Ever find a dead body biking around Tucson- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: borregokid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,585

    Ever find a dead body biking around Tucson

    I visit South Tucson from time to time and everytime I am down there the police report finding dead bodies in fields, alongside roads, etc. In the past month I believe one body was pulled out of a ravine at Camino De Oeste and Sweetwater, another body was found near Silverbell. Last year there was a body found off the Bopp road on the west side of the Tucson Mountains. Also in the past month Police found a five year old corpse buried, and another body in a dumpster off Campbell road. Except for the body in the dumpster I believe all died violent deaths. Oh yeah there was another body with its head removed in a vacant lot near the airport entombed in concrete. Tucson reported 18 murders in the first three months of the year, Who needs to go visit Old Tucson? Just ride your bike around South Tucson and you might find some real excitement.

  2. #2
    Occidental Tourist
    Reputation: YuriB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by borregokid
    Who needs to go visit Old Tucson? Just ride your bike around South Tucson and you might find some real excitement.
    I think you should avoid Tucson and AZ for that matter

  3. #3
    caninus xerophilous
    Reputation: SunDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,741

    Tucson is indeed an exciting place to ride!

    Quote Originally Posted by borregokid
    Just ride your bike around South Tucson and you might find some real excitement.
    The bodies belonged to rouge MTB'ers who were slain because they did not yield trail while descending.

    Know the rules or pay the price!

    Louis

  4. #4
    banned
    Reputation: Drewdane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,057
    No, but I did see one jogging around Phoenix - I think he was training for a part in Dawn of the Dead!

    Quote Originally Posted by borregokid
    I visit South Tucson from time to time and everytime I am down there the police report finding dead bodies in fields, alongside roads, etc. In the past month I believe one body was pulled out of a ravine at Camino De Oeste and Sweetwater, another body was found near Silverbell. Last year there was a body found off the Bopp road on the west side of the Tucson Mountains. Also in the past month Police found a five year old corpse buried, and another body in a dumpster off Campbell road. Except for the body in the dumpster I believe all died violent deaths. Oh yeah there was another body with its head removed in a vacant lot near the airport entombed in concrete. Tucson reported 18 murders in the first three months of the year, Who needs to go visit Old Tucson? Just ride your bike around South Tucson and you might find some real excitement.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jdub347's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by borregokid
    I visit South Tucson from time to time and everytime I am down there the police report finding dead bodies in fields, alongside roads, etc. In the past month I believe one body was pulled out of a ravine at Camino De Oeste and Sweetwater, another body was found near Silverbell. Last year there was a body found off the Bopp road on the west side of the Tucson Mountains. Also in the past month Police found a five year old corpse buried, and another body in a dumpster off Campbell road. Except for the body in the dumpster I believe all died violent deaths. Oh yeah there was another body with its head removed in a vacant lot near the airport entombed in concrete. Tucson reported 18 murders in the first three months of the year, Who needs to go visit Old Tucson? Just ride your bike around South Tucson and you might find some real excitement.
    Doesn't Tucson rule? All the more reason to bring your favorite pistola with you on a ride in the boonies.....just hope you don't run into any armed coyotes or narco-trafficers....

  6. #6
    Saucy Size
    Reputation: Paul B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,482
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDog
    The bodies belonged to rouge MTB'ers who were slain because they did not yield trail while descending.

    Know the rules or pay the price!

    Louis
    LMAO! I prefer to maim them. They become an object lesson for others who don't yield.

    p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

  7. #7
    pedaller
    Reputation: Noelg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,400

    plenty of dead bodies in Phoenix...

    all you have to do is ride along any canal and some"BODY" will be floating along in a Hefty bag or still inside their car...
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,211
    From my understanding, it's a very serious problem. In fact, didn't they have to close one of the landfills recently because it was filled with all these dead bodies? What a huge mess is caused because residents had to find dumpsters to throw away all the rest of the dead bodies. I believe the city leaders payed a trash disposal company in NY to ship them to some barge on the East River.

    The oddest thing I ever ran into in South Tucson was one of those lower rider cars that could bounce on it's wheels...oh yea, and Chris Penn crossing 4th Ave at 3 in the a.m. (oh, but that was in Tucson, not South Tucson).

  9. #9
    Ouch, I am hot!
    Reputation: Dirdir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,764

    Ah, Chris Penn

    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    From my understanding, it's a very serious problem. In fact, didn't they have to close one of the landfills recently because it was filled with all these dead bodies? What a huge mess is caused because residents had to find dumpsters to throw away all the rest of the dead bodies. I believe the city leaders payed a trash disposal company in NY to ship them to some barge on the East River.

    The oddest thing I ever ran into in South Tucson was one of those lower rider cars that could bounce on it's wheels...oh yea, and Chris Penn crossing 4th Ave at 3 in the a.m. (oh, but that was in Tucson, not South Tucson).
    Yes, Chris Penn. All the Right Moves, Reservoir Dogs, Mobsters. Brother to Sean. I know his movies well.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    454

    Bonking ... not feelin' well Dead Bodies

    Quote Originally Posted by borregokid
    I visit South Tucson from time to time and everytime I am down there the police report finding dead bodies in fields, alongside roads, etc. In the past month I believe one body was pulled out of a ravine at Camino De Oeste and Sweetwater, another body was found near Silverbell. Last year there was a body found off the Bopp road on the west side of the Tucson Mountains. Also in the past month Police found a five year old corpse buried, and another body in a dumpster off Campbell road. Except for the body in the dumpster I believe all died violent deaths. Oh yeah there was another body with its head removed in a vacant lot near the airport entombed in concrete. Tucson reported 18 murders in the first three months of the year, Who needs to go visit Old Tucson? Just ride your bike around South Tucson and you might find some real excitement.
    Your best bet for finding bodies out in the desert in the summer months is to ride anywhere down around the Border. Plenty of our neighbors from the south are just dying to get into the country.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    48
    I hear it is all those "freeriders." Those guys are crazy.

  12. #12
    Jm.
    Jm. is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jm.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,131
    Black Canyon City is the popular place to dump bodies in this county. My roomate's girlfriend is a sheriff's dispatcher, so we hear about all the great places to dump bodies.

    Little known (but not secret or anything) fact: They found 3 dead bodies in a truck on the road that we took to ride Crown King. Same day.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

  13. #13
    pedaller
    Reputation: Noelg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,400

    That's the same road...

    that they found those 2 dead teenagers in the bed of a pickup truck last year... I think they had been shot. I'll be steering clear of Crown King...
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

  14. #14
    pedaller
    Reputation: Noelg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,400

    Follow-up...

    Well, here you go - someBODY in a canal...

    Mesa Police investigate body in canal

    My favorite quote from the story:
    The man was reportedly tied to a block. It was not immediately known whether he accidentally drowned or was a victim of foul play.
    ?????

    Hel-LO!!! The dude was TIED TO A BLOCK!!! I thinking you can safely say it was some sort of FOUL PLAY!!!
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

  15. #15
    Saucy Size
    Reputation: Paul B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelg
    Well, here you go - someBODY in a canal...

    Mesa Police investigate body in canal

    My favorite quote from the story: ?????

    Hel-LO!!! The dude was TIED TO A BLOCK!!! I thinking you can safely say it was some sort of FOUL PLAY!!!
    Suicide may not count as "foul play," strictly speaking.

    p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

  16. #16
    pedaller
    Reputation: Noelg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    Suicide may not count as "foul play," strictly speaking.

    p.

    "strictly speaking" if he committed suicide, then he didn't "accidentally drown" either...
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

  17. #17
    pedaller
    Reputation: Noelg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,400

    see...? What did I tell ya???

    I've got a new motto for Crown King:

    "Crown King - It's the "East River" of Arizona"

    2 bodies found at campground near Crown King

    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

  18. #18
    Saucy Size
    Reputation: Paul B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelg
    I've got a new motto for Crown King:

    "Crown King - It's the "East River" of Arizona"

    2 bodies found at campground near Crown King

    Damn! I guess our annual group ride had better pack heavy this year.

    p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,211
    Having worked for the Prescott newpaper for a year--covering the crime beat--I can tell you that the Crown King area is full of undesirables. Lots of vagabounds, many of whom are hiding from something or some one.

Similar Threads

  1. Mountain biker road biking. My perspectives.
    By Gakster in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 12-02-2004, 09:44 AM
  2. has any one seen where to find dead fisher decals
    By tie in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 07:57 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.