Flag to Grand Canyon- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2008

Flag to Grand Canyon

Does anyone want to try this out? Have any tips? Ive never done it, dont know anything about it, except that it sounds like an interesting way to spend the weekend. Drive from phoenix to flag on a friday night, leave flag early sat morn, stay at the canyon and ride back to flag sunday. I dont want to do it alone. I know someone wants to do it!

Just rode it today. I'll have more beta in a thread once I'm able to give my GPS data some attention.

It's pretty fun.

I think I need to Upgrade
    Quote Originally Posted by ionsmuse
    Just rode it today. I'll have more beta in a thread once I'm able to give my GPS data some attention.

It's pretty fun.

How long did it take you? Me and a couple of friends are thinking about doing this ride, I would like to see the details on it once you crunch your data.

Quote Originally Posted by AzSpeedfreek
    How long did it take you? Me and a couple of friends are thinking about doing this ride, I would like to see the details on it once you crunch your data.
    Will do. From my camp ~3 miles north on the Hart Prairie road to the El Tovar on the South Rim (via the Tusayan Bike way) was 86 miles. Took me a bit over 9 hours. I did ride 117 miles the previous day, so that likely slowed me down a bit.

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by ionsmuse
    Will do. From my camp ~3 miles north on the Hart Prairie road to the El Tovar on the South Rim (via the Tusayan Bike way) was 86 miles. Took me a bit over 9 hours. I did ride 117 miles the previous day, so that likely slowed me down a bit.
    Well aren't you the animal Dave. Hey man whats new? Did you pack a tent or what? I'll be doing the FatTire ride there in Aug. but I don't know if that's the same thing you did or not, there's probably 10 different ways to get to the GC from Flag.

Another topic, I want to do some riding in prescott, but I know nothing of the area. Would you like to guide me around some day? Do you work Mon-Fri? I'm off for the whole month of June and I wanted to get a ride in at Prescott. Let me know ok.

In the rear with the beer
    Quote Originally Posted by transientplanet
    Does anyone want to try this out? Have any tips? Ive never done it, dont know anything about it, except that it sounds like an interesting way to spend the weekend. Drive from phoenix to flag on a friday night, leave flag early sat morn, stay at the canyon and ride back to flag sunday. I dont want to do it alone. I know someone wants to do it!
    A friend and i are probably gonna do it on one of the days july 4th weekend. Was gonna read ionmuse's ride report to get a good sense of the route.
    Salvation Outdoor
    "Take it Outside...Again!!!"

Members who have read this thread: 0