First Post- Mtbr.com

Thread: First Post

Help From The Big Guy

First Post

My golf game sucks and its time to give it a good long (maybe permanent) rest. So, what'm I going to do with an abundance of free time?

I'm a long term road rider that owns a mtn bike but really haven't put much miles on it.

Since riding on the road is more of a challenge than I care to deal with - I'll be leaving the road bike in the garage and putting in time on my mtn bike.

The Arizona forum on this website is outstanding and full of info.

If I ask silly questions - please humor me.

Thanks

Keith

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thevalvesource
    My golf game sucks and its time to give it a good long (maybe permanent) rest. So, what'm I going to do with an abundance of free time?

I'm a long term road rider that owns a mtn bike but really haven't put much miles on it.

Since riding on the road is more of a challenge than I care to deal with - I'll be leaving the road bike in the garage and putting in time on my mtn bike.

The Arizona forum on this website is outstanding and full of info.

Thanks

Keith
    Valve:

Welcome aboard. Fasten your seat belt and enjoy the ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Valve: Good to see another roadie on the dark side and great to see another golfer off the fairway.

Be patient the hills will get easier (both up and down) and you will learn to ride loose rocks, large step ups, and drops.

They are not mandatory, but suspension and disk brakes will make the learning curve easier. Armor will make the learning curve safer.

Keep asking questions, if they are silly/stupid this group will: 1. laugh at you 2. Answer your question 3. Hijack your thread.

Help From The Big Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsarefun
    Valve: Good to see another roadie on the dark side and great to see another golfer off the fairway.

Be patient the hills will get easier (both up and down) and you will learn to ride loose rocks, large step ups, and drops.

They are not mandatory, but suspension and disk brakes will make the learning curve easier. Armor will make the learning curve safer.

Keep asking questions, if they are silly/stupid this group will: 1. laugh at you 2. Answer your question 3. Hijack your thread.
    Thanks 2Wheels-I've always been a hill guy so I'm hoping that stamina will count for something.

I'm actively looking for beginner/intermediate stuff do to out my way-I live out in the Goldfield/Gold Canyon area.

No disc brakes and suspension here (at least not yet!). I've got a classic 94 Bridgestone MB1 that just wouldn't look right with anything but cantilevers and that lugged fork.

I'm sure I'll be buying something else and I'm already doing some homework.

zul
    Will Guide for Beer
    Spring Fling is comming soon in mid-March! There are plenty of rides with varying from easy/ beginner to difficult/ball buster. A good chance to meet riders in and out of state.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...t=spring+fling

http://azsf2009.wordpress.com/

Hope to see you there!
    If lovin you is wrong, I don't wanna be right

Too many Sedonuts...
    Quote Originally Posted by thevalvesource
    Oh there's plenty of humor here.

Good answers might cost you though. I believe the local currency is the "Kiltlifter", in denominations of 1 or the more popular 6 pack.

And I'd hang on to that Bridgestone after you get a new ride. Or sell it to me.
    When the world slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall.

Members who have read this thread: 0