First Moab Trip- Mtbr.com

Thread: First Moab Trip

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

First Moab Trip

So, we are heading to Moab on October 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th. Staying at the Moab Valley RV Resort in one of their cabin things.

My question is;

Is there any cool spots to stop off on the way out there? We are leaving from Phoenix and going up though Flagstaff. Any roadside turns worth going and seeing?

Thanks. :-D

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by DKeeney
    So, we are heading to Moab on October 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th. Staying at the Moab Valley RV Resort in one of their cabin things.

My question is;

Is there any cool spots to stop off on the way out there? We are leaving from Phoenix and going up though Flagstaff. Any roadside turns worth going and seeing?

Not really. Drive the speed limit, enjoy the scenery, get gas when you see a gas station and to reaffirm, drive the speed limit.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DKeeney

My question is;

Define "cool". If you mean like one of a kind, then if at all possible, stop here for dinner (it's about 2 hours outside Moab). We stay here every year, and it's a riot.
    http://www.goodeatsusa.com/MexicanHat.html

Oh, and the Hole in the Wall is cool. Can't forget the Trading Post in Cameron, it's a must for any first-timer.

Also, you will go through Monument Valley, which is really cool, and you'll have the opportunity to do The Bridges National Park, which I did once and enjoyed.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

just 1 more
    Dinosaur tracks. You'll see the signs. And native Americans engaged in capitalism.

Morris Chee Jr. is cool.

mtbr member
    I'll second Monument Valley. I never get tired of seeing that place.

Members who have read this thread: 0