Doodooboi- Mtbr.com

Thread: Doodooboi

mtbr member

Doodooboi

I see you lurking...

Its Friday, I'm bored and all this economy-talk is making my head hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    He's just waiting for Markskee to make his move, they he is gonna pounce...

Or he is sitting at home, holding his Jedi frame...
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    I see you lurking...

Its Friday, I'm bored and all this economy-talk is making my head hurt.
    He's just waiting for Markskee to make his move, they he is gonna pounce...

sixsixtysix

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Let's at least talk about Inter-Bike. Dropped the stumpy off at Rage last night with KennyB, man that creak is loud along the chainstay!
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    Let's at least talk about Inter-Bike. Dropped the stumpy off at Rage last night with KennyB, man that creak is loud along the chainstay!
    Lets talk about who has gotten absolutely 0 publicity at Interbike this year. I'll start.

Marzocchi

Gee, I wonder why....

Fly High!
    Lets talk about who has gotten absolutely 0 publicity at Interbike this year. I'll start.

Marzocchi

Gee, I wonder why....

NO NO. They are now making desposable shocks!!! Have you seen the CARBON FIBER AIR SHOCK??? just when I thought thier product couldnt get worse!!!!

sixsixtysix
    Here is the Chumba Markskee should have gotten.

mtbr member
    Hope its just the bushings.

Gotta start cranking up the pedal rides, Moab is only 39 days away!!
    FOTP is 63 days away.

>classified< is only a month away.

mtbr member
    Lets all place bets that Crazy J will end up on the news or thrown in jail again, he is attending Edge Fest tomorrow! I say on the news....FTW.

Going to be interesting. hopefully he does'nt show up knocking on my door at 3 in the morning drunk.

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by markskee
    Lets all place bets that Crazy J will end up on the news or thrown in jail again, he is attending Edge Fest tomorrow! I say on the news....FTW.

Going to be interesting. hopefully he does'nt show up knocking on my door at 3 in the morning drunk.

Lets see if he can blow dirty into his lock unit for a 3rd time. That'll get him a year in prison. He's at 2 already in 4 months, I put the third within 60 days from today.

Anyone want to start a pool?

mtbr member
    Here is the Chumba Markskee should have gotten.

Yup Chumba has some sick stuff slated for the new year....that bike is sick saw it in person super light and really agile! A real XC beast watch out Turner and Yetti those bikes will be making their way to the valley hear in AZ really soon!

mtbr member
    I hope it's just YOUR bushings!

mtbr member
    I hope it's just YOUR bushings!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My other ride is your mom
    anyone know the frame weight on that Chumba? I seem to remember seeing it at 6.3lbs...but something tells me I'm too high (weight wise...not state of mind)......edit here....it was the Chumba XCL which is 6.2lbs....this aint the XCL, so still want to know the weight.

mtbr member
    Lets see if he can blow dirty into his lock unit for a 3rd time. That'll get him a year in prison. He's at 2 already in 4 months, I put the third within 60 days from today.

Anyone want to start a pool?
    Here's a CRAZY idea...

Let's talk about bikes!

mtbr member
    5.8lbs with the shock.
    You can't huck that

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    anyone know the frame weight on that Chumba? I seem to remember seeing it at 6.3lbs...but something tells me I'm too high (weight wise...not state of mind)......edit here....it was the Chumba XCL which is 6.2lbs....this aint the XCL, so still want to know the weight.
    5.8lbs with the shock.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Hope its just the bushings.

Gotta start cranking up the pedal rides, Moab is only 39 days away!!
    FOTP is 63 days away.

>classified< is only a month away.
    Yep, that's the reason I'm getting this taken care of now since I am just taking that bike to Moab.

I think the morning after is what is getting Crazy J. Don't realize how much liquor stays in your system the next day.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    Yes frame with shock is under 6 lbs. and is just as laterally stiff as the XCL. If you are interested "Core Bikes" should have most of the line up mid October contact Ryan.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=4853316

mtbr member
    Yep, that's the reason I'm getting this taken care of now since I am just taking that bike to Moab.
    No big bike this time?

mtbr member
    5.8lbs with the shock.
    Thanks Sixty!

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    I really like the GT force and Sanction. Both 6 inches of travel, Sanction more beefy build.

