mtbr member

Does anyone know a good roofer in phx?

I just got a quote from a company wanting just under 10k to put a shingle roof on a 1600 sq ft house. This seemed ... excessive to me.

Does anyone have any contacts or advice on how to get a quality roof put on my house for a reasonable price?

I'm sure all the shingles need to be replaced and there is probably some water damaged plywood that will need to be replaced as well (thanks to saturday's rain).

Thanks for your help.

Meatbomb
    I just had mine replaced and these guys did an awesome job.. Good price, started and finished when they said they would. 2200 SF house with a 600 sf patio roof about 7700.00.

I got quotes from others in the 12-14 K range.

Crown Roofing
    480-661-4711

I've done a LOT of work to my house and would not recommend any of my contractors other than this roofer.. Zero frustration level dealing with him. Good people that pride them self on doing the job right the first time.

banned
    DIY, one shingle at a time. It is back breaking work, but that is what children are for.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cesslinger
    DIY, one shingle at a time. It is back breaking work, but that is what children are for.
    I guess I'd better start with the children. How old does a kid have to be to swing a hammer? And, do you think my roof would last long enough to get to that point?

Phillbo: Calling them this afternoon. They sound like exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the tip.

mtbr member
    PM Sent.

Never Heard of Crown, but There are A Number of Mom and Pop Roofers Coming Out of the Woodwork Lately. Be Careful to Make Sure They are Bonded and Insured, and Ask for Proof.

(I am a Roofer)
    Making Milk by Day, Beer by Night

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Hi Line Roofing 602-757-0217 the best!!

Meatbomb
    Crown is a family owned business that has handed down from Dad to Son. Licensed and Bonded.

Flint, be sure to give Pynis a shot at a quote as well...

Bikes, Beer, and Sex
    I know a guy who can do roofing, but he's in patigonia

mtbr member
    I really appreciate the feedback on this.

It seems like finding a good contractor is hard to do. It really helps to be able to get some good feedback from people you can trust to point you in the right direction.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Don't forget your insurance company

If the roof was damaged due to wind or storm, your insurance policy may cover some or all of the replacement cost. State Farm is covering most of the cost of my new roof.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alterk
    If the roof was damaged due to wind or storm, your insurance policy may cover some or all of the replacement cost. State Farm is covering most of the cost of my new roof.
    Well now, it was the last storm that blew off a bunch of shingles. That's a very good idea. Thanks for pointing that out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Great Roofer

I had to get a new roof, had 8 bids and they were all crazy expensive except for Express Roofing. They did a complete tear off and put on a 30 year shingle for what about 5k, next closest for a similar job was 7k.

Members who have read this thread: 0