Desert Classic Jackwagons- Mtbr.com
    Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006

Desert Classic Jackwagons

Out for a morning ride this morning bla bla yadda yaddda yadda.
    Bla bla bla. And then bla bla bla, yadda yadda yadda

This jerk bla bla bla. Yadda yadda yadda.

Despite that it was a great morning for a ride.

Bobo

mtbr member
    Hey, some people only visit "their" trail a few times a year when the weather is perfect, cut them some slack. They are just as confused about why there are so many other people on "their" trail when they decide to use it.

mtbr member
    I had a great ride out the helipad, and only crossed paths with one utter person.

I love the sun coming up mid ride.

It's a slugfest!
    Deleted post. I was high on Tangelos.

-SS
    Last edited by Silver_Slug; 03-30-2011 at 09:36 AM.
    "I've got nothing to hoard...."

Shifted
    Feb 2009
    the other day I was zoomin down from the East Side water tank and this person, on a bike, who had a ton of room to move over to his right, decided to just stay his course and I had to basically jump through a bush. There was plenty of time for this person to make a decision to move over a little and take a little bit rockier area on a nearly flat trail with a slight incline.

If you are on here dude - I suggest keeping your head up more often around certain areas as I will just kindly assume you were just not looking and have not been properly educated on sharing the trail, especially with faster, oncoming riders. I'm not saying I allways have the right away if I'm going faster than you, but I really hope you didn't purposely try to force me into a bush. I yield most of the time and this was a case where I definitly thought someone should have yielded space to me.. .
    back at it
    2014 Trek Stache 7.

Dave
    Berny2435 Uphill rider has right of way.
    I need to ride more and work less.

Shifted
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by liteandfast
    Berny2435 Uphill rider has right of way.
    well, normally I would say you are correct but when the ground is fairly flat and there is 5 feet of safe area to your right and 1 to your left, it's called share the trail within the normal rule of thumb "I'll stay to my right side and you stay to your right side".. . simple, easy, safe. The slower rider can make corrections and stop faster too. With the terrain around Arizona, the faster downhill rider has a TON more risk of sustained injury using avoidance menuevers than the slower rider. The dude acted like he wanted to play chicken basically. He had plenty of time to make a move. I stayed right, he didn't move and I went through a bush basically. I didn't charge at him but closely watched if he'd make a move.

Regardless of who is right or wrong, at least a little give would have been "non confrontational" to say the least. I will allways yeild to the faster oncoming rider if it appears to be a possible dangerous situation for them if I don't move. Maybe I'm just being nice to all these guys coming my way??? I don't think so, I'm being smart and sensible. I'm no tough guy and avoid fights, but there are a few people in this world that this sort of jesture would have really lite their fire!! Especially if they had wrecked or damaged their bike. I'm glad I didn't wreck to say the least. I view this stuff kinda like this "Don't flip somone off in your car, road rage is real, you never know who your dealing with" This is common sense people. Be safe and we'll all get along.. .
    back at it
    2014 Trek Stache 7.

mtbr member
    Pretty sure he was a Brit....in the car he does alright because he is sitting on the left and not the right but while out on a bike there is no right or left side of the bike you know and well it all gets very confusing keep right...keep left what to do, what to do....and it doesn't help when you are out of your mind from pushing such a HUGE gear. I am sure he was thinking go left....go left.... why is this guy not going left I cant keep anymore right than this.....well .....man I can't believe that guy just rolled over that poor defenseless little bush, thing has probably been there for 25 years and instead of going left he went right over it........CRAZY Americans!!

10 min later....wait....crazy American.... we are in America......that's right stay right always stay right.......next time I am going to vacation in Australia!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by berny2435
    well, normally I would say you are correct but when the ground is fairly flat and there is 5 feet of safe area to your right and 1 to your left, it's called share the trail within the normal rule of thumb "I'll stay to my right side and you stay to your right side".. . simple, easy, safe. The slower rider can make corrections and stop faster too. With the terrain around Arizona, the faster downhill rider has a TON more risk of sustained injury using avoidance menuevers than the slower rider. The dude acted like he wanted to play chicken basically. He had plenty of time to make a move. I stayed right, he didn't move and I went through a bush basically. I didn't charge at him but closely watched if he'd make a move.

Regardless of who is right or wrong, at least a little give would have been "non confrontational" to say the least. I will allways yeild to the faster oncoming rider if it appears to be a possible dangerous situation for them if I don't move. Maybe I'm just being nice to all these guys coming my way??? I don't think so, I'm being smart and sensible. I'm no tough guy and avoid fights, but there are a few people in this world that this sort of jesture would have really lite their fire!! Especially if they had wrecked or damaged their bike. I'm glad I didn't wreck to say the least. I view this stuff kinda like this "Don't flip somone off in your car, road rage is real, you never know who your dealing with" This is common sense people. Be safe and we'll all get along.. .
    This was on Desert Classic? Enough said.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Shifted
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkrw3
    Pretty sure he was a Brit....in the car he does alright because he is sitting on the left and not the right but while out on a bike there is no right or left side of the bike you know and well it all gets very confusing keep right...keep left what to do, what to do....and it doesn't help when you are out of your mind from pushing such a HUGE gear. I am sure he was thinking go left....go left.... why is this guy not going left I cant keep anymore right than this.....well .....man I can't believe that guy just rolled over that poor defenseless little bush, thing has probably been there for 25 years and instead of going left he went right over it........CRAZY Americans!!

10 min later....wait....crazy American.... we are in America......that's right stay right always stay right.......next time I am going to vacation in Australia!!!
    haha! yeah, must of been a Brit. What was I thinking staying right.. . He was wearing Red and blue. I guess I just didn't see the flag.. . It must of been all that steem he was pushin out of that engine climbing up that huge 3 degree incline! Then again, I guess if he was on a SS hard tail, I guess I'm totally in the wrong b/c I shouldn't make those people leave the ever so clearly defined XC trail.. . Maybe those type of bikers should wear a sign on their helmets saying RIGID RIDER. Then maybe I'll make sure I avoid them at all costs in my HUGE 4" travel 29r

disclosure: no animals were hurt in this case and even though I made a joke, I have nothing againts SS hard tail riders. I use to own one
    back at it
    2014 Trek Stache 7.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    You used to own a SS hard tail rider? Slavery, perhaps?

wawe member

Sounds like he gave you 5 feet of trail to pass and you didn't have the control and/or good sense to use it.

Shifted
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart
    Sounds like he gave you 5 feet of trail to pass and you didn't have the control and/or good sense to use it.
    I'm assuming that is a joke, but if it's not, I find that intriguing that you have enough common sense to swerve in front of oncoming traffic. Go try that on a typical residential road or gravel road and let us know how that goes . We'll agree to disagree. Thanks for your opinion. Be safe out there buddy
    back at it
    2014 Trek Stache 7.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Solution: Don't ride DC!

wawe member
    I'm assuming that is a joke, but if it's not, I find that intriguing that you have enough common sense to swerve in front of oncoming traffic. Go try that on a typical residential road or gravel road and let us know how that goes . We'll agree to disagree. Thanks for your opinion. Be safe out there buddy
    Just like the rider you encountered I don't "swerve in front of oncoming traffic", which seems to be what you wanted him to do.

You are confusing the standard rules of the road with standard trail etiquette, the two are not the same. (Crazy, right? Next thing someone is going to tell me that boats have a different set of right of way rules than cars and that there are different rules for inland vs. open water )

On the trails, the downhill (or faster) rider has the duty to avoid the uphill (or slower) rider. If that's not to your liking get a time machine, go back about 30 years and try to change things. Then let me know how you did it, I'd really like to go back and get a "last one in the water gets the next wave" rule for the surf lineup. Thanks.

Shifted
    Feb 2009
    Just like the rider you encountered I don't "swerve in front of oncoming traffic", which seems to be what you wanted him to do.

You are confusing the standard rules of the road with standard trail etiquette, the two are not the same. (Crazy, right? Next thing someone is going to tell me that boats have a different set of right of way rules than cars and that there are different rules for inland vs. open water )

On the trails, the downhill (or faster) rider has the duty to avoid the uphill (or slower) rider. If that's not to your liking get a time machine, go back about 30 years and try to change things. Then let me know how you did it, I'd really like to go back and get a "last one in the water gets the next wave" rule for the surf lineup. Thanks.
    Did I ever say he needed to swerve in front of me? did I not mention he had 5 feet of area to negotiate with?

If you honestly think that the "unwritten rule" you speak of is not situational and does not involve using common sense, then please do us all a favor and show us a biker etiquette manual that is not someone's internet post or webpage or book by some none published author. Show me something you can buy at the store. I'd really like to know that I am 100% incorrect so I can make sure I avoid riders like you at all times.

If someone is coming at me and I have room to move over, I'm moving over. Just like I would on a urban street or dirt road that has no lane lines. I'm not going to be a punk and stay my course so the other rider has to GUESS what route I'm going to take to avoid collision. If I show intension to or action to move right, he knows he can move to his right and help decrease the risk of getting tangled up. He clearly wanted to play chicken and force me to move. Where I'm from, they don't teach you trail riding in school or when you show up to the local trail. They do however teach you how to drive a car in school and ummm well yeah, you get the picture I hope. Have fun swerving left infront of hikers and bikers that have very little or no trail riding experience. Have you ever noticed that paved bike trails have lanes sometimes? What do you think those are for? Playing chicken I suppose

To re-cap, HE HAD 5 FEET of area to his right. If you want, I can probably take pictures of the area the next time I'm out there

Have a nice day!
    back at it
    2014 Trek Stache 7.

mtbr member
    I guess we should all:

A) Not ride on DC because only bad stuff happens there and all the cool kids ride other trails.

B) When going downhill and you see another rider coming up, stop, get off your bike and get off the trail, because you Have to Yield!

C) Spend more time typing than riding.

I on the other hand will just keep riding (even the DC), staying to the right and yielding to everyone I can, retain as low of a post count as possible and never be as cool as some of the Fonzie's on here.
    a real Dirkbag!

wawe member
    Did I ever say he needed to swerve in front of me? did I not mention he had 5 feet of area to negotiate with?

If you honestly think that the "unwritten rule" you speak of is not situational and does not involve using common sense, then please do us all a favor and show us a biker etiquette manual that is not someone's internet post or webpage or book by some none published author. Show me something you can buy at the store. I'd really like to know that I am 100% incorrect so I can make sure I avoid riders like you at all times.

If someone is coming at me and I have room to move over, I'm moving over. Just like I would on a urban street or dirt road that has no lane lines. I'm not going to be a punk and stay my course so