Dove Mountain- Mtbr.com

Thread: Dove Mountain

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Super Easy Rides? Dove Mountain?

Hello,

I'm looking for a place to take a complete newbie on a hybrid bike and another rider who got injured and needs/wants to go easy and rebuild confidence. Fantasy Island is a little too technical/tough for them and fifty year trail is too rocky.

I'm looking for something like a long dirt road or easy single track, climbing is okay, and longer rides are fine too, just nothing too technical.

I looked at this:
    http://www.sdmb.org/Trails/DoveMtn.html is this trail still open? Anyone have clearer instructions on how to get there?

This one looks perfect:
    http://www.dirtworld.com/trails/trai...20Bike%20Trail
    Is it still open? Directions?

If anyone knows anywhere else, that would be nice.

Thanks much,

Reefs
    Last edited by reefs_of_space; 10-13-2006 at 04:41 PM. Reason: clear up title and content

mtbr member
    Maybe the look at the Arizona Trail in the Gardner Canyon area. There is some good fun ST and lots of dirt roads.

"Yabut"
    Dove Mountain is pretty easy, but only the day after it has rained. It's really sandy, and the rain packs it down. Lucky for you it's going to rain this weekend. Bellota would work, but it can be quite a drive, depending on what part of town you live in.

~Aaron~

Plus size jersey model
    I didn't think Dove Mountain was that good. It's way to sandy, only decent after some rain, but I still don't recommend it. There are some pretty flat riding trails out by Old Tucson that are perfect for newbies. They all go off west from Kinney rode. Its very flat.

Tdub
    What about the ride through Saguaro at the East end of Speedway? Never really done it, but Cosmic Ray's book makes it look like it should fit the bill.
    "What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?"-Vincent Van Gogh

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks for the info.

Reefs

Members who have read this thread: 0