mtbr member
    May 2005

Flagstaff in late August??

Hi,
    Im in Austin Texas and am thinking about camping/riding in the Flag and North Rim area during late August....Its cooler there because of the elevation, right? About 3 years ago I did Sedona during a heat wave and survived.....so Flag would be really nice that time of year? Any suggestions for 4-5 days of camping and riding?
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian
    Hi,
    Im in Austin Texas and am thinking about camping/riding in the Flag and North Rim area during late August....Its cooler there because of the elevation, right? About 3 years ago I did Sedona during a heat wave and survived.....so Flag would be really nice that time of year? Any suggestions for 4-5 days of camping and riding?
    Thanks!
    Last year me and a buddy camped out for a week off of Schultz Creek at Mt. Eldon in August. Aside from a little rain, it was perfect. Temps were in the 80's and the riding was awesome.

Jm.
    mtbr member
    Depends on how strong the monsoon is at that particular time. It's anybodys guess and affected by conditions that can change fairly suddenly. The volcanoes cause moisture to lift and condense, and generally provide a good "trigger" for thunderstorms. So there could be torrential downpours (mornings are usually ok even in monsoon season) but it could be bone dry too.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth