Egg Beaters- Mtbr.com

Thread: Egg Beaters

mtbr member

Egg Beaters

Happy Holidays to all,

I have been experiencing foot pain on long rides for the last year. Turns out, with thanks to SMC, the problem has been old shoes and egg beater pedals. I really really like them but the time has come to make a change.

To the point, I have 4 sets of these things, 2 are 4Ti and 2 are standard, they are all fine, work perfect and will give years of trouble free service. I am offering these free to who ever would put them to good use and not resell them. I would 100000% prefer for someone who has honorably served the United States armed forces to get them but whatever.

Please PM

Steve
    Drinkin the S-Works Kool-aid

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    years of trouble free service to someone who doesn't ride rocky AZ terrain... my eggbeaters were beat to hell within a few rides after i moved here.

mtbr member
    That's a very generous offer none the less. I'm sure there are people here who will appreciate them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike View Post
    years of trouble free service to someone who doesn't ride rocky AZ terrain... my eggbeaters were beat to hell within a few rides after i moved here.
    Been using them more than ten years. trouble free other than having to replace cleats on occasion. Riding PMP, South Mountain, and the McDowells. That's about as rocky as it gets around here and I'm a large fairly aggro rider. No problems. Everybody has a fav and the guy's helping other people. Good for him.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I've been running EB's and Candy's for 9 years on trails all over the Southwest and further and they have been very reliable..............the few issues I had were dealt with quickly @ CB's warranty dept.

mtbr member
    Great deal for someone... I've been using candies and acids for years .
    How were you able to pin your problems on the pedals, and what are you switching to?

mtbr member
    I would like to try them out. Always liked the look and concept- just never got around to trying some out. If I didn't prefer them I would gladly return them or give them away in the same manner. BTW- USMC Operation Desert Storm!
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GR1822 View Post
    Great deal for someone... I've been using candies and acids for years .
    How were you able to pin your problems on the pedals, and what are you switching to?
    I did BCT HWY69 to Rock Springs two weeks ago, Felt really good but my left foot was killing me, just outside of the ball of my foot. I trust a guy completely that works at SMC. He told me It was most likely a combination of worn out, shoes and cleats. They insisted the egg beater in NOT recommended on long rides...OK. I've done lots of miles in two weeks with the Shimano XT pedal, they visibly offer more outside support. Pain gone, that's all I can say. Been about a year now fighting the pain.

The pain was always worse the more I stood up. Obviously a weight on pedal issue, I'm tall and lean so it's not a "Rock Crusher" thing either.

I will miss them, Clearance issues already but I'll figure that part out.

I have enough sets of these, I may be able to take care of everyone. These 4ti's are a sweet pedal. Not recommended for riders over 180 though.

Multiple Lines Rock
    time atac xs carbon

has adjustable release, perfect for me

mtbr member
    All sets are now committed.

Happy Thanksgiving to all,

Steve

[QUOTE=chipolopolo;8644712]They insisted the egg beater in NOT recommended on long rides...QUOTE]

That's pretty amusing. I've been doing endurance rides for a couple of years now on eggbeaters. No pain issues. Perhaps you need a shoe with a stiffer sole.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=dtownmtb;8646872]
    Quote Originally Posted by chipolopolo View Post
    They insisted the egg beater in NOT recommended on long rides...QUOTE]

That's pretty amusing. I've been doing endurance rides for a couple of years now on eggbeaters. No pain issues. Perhaps you need a shoe with a stiffer sole.
    Downtown,
    Perhaps, I don't consider myself an expert at such things. I trust a few in the know, THEY not I. In any case feet are good now. Not everyone can ride the same saddles either.

I simply ride the bikes. All I was trying to do was put them to good use and not throw them into the "drawer" never to be seen again.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I have had the same set of candy's on my jekyll for 6-8 yrs now and the only thing I have done to them is replace the cleats. I do occasionally hit them on a rock but its really rare honestly..... If your beating them on rocks, no wonder they are breaking but that is not a manf defect as much as a user err...
    and the lurker returns to the dark corner:nono:

Meatbomb
    What is BCT ?

mtbr member
    BCT.....is...well never mind. Didn't we do this like two years ago?