Thread: Flagstaff.

Kathleen in AZ

Flagstaff.

Blend together friends, dogs, trails, campfire, food, and drink and you have the makings for a most excellent holiday weekend in Flagstaff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flagstaff.-img_1896.jpg  

Flagstaff.-img_1971.jpg  

Flagstaff.-img_1975.jpg  

Flagstaff.-p1000552.jpg  

Flagstaff.-p1000561.jpg  

Flagstaff.-img_1979.jpg  

Flagstaff.-img_1987.jpg  

Flagstaff.-img_2002.jpg  

Flagstaff.-img_2010.jpg  

Flagstaff.-img_2015.jpg  

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Mix up friends, dogs, trails, campfire, food, and drink and you have the makings for a most excellent holiday weekend in Flagstaff.
    and don't forget to add campfire jumping....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flagstaff.-img_2023.jpg  

Flagstaff.-img_2048.jpg  

Flagstaff.-img_2055.jpg  

Flagstaff.-img_2086.jpg  

Flagstaff.-img_2082.jpg  

Flagstaff.-img_2126.jpg  

Flagstaff.-img_2135.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    and don't forget to add campfire jumping....
    Trick photography or a bunch of Evil Knievel's? ..... very impressive

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    That was an awesome weekend! Wasabi is my new favorite trail!!!

Thanks for the great pics Kathleen!!

mtbr member
    Knee-toe!

My other ride is your mom
    I love that pic of your pup and your rear wheel.....

"No Clue Crew"
    Awesome pics DG ! Looks like you guys had a great weekend. You have to have a great weekend with that many dogs running around !

mtbr member
    Great pictures, and your new little girl looks to be fitting right in. Donna and I where there for the "Terror in the Pines" JRT trial's, took our male Jack Russell to get his Go to Ground certificate. I took my bike and was able to sneak off for a quick run...great weather in Flag...thx for posting!
    Last edited by Ram-On; 06-02-2010 at 10:07 PM.

Ridin bikes is fun
    Can I go next time? Please.....

"Yabut"
    A couple more shots from the Fire Jumping. What a fun weekend!

Flagstaff.-100_4173_lores.jpg

Flagstaff.-100_4175_lores.jpg
    ~Aaron~
    "I like the night life. I like to boogie."

www.CosmicRaces.com

mtbr member
    damnit ! my friend and I went up to flag hoping to get in on some wasabi and stuff... being our first time out there we didn't know where we were going or where to find the shuttles...

We just finished a push up rocky ridge and mt elden road towards wassabi when we decided we should probably think about heading back towards our camp (near shultz pass) So we started to head up oldham and literally no further than 100 yds down the trail we saw a truck with 6-8 bikes head down elden behind us. First shuttle we had seen all day Just our luck we ended up biking / hiking up what looked to be a sweet DH trail in oldham ;( I think we ended up doing everything backwards lol

Too many Sedonuts...
    Ah, I miss Flagstaff in the summer. Looks like a good time was had by all. The ritual "fire jumping" goes back to the beginning of mountain biking, I remember doing that up at Winn campground back in 86-87 as a boy scout. Good to see the tradition carried on...
    When the world slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall.

mtbr member
    Good stuff K. Sorry our schedules were off by a day. Woulda been fun to hook up with you guys.

Where is that huge step up gap? That looks, uh, huge.

I can see I need to get back to Flag and stay a couple days with peeps in-the-know.

Wasabi is fan-freaking-tastic indeed.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I rode there on Saturday in "record heat", but damn it felt great and I got a nice ride in up schultz, up little gnarly, dry lake hills, down pickle, up mt elden road, down organ doner, down upper and lower wasabi, and then back on rocky ridge. Just absolutely great up there and the highline made mincemeat out of wasabi.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    I rode there on Saturday in "record heat", but damn it felt great and I got a nice ride in up schultz, up little gnarly, dry lake hills, down pickle, up mt elden road, down organ doner, down upper and lower wasabi, and then back on rocky ridge. Just absolutely great up there and the highline made mincemeat out of wasabi.
    It was warm out but not too bad with an early start. I rode Wasabi on Sat as well but seemed a bit loose and dusty to me. I've never seen so many bikers out. Seemed like hundreds. Coming down m. Oldham it looked like most of them were pushing their bikes up the road Climbing Elden Rd at high noon is hot, even at 8-9000 feet. Better to be in the trees.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman
    It was warm out but not too bad with an early start. I rode Wasabi on Sat as well but seemed a bit loose and dusty to me. I've never seen so many bikers out. Seemed like hundreds. Coming down m. Oldham it looked like most of them were pushing their bikes up the road Climbing Elden Rd at high noon is hot, even at 8-9000 feet. Better to be in the trees.
    Well, it was one of my best days ever in terms of being able to ride my heavy bike up those hills with ease, so I know it was warm, but it was dry and a lot cooler than Prescott. I expected everything to be dry and dusty, just kind of the name of the game during this part of the year. Luckily it was nowhere near as dusty/loose as Northstar in Tahoe, which seems to have a good foot of "powder" in between the rocks most of the time. Schultz was an absolute disaster on the way up in terms of mtb crowd and trail ediquette, but once I was past that I didn't see too many others. There was a big group riding out there (20-40 riders at least) on some of the Elden trails, I saw them a few times. No one seemed to be doing any shuttles or serious gravity riding (maybe save for a few individuals like you and I).
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Members who have read this thread: 0