Finding the new....- Mtbr.com
    Tucson, AZ

Finding the new....

Here is to riding everything new and beautiful....

Getting out of your shell and really *exploring* something new to you. Take a trip. Ride some cow trail. Look at aerial shots for hours. Research. Follow a GPS. Don't do that race and drive to Safford and ask them about trails.

Don't just do circles on the same route you always has always done.

When you do, tell us about it.
    Last edited by azepicriderandrunner; 02-18-2013 at 03:40 PM.

My other ride is your mom
    Yes please.....

mtbr member
    word up.

parenting for gnarness
    did a ride on some social trails in the McDs foothills today with my 7 and 4 yo. The first ~1 mile is m'eh doubletrack, the 7 yo was bored and faking being tired. The 4 yo was on a trail-a-bike and spent 2 hrs singing. As the trail goes on its gets, by littleGirl standards, progressively more interesting - rockier, singletrack, tighter and rollier. It ends north of the Windgate valley, with some cool views of the mtns. Halfway into the ride, the 7 yo realized she was further on this trail than she'd ever been, and she got...not a 2nd wind...but the sort of inspiration Chad is talking about. The trail was more challenging, but she was riding harder and and fired up to clean it - instead of having to cajole her, she was (for her) pushing the pace. The return trip was about 4.5 miles and 500 feet down, she insisted on being in front and ripped the whole way home. 30 min and we didn't stop, which has never happened before. At lunch she ate: giant belgian waffle with strawberries and whipped cream, an egg and 2 slices of bacon, pickle, oj, and about a quarter of my samich. Had to be over 1000 calories, for barely weighing 70lbs. Hasnt stopped eating all day.

Soon enough she will hate me and not look up from her smart phone, and hopefully i won't be such a fat sack of crap that I'll still be able to go explore. I missed the Tortolita 50 putting on her birthday party. but at least i'm getting a stoke bump from her now.
    Last edited by chollaball; 02-18-2013 at 10:50 PM.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Sounds like a winning plan Chad.
    My Two Schillingsworth

Ultra Endurance Posters & More: Posters/T-shirts & Stuff

Ahhh the pain....
    Quote Originally Posted by azepicriderandrunner View Post

Here is to riding everything new and beautiful....

Getting out of your shell and really *exploring* something new to you. Take a trip. Ride some cow trail. Look at aerial shots for hours. Research. Follow a GPS. Don't do that race and drive to Safford and ask them about trails.

Don't just do circles on the same route you always has always done.

When you do, tell us about it.
    exactly...explore some stuff, write up a report, and post your gpx file so we can follow in your footsteps...or at least have an escape route that works!

Tucson, AZ
    The goods...words and info on the blog (in a few hours).

Happy Trails

Finding the new....

Here's a brand new trail ..... staked out with tape but not ready yet ....Finding the new....-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361336227.096751.jpg

Members who have read this thread: 0