Eric, what is classified?

sixsixtysix
    I think the morning after is what is getting Crazy J. Don't realize how much liquor stays in your system the next day.
    He said his last one he blew a .18, so I really hope that wasn't the morning after...
    He just needs to get his sh!t straight.

He asked about Moab last night. He is in Cali the weekend we are going...

mtbr member
    I really like the GT force and Sanction. Both 6 inches of travel, Sanction more beefy build.

Eric, what is classified?
    We talked about it on the last shuttle day.

Which Sanction? 1.0 or 2.0?

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Yes frame with shock is under 6 lbs. and is just as laterally stiff as the XCL. If you are interested "Core Bikes" should have most of the line up mid October contact Ryan.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=4853316

Travel is 5" though right. That is a pure XC race bike. They should make that same frame with 6". and yes I know they have the EVO.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    We talked about it on the last shuttle day.

Oh yeah, the Tallahassee Dump Truck face off.

Which Sanction? 1.0 or 2.0?
    1.0 is sick once you remove the junky dhx air on it.

mtbr member
    Travel is 5" though right. That is a pure XC race bike. They should make that same frame with 6". and yes I know they have the EVO.
    There is no point.
    As you said, its a pure XC race bike - its a climbing machine, not built for descending. If you give it 6" of travel, people will think they can beat the heck out of it on the descents.

Its not an "All Mountain" bike, that is what the EVO is for.

Dude, you are not going to find a bike that weighs as much and climbs as well as your Stumpy that can also handle true DH trails - doesn't really exist, unless you spend a grip of money on light parts. Even then, a bike burly enough is still going to be heavier and it just won't climb as well.

mtbr member
    1.0 is sick once you remove the junky dhx air on it.
    Why would you need a coil on that bike?

The only reason I don't like the DHX Air on the Bullit has to do with the suspension design's effect on that specific shock. Otherwise, its been freakin' bombproof.

******ed or Branded??
    That new Chumba is just a copy-cat to the 575. Garrruuunnntteeedddd it will be compared to the 575. yeti the bench mark of long travel xc bikes!!!!

classified........hmmmmmmmmmm probably won't make it to that one unless I can get a decent fork by then!!!!

Kavu how did you know I was home dreaming of building my Jedi??? I am about to leave to hustle for some green backs to support the habbit!

Markskee since you only ride down mormon now days you should trade in that F5 for that new chumba bike. What ever that bike can handle is all you do anyways!!!!

Hey AzDog that creek is cause you bike is broken and it's time to buy a new bike cough, 575, cough............

So what are the consensces about this weekend riding?

mtbr member
    There is no point.
    As you said, its a pure XC race bike - its a climbing machine, not built for descending. If you give it 6" of travel, people will think they can beat the heck out of it on the descents.

Its not an "All Mountain" bike, that is what the EVO is for.

Dude, you are not going to find a bike that weighs as much and climbs as well as your Stumpy that can also handle true DH trails - doesn't really exist, unless you spend a grip of money on light parts. Even then, a bike burly enough is still going to be heavier and it just won't climb as well.
    Well said Kav But I will say that if you are willing to wait and have patience then..

******ed or Branded??

I begg to differ my friend!!! The 575 is the best platform of a bike that can climb and bomb down some gnar i.e. wasabi, geronimo, 24th st, hairball, national!!!! you know I have proven that to you in real life!!!! And I aint no light weight rider by any means!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    That new Chumba is just a copy-cat to the 575. Garrruuunnntteeedddd it will be compared to the 575. yeti the bench mark of long travel xc bikes!!!!

classified........hmmmmmmmmmm probably won't make it to that one unless I can get a decent fork by then!!!!

Kavu how did you know I was home dreaming of building my Jedi??? I am about to leave to hustle for some green backs to support the habbit!

Markskee since you only ride down mormon now days you should trade in that F5 for that new chumba bike. What ever that bike can handle is all you do anyways!!!!

Hey AzDog that creek is cause you bike is broken and it's time to buy a new bike cough, 575, cough............

The wife must be in the shower or something so he threw up a quick post that he will check again tonight when she is sleeping.

Nope VF2 not anything like the 575 but hey if helps you to chuck yours to AZ Dog then oh yea listen to dooodoo he knows everything 575 is the way to go he may even be able to put you on his Brudas only finance plan with 0% down just say the secret password.."pineapple pizza"

mtbr member

So what are the consensces about this weekend riding?
    Just a wild guess That's what I'd be doing...

