Dodging hippies in Sedona- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. Dodging hippies in Sedona

Greetings!!!

Heading to Sedona tomorrow for some hippie dodging and have a few questions for the locals.

A little about us... we will be camping in a teardrop (FR 237?) and traveling with our dog. Last year at this time we visited Sedona (air BnB) and rode Chuck wagon, mescal, etc.

So far my research on this site has revealed a lot of good info from you guys, like potential camping sites, places to eat and trails. I have also learned that it does not rain scorpions, can be prone to shit storms (according to one) , and you may run over a chanting hippie. Last year we did not encounter any of these.

Questions:
    1: Since we will be camping out of town in an undeveloped area, have any public showers opened up? Cave Creek CG is closed, right? May have to stay a night at an RV park, recommendations?

2: Any recent theft or vandalism in any of the dispersed camping areas?

3: Our pup is a hiker, not a mountain biker... so will have to board her while we ride. Last year she stayed at Applewood in Cottonwood, which was fine since we stayed out there... But if we are camping off FR 237, we would like to keep her in Sedona... Do you guys have a favorite, or advice on which to avoid?

Thanks for all the great info on the board and any you can offer us!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dodging hippies in Sedona-liberty5-small.jpg  

Last edited by DharmaDawg; 12-14-2017 at 02:17 PM.

mtbr member
    I like to amuse myself by scaring every hippie I see strutting down the street wearing their obnoxious hippie attire, too stoned to know what is going on and basking in their own horrid stench. I swerve my car as if to hit them, then swerve back just barely missing them.

One day I was driving along and saw a priest. I figured I was overdue for a good deed, so I pulled over and asked the priest Where are you going, Father?Im going to give Mass at St. Francis church, about two miles down the road here, replied the priest. Hop in and I'll give you a ride Father I chimed and the priest climbed into my car.

On we continue, when all of the sudden I see an especially dirty smelly hippie walking down the road. I couldnt help myself, so I swerved as if to hit the hippie getting within inches of his nastiness before swerving back.

While I knew I had missed the hippie, I still heard a loud THUD. I looked everywhere and couldnt see what I had hit in time (we were moving pretty fast). Then I realized, there was a priest in my car, so I started to apologize emphatically: Im so sorry Father, I cant believe I almost hit that hippie! to which he replied:
    Dont worry my son, I got that smelly f**ker with the door! :hehe:

Rent this space for $
    I just LOL'd.

That's a major feat today.

mtbr member
    That was funny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mtbr member
    Lol!
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Meatbomb
    An oldie but a goodie....

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    You can drive down to Cottonwood and hit the rec center for a shower and some pool time. The food is better there too if you're planning on eating out.

There are also quite a few camping spots just outside of Sedona towards cottonwood, FR525 is common.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by asmolow View Post
    You can drive down to Cottonwood and hit the rec center for a shower and some pool time. The food is better there too if you're planning on eating out.

There are also quite a few camping spots just outside of Sedona towards cottonwood, FR525 is common.
    I recommend Cottonwood too for RV sites, shower, and food....

The BBQ place in Cottonwood is really good.. Hog wild I think is the name

mtbr member
    Welcome. Nights have been cold as you have probably found out by now, itís frozen every night for the past week or two down in the Cottonwood/Cornville area.
    "Without the ability to make moral distinctions based on motive, consequences, the ethical constructs of various parties, everything is equal, and you end up with people like Woody Allen: a tiny speck of compacted narcissism, revolving around the dead sun in an empty universe." - James Lileks

mtbr member
    Thanks for all the great tips!!! Looking forward to testing the teardrop in cold weather and if it proves to much we will run for lower elevations. Looking forward to hitting the trails!

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    I think you'd be more likely to get assraped picking up the priest.

mtbr member
    A rabbi, a priest and a minister walk into a bar. The bartender looks up and says, "What is this, a joke?"

Meatbomb
    A horse bellies up to the bar and the bartender ask " Hey, why the long face?"

mtbr member
    Sarah Jessica Parker bellies up to the bar and the bartender ask " Hey, why the long face?"