Early morning BCT ride Saturday- Mtbr.com
    Ahhh the pain....

Early morning BCT ride Saturday

Planning on doing an early morning BCT ride this Saturday starting from Bumble Bee trailhead and heading north to the current end of the trail (~12 miles one way). Planning on starting at 4:30AM and therefore with lights for the first 30 min. Steady, training type pace... let me know if you're interested...
    cheers,
    Ray

Trail Monger
    Is that uphill going north? The system seems level in most places. Just curious if the ride back is down stream. That sounds fun except in darkness....

Ahhh the pain....
    Here's the elevation profile...not bad at all. Only darkness will be first 30 min or so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Early morning BCT ride Saturday-profile.jpg  

Trail Monger
    Where does BCT go to now? I thought it was just past Sunset point. Work crews are planning to to dewey? Otherwise it looks like fun.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Ray, I have a group going out to Table Mesa Rd. Saturday night if you want to join. We will probably be starting at 7:00. The plan is to ride to the water crossing at Black Canyon and then back. Let me know if you don't have any takers for Saturday morning.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Ray, I might join ya. I live in Anthem and have only gone in about 8 miles or so and what to see the rest of this amazing singletrack..

Ahhh the pain....
    Ok...plan is to start at 5:00AM (to avoid having to gear up w lights). If you're planning on joining, PM me or post up...
    cheers,
    R

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Ray, I am in for sure. Meet at the trailhead at 5AM. . I drive a white Nissan Altima and have a Blue and 07 Black Fuji Outland Pro.

Ahhh the pain....
    Good ride today...left BB trailhead at about 5:20AM and headed north. Temp was 75F. Trail is a bit grown over in places and my shins look like I got in a fight with a cat. Rode to the end of the trail at the spring then turned around. Got back to the truck right at 8:00Am and the temp was 82F. Being that section of trail is a bit higher (2600ft to 3100ft), it's cooler than the southern section and was really enjoyable. What a great piece of trail !

Members who have read this thread: 0