Do any of you ride the canals to get to the T100?- Mtbr.com
    Fragile - must be Italian

Do any of you ride the canals to get to the T100?

On occasion I ride my road bike (yes, I am a member of the dark side too) on the canal system from about 32nd St/Camelback west to the Avenues somewhere (maybe 43rd?) and then back to the bridge at 16th and Glendale. This "canal stretch" is at the end of my 70 mile training loop so I'm pretty tired and dazed by the time I get there. Regardless, I see a number of people chugging along the canal on a mountain bike and I assume that they are headed to or from the Trail 100 from the West Valley.

Do any of you guys ride the canals to/from the T100? If so, what kind of bike do you ride and what do you look like?

Typically I smack the slow MTB'ers in the head because they are in my way, but If I know who you are I'll waive to you instead.

Thx...Doug

Occidental Tourist
    Quote Originally Posted by dgangi

Typically I smack the slow MTB'ers in the head because they are in my way, but If I know who you are I'll waive to you instead.

Thx...Doug
    No smacking or you get a pump in the spokes. I frequently ride the canals to and fro T100. I usually ride the canals from 15th ave to the 7th ave Trail head and then ride the trails to Squaw Peak Park and then the canals back to 15th ave. I started riding it to make an actual loop and get in some "roadieish" training on my way back home. Blue Kona Explosif

Skinny legged XC geek

Now and then to make a loop

such as the time I met Crash Test Dummy, riding from 36th St west to 7th Avenue, up to the park, where we rendezvoused, then headed east on T100. I drop off on 8A to make the loop back south to home.

Occidental Tourist

speak of the devil

Quote Originally Posted by pedalAZ
    such as the time I met Crash Test Dummy, riding from 36th St west to 7th Avenue, up to the park, where we rendezvoused, then headed east on T100. I drop off on 8A to make the loop back south to home.
    Do you drop into squaw peak park? I've been using 304 (or is it 340) and it is great fun. Are you back on the bike? We should ride again

Skinny legged XC geek

Sort of back on

Quote Originally Posted by crash test dummy
    Do you drop into squaw peak park? I've been using 304 (or is it 340) and it is great fun. Are you back on the bike? We should ride again
    I will be riding in Sedona on Friday morning with an out of town buddy. Then, whatever blows my way. I am out of shape now!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dgangi
    Do any of you guys ride the canals to/from the T100?
    I ride the canal from 24th St. past Glendale, side streets to Myrtle, under the 51 and onto trail 1A. I ride a black Turner.

Occidental Tourist
    Quote Originally Posted by pedalAZ
    . I am out of shape now!
    Translation - prime condition for me to boost my ego (or have it completely shattered). I'm hoping to do a coast to coast on so mo on sunday (got kid duty on sat.) and the WOR next week but we'll have to hook-up at some point so you can show me the trails I missed when I bailed on ya last time