were just right, and the scenery of course was awesome as usual. Looks like you guys could use a little rain to cut down on the dust which was pretty bad. I was coated with dirt by the end of the ride but grinning ear to ear As a side note bun huggers wasnt too bad after that ride. Of course I might have eaten cardboard at that point,

Shawn

6'4"-6'9" with the afro

no comment

As a side note bun huggers wasnt too bad after that ride. Of course I might have eaten cardboard at that point,

Shawn
    No comment on Bun Huggers from me. I almost got Internet-lynched for my comments on the subject in another thread. Glad you had a good time. I gotta get me up there sometime soon.

Just got back from Portland, OR. The wife is pushing to relocate there. So I got on mtbr OR discussion boards to check out the trails in town there. You'd think there would be a boatload, but I think we're pretty blessed here in PHX. Now if I can just lower the summertime temps here by about 20 degrees to get my wife to want to stay...

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch F. Fletch
    No comment on Bun Huggers from me. I almost got Internet-lynched for my comments on the subject in another thread. Glad you had a good time. I gotta get me up there sometime soon.

Just got back from Portland, OR. The wife is pushing to relocate there. So I got on mtbr OR discussion boards to check out the trails in town there. You'd think there would be a boatload, but I think we're pretty blessed here in PHX. Now if I can just lower the summertime temps here by about 20 degrees to get my wife to want to stay...
    If you're going to OR and have any flexibility, go to Bend, OR in the central part of the state. World-class rock climbing nearby, skiing, mountain climbing...and biking of all varieties.
    Ride more; post less...