Picking one bike to do it all is nearly impossible without compromising on something. Either you pick a light bike to climb or a burly bike to descend. Sure, there are some bikes that can do both well, but neither will climb as well as if they are dedicated rigs.

Ask Sixty, I bugged the heck out of him trying to pick a rig like that. They don't really exist.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    The wife must be in the shower or something so he threw up a quick post that he will check again tonight when she is sleeping.

Nope VF2 not anything like the 575 but hey if helps you to chuck yours to AZ Dog then oh yea listen to dooodoo he knows everything 575 is the way to go he may even be able to put you on his Brudas only finance plan with 0% down just say the secret password.."pineapple pizza"
    That was me in the shower.

575 on the radar.

mtbr member
    I begg to differ my friend!!! The 575 is the best platform of a bike that can climb and bomb down some gnar i.e. wasabi, geronimo, 24th st, hairball, national!!!! you know I have proven that to you in real life!!!! And I aint no light weight rider by any means!!!
    I also seem to remember you saying "I'm probably not going to shuttle much on South anymore until I build up the Jedi 'cause I don't want to break the 575".

trail "cleaner"
    Jan 2004

now you're talkin'

You boys saw me and my crew flying down National the other day. The 575 will handle all SoMo has to give and then some. Doo Doo has it right.

mtbr member
    575 on the radar.
    I think the 575 would be perfect for you.

But keep the Stinky. There is no point trying to sell it.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Why would you need a coil on that bike?

The only reason I don't like the DHX Air on the Bullit has to do with the suspension design's effect on that specific shock. Otherwise, its been freakin' bombproof.
    Just the model not because its an air. It's like a 3.0 air or something.

mtbr member
    Oh, ok.
    I was thinking you were going on another "I hate air shocks" rant

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    I think the 575 would be perfect for you.

But keep the Stinky. There is no point trying to sell it.
    Yeah the only thing I would try on the stinky would be sticking a totem coil on it for sh**'s and giggles.

mtbr member
    Yeah the only thing I would try on the stinky would be sticking a totem coil on it for sh**'s and giggles.
    That would rock!

sixsixtysix
    DHX Air just lacks midstroke support, so it SUCKS on single pivot bikes where the suspension curve ramps up in the middle, exactly like the Bullit which is by far the simplest single pivot there is.

New DHX Air for 09 is basically a RP23 with a piggyback and the RP23 is a kick a$$ shock.

AZDog, I might be able to hook you up on a Soul 5" Vegas when they hit production next month.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    He said his last one he blew a .18, so I really hope that wasn't the morning after...
    He just needs to get his sh!t straight.

He asked about Moab last night. He is in Cali the weekend we are going...
    I didn't mention anything to him about it. I think Marskee is the whistle blower and must spend a day with the guy we saw on South.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    DHX Air just lacks midstroke support, so it SUCKS on single pivot bikes where the suspension curve ramps up in the middle, exactly like the Bullit which is by far the simplest single pivot there is.

New DHX Air for 09 is basically a RP23 with a piggyback and the RP23 is a kick a$$ shock.

AZDog, I might be able to hook you up on a Soul 5" Vegas when they hit production next month.
    PM sent.

mtbr member
    I didn't mention anything to him about it. I think Marskee is the whistle blower and must spend a day with the guy we saw on South.
    Dude why did you post up that personal pic of your hero?

Ok I am done talk to ya tomorrow during shuts!

mtbr member
    Ok I am done talk to ya tomorrow during shuts!
    Photo proof of this should be posted in this thread.

******ed or Branded??
    I also seem to remember you saying "I'm probably not going to shuttle much on South anymore until I build up the Jedi 'cause I don't want to break the 575".

I did say that but in reference to longevity of the bike in question. The 575 can pretty much handle anything you throw at it but pretty much anything out there the real question is longevity. The 575 could descend some gnar but not when it is used as a dh bike. hence the reason why it's not a dedicated bike. It's designed to handle a little of everything out there. Not even some dedicated dh bikes out there could last that long or designed to las for a long time if ridden alot!!!

Just defending my opinion of why I have to back off on DH'ing a trail/all mountain bike! Hence the reason for my statment of getting mu DH bike up and running so that I can truly have a dedicated DH ride!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0