Flag to Sedona Route Info?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Flag to Sedona Route Info?

Going to ride Flag to Sedona with Chariot trailer (for Dog) in tow. I have cosmic rays route info. Found a post on a site saying the forest roads near Munds Park don't exist anymore and to man up and take the 1.5 miles of I-17 to Schnebly Hill Exit. Please give me any beta on the route that you may currently know current conditions of. Would prefer to avoid interstate. Sounds like CR's route info is outdated. thank ya
    One of these days I'm gonna pull myself together
    Soon as I finish tearin' myself apart

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Forest roads exist, but very easy to get lost. Very easy to wind up on the wrong side of I-17, or find yourself headed for Mormon Lake instead.

Take the freeway, there's a wide shoulder, and it's only 1.5 miles.

If you must, cross I-17 at Pinewood Blvd, make the first left, and then go roughly SW until it dead ends. There is some route-finding to do here, but it is possible. Head due South paralleling I-17 until you hit Schnebly. There isn't a road/trail the whole way, but just stay in sight of the freeway and keep heading south and you'll make it.

Shift less, Pedal more.
    I did the ride 3 years ago and it was nice. I would just jump on I-17 from Munds Park to Schnebly. All roads were marked well. The shoulder is very wide, and it's not that far. They're so many dirt roads once you get to the back of Munds Park that it wouldn't be too hard to get lost. Take a GPS if ya got it.
    I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not......Dolemite.

drink coffee, ride.
    Chad or Yuri may have GPS tracks for ya -
    http://chadfbrown.blogspot.com/2009/10/blog-post.html

Tucson, AZ
    Either send me a PM or check the GPX track here.

There are three routes.... AZT, Casner, or Old Munds. All routes are available on the aforementioned AES group.

Snow is in the cards for this weekend at 6100 ft. Better do it soon.

Chad

Tucson, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdss
    I did the ride 3 years ago and it was nice. I would just jump on I-17 from Munds Park to Schnebly. All roads were marked well. The shoulder is very wide, and it's not that far. They're so many dirt roads once you get to the back of Munds Park that it wouldn't be too hard to get lost. Take a GPS if ya got it.
    I-17? Nooooo. Take the pretty back roads on Old Munds. It should be verrrrrry pretty with fall colors now.

Members who have read this thread: 0