Flagstaff conditions?- Mtbr.com
    hands up who wants to die

Flagstaff conditions?

Howdy - I'm visiting Flagstaff this coming weekend for the first time to do a bit of riding. I'm coming equipped with Cosmic Ray's book.

Is there still snow at the higher elevations? Which popular trails aren't rideable?

I'm still not sure what trails I'll be checking out (suggestions, please), but I want to cross the slushy ones off the list ahead of time.

thanks much
    -rob in SF

Jm.
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rpet
    Howdy - I'm visiting Flagstaff this coming weekend for the first time to do a bit of riding. I'm coming equipped with Cosmic Ray's book.

Is there still snow at the higher elevations? Which popular trails aren't rideable?

I'm still not sure what trails I'll be checking out (suggestions, please), but I want to cross the slushy ones off the list ahead of time.

thanks much
    -rob in SF
    Probably a mud/ice fest. It was looking good untill we had a bunch of snow and rain, the mountains have snow on them again. It also has not been very hot up here the last week or so, it's been perfect in prescott (60s), and I can look up and see the snow on the mountains in flagstaff (again).
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

Portable curmudgeon

Brief window of opportunity?

I wonder just how much riding time there will be between the end of the too-muddy-to-ride conditions and the beginning of the potential fire-risk closure. Then again, the more (and later) it snows and rains this spring, the higher the fuel moisture will be this summer. This latest delay could be a blessing in disguise if it staves off a closure. Heck, precipitation is more or less always a blessing in droughty Arizona.