The First MMP Pump Track Video- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

The First MMP Pump Track Video

Are you ready to see some amazing speed and bike handling

(yeah.. I'm a speed demon! Ok... give me a break this is my second time ever riding a pump track. I'm sure once I get my confidence up I will be ready to rip. I just need more practice, that's all.)

I love bike!
    Looks like a broken record. Must be fun tho, otherwise I'd guess you'd only go around it like once or twice

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Dont worry bout speed. you look ultra smooth which is the key. speed will come

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dsittman
    Looks like a broken record. Must be fun tho, otherwise I'd guess you'd only go around it like once or twice
    Yeah... it's lots of fun. I spent 2 hours out there this morning. Rode about 3 miles on the pump track (according to my GPS... yes I'm a geek like that). I'm going to hit it on Friday morning too. After seeing how slow I'm going I need to up my game!

I love bike!
    Don't get out there much but I'm looking forward to checking it out. Looks like yours and the other builders work have put together something really cool.

Alive and Lurkin'
    To ride this pump track, does a person have to pay the $5 entry fee to MMP?
    Pumpin & Pimpin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibro
    Yes, you have to pay the fee, however it is actually a $6 fee or $75 annual fee - well worth it for the trails, showers, real bathrooms, pump track... and all the stuff out there!

mtbr member
    Yes, the park entry fee is $6. If you come out to work on the pump track or any of the other volunteer trail maintenance events you do not have to pay the entry fee. They also offer a $75 anual pass that is good for all of the County parks (except Lake Pleasant).

I love bike!
    Quote Originally Posted by tamen00
    Yes, you have to pay the fee, however it is actually a $6 fee or $75 annual fee - well worth it for the trails, showers, real bathrooms, pump track... and all the stuff out there!
    If you get the $75 annual pass it is good for all the Maricopa County Parks as well (MMP, Usery, San Tan, White Tank, and some others). I've gotten it for the last 3 years and I think it's well worth it. But I ride Pass Mtn and San Tan quite a bit so I get my money's worth.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamen00
    It's only $6 per car.

Alive and Lurkin'
    OK I don't get out to those areas very often...I guess it's pay by the play for this one.

Group trip to the pump track anyone?
    Pumpin & Pimpin

mtbr member
    Had another fun session today out at the pump track... Getting faster.. Next time I'm going to FF and Armor us and see how fast I can rip that corner. I think I have the technique down... just need some zip!

mtbr member
    I feel like I'm in the infield at Bristol!!

Go fast..turn left...go fast..turn left...

Shred...it's the new drug
    whoa...I'm dizzy from your blueness...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    whoa...I'm dizzy from your blueness...
    Ha Ha!! That bike sure is cute, eh? I need to get me an 80's style BMX uniform... Maybe I could get some of those pants and t-shirts they had in BMX Bandits but in a coordinating blue color combo.

Then you would really get dizzy!

mtbr member
    sweet I own BMX bandits. Bought it for $1 at Walgreens about 3 yrs ago. One of these nights I am going to go to bed early enough to wake up and go out there. I had planned on it this morning but MW2 kept me up again.

Anyone going to be out Sat morn?
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoyR6
    sweet I own BMX bandits. Bought it for $1 at Walgreens about 3 yrs ago. One of these nights I am going to go to bed early enough to wake up and go out there. I had planned on it this morning but MW2 kept me up again.

Anyone going to be out Sat morn?
    I watched it the other day on Flix (the movie channel that plays old movies). It's so cheesy... I want that crazy sound effect for my bike so when I get air or rip a turn it makes that sound.

I've got family plans all weekend. I'm going to be out there on Monday morning riding it again. I just can't get enough.... I want to master those berms so I can rip the track and be RAD too!

Alive and Lurkin'
    I'm going to be out there @ 6 tomorrow (Sat.) morning. I don't have a DJ (might be the next project bike) a FS trail bike should be Ok I think.
    Pumpin & Pimpin

Shred...it's the new drug
    I'm going to be out there @ 6 tomorrow (Sat.) morning. I don't have a DJ (might be the next project bike) a FS trail bike should be Ok I think.
    lock that sucker out and you should be just fine...it'll help you rail the trails if you can rump the pump!!!

mtbr member
    If you get a chance put some water (then dust it with some dry dirt like dough) and stomp down (with your feet) that second line over. We are trying to get that setup to start doing figure 8's. I'm going to bring a shovel and tamper on Monday to do some riding and working. Hopefully we can get that rocking and start taking some more interesting lines.

mtbr member
    I don't know if it's been mentioned, but if it's pretty dusty, it should probably get a light water to restore some tackiness too

mtbr member
    It should be lightly sprayed down before each use. Makes the track much tackier and reduces errosion. It is better to lightly spray it down in 2-3 light passes around the track and avoid any water puddles at the bottom of the rollers and berms. If there is loose dirt at the bottom of the berms a light spray on the berm followed by sweeping the loose dirt from bottom to top with a push broom helps rebuild and smooth out the berms. It only takes about 10-15 minutes to wet the track down and wait for it to soak in before it is ready ro ride if you don't leave any puddles.

I am working on getting some donations for a lock box and tools that could be kept on-site.

Quote Originally Posted by DankyCass
    I don't know if it's been mentioned, but if it's pretty dusty, it should probably get a light water to restore some tackiness too

Ducati Brandon
    Kind of like watching grass grow lol. Where again is this located? Looks fun

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatibrandon
    Kind of like watching grass grow lol. Where again is this located? Looks fun
    McDowell Mountain Park, north of Fountain Hills. The track is in the northeast corner of the competitive loop parking area. $6 per vehicle entrance fee for the park. http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/mcdowell/

There is a night ride on the competitive loops Saturday 7/10.

Members who have read this thread: 0