Flagg this weekend. . .- Mtbr.com
    wretch

Flagg this weekend. . .

Heading up early Saturday morning, Bob is camping on friday night. Shultz Creek and all that shuttle stuff. . . I've never been so I don't know anything up there. Would also be down for a good long "everything" ride or recommendations for such a trail.

Saturday night there is a Michael Franti & Spearhead concert at the Pine Mountain Amphitheater with rides hopefully planned for Sunday morning as well so long as the partying doesn't inhibit too much.

Anyone gonna be up that way?

I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle
    dont wast your time on shults man hit up wasabi, private and soaring all day long
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash.- Julie Furtado

wretch
    Ill go where ever I'm pointed. . .

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Trash
    HWould also be down for a good long "everything" ride or recommendations for such a trail.
    Are you looking for a pedal route?

Park at the Y at the base of Schultz and Elden roads. Ride up Schultz to Little Gnarly. At the top of the rocky climb under the trees before you get to the open area called Dry Lakes turn left on trail towards Lower Brookbank. Before L Brookbank drops significantly, look for Pickle trail heading up the hill to the right (by tall dead tree trunk). Get a big tickle on Pickle then fly back on Rocky Ridge to starting point (there is some uphill too). Have some lunch at the cars, reload on water. Head back up Schultz all the way to the Sunset parking area, head across Schultz Road onto Weatherford trail but then take the next two lefts which will put you on the new Secret. Follow this and it turns into Newham eventually. After the log crossing where I videotaped dgangi's three attempts look for new trail to your right - this will take you to the top of Supermoto. Rip down Supermoto then to Lower Moto and eventually to the Fort Valley tails. Take any of several left-hand turns to lead you back to Schultz Road. Cross the road and then head right on Schultz trail and back to cars. It's a big ride of maybe 25 miles or more (or less... don't recall), but it hits a great dose of good stuff on Elden.

And don't forget to print and pack Dale's map!

wretch
    Cheers Durtgurl. . . The lady just did her first shuttle last weekend, but we need a good pedal as well. . .

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Trash
    Cheers Durtgurl. . . The lady just did her first shuttle last weekend, but we need a good pedal as well. . .
    Actually, the route I suggested is quite a monster. Perhaps just one half would be a good 2nd day pedal ride... both sides are fun!! Good to see your gal in armor and tackling the trails!

Shred...it's the new drug
    Gref, if you can't kill yourself on the trail its not a real trail right? I like cheatin' death as much as anyone, but when I'm guiding some newbs especially the ladies, I like to send them down something fun, not killer. I'm sure we're gonna get a few wasababi's in as well. If you were coming up you could talk, but you're not, so ha! It should be some good times if anyone else wants to get in on the shuttle action. Durtgurl, thanks for that massive pedal, but we gotta save some energy for all that skankin' we're gonna do at the spearhead concert. So truck, no camping? you'd better get up there early saturday!

Maui Grown
    I'd be down for a day trip on Saturday to do some shuttles. If we can get a group together, then I'd be down.

mtbr member
    I may be in for the day trip saturday.

FReak
    I'm in Flagstaff, where is wasabi trail?
    2010 Specialized Demo 8 II (Upgraded to II from I)
    2008 Specialized Enduro SL Expert

wretch
    I will have my truck and rack for sure, sounds like Bob is leaving the truck with his wife and kid unless she gets lucky enough for shuttle duty???

she said she'd drop us off for the first one of the day. we can then do the odd man/woman out for the rest of the mornin'. What time do we wanna meet at the bottom of shultz and eldon? 8ish? or for all you party people 9ish for the second run? wasababi is up on mount eldon someplace, maybe come shuttle with us and find out Flow it'll be good to ride with you again now that the bullit is back in commish. Poi, you're always welcome to lead the shred.

Flag saturday mornin' roll call! Who's in? What time does everyone wanna start shreddin'? I'm on a little time schedule do to the Micheal Franti show the starts around 4. So I'll be in until noon-1ish. That should be about 4 or 5 runs if we get a good start. And that's plenty for me

mtbr member
    I am down for a day trip on Sat when where and what time do we meet? pm me.

I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle
    Thats right bob lol...Better hit some milder trails with the ladies, Elden might be a bit mean for you... I mean them...JK..Have fun guys I wish I could be there..Got a game with the boy on Sat so thats that..Got to put him first ya know..but I think next weekend he has no game so maybe we can hit it up or maybe sixshooter..
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash.- Julie Furtado

wretch
    If it turns in to a ripping dh crowd I'll take the lady friend on a pedal. . . If I break my bike again. . . somethings goin' down.

Greff have fun at your sons game!

What, pedal? How else is she gonna learn to rip? We'll take it easy on the first few runs and then we can break up into different shuttles as I know some of the other shreds wanna hit private and wasabi. I'm more down with a mellow day and then maybe huck a couple runs down the spicy green paste. Gref, maybe next sunday @ six? I gotta work sat, so switch your schedule and we'll get a truck load up there. You're gonna love icehouse...

mtbr member
    DAmn I would be all over the day trip but my ASU is going to edge fest so it puts me on kid duty. Maybe I can sneak in the Candy Mt trip.
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

Members who have read this thread: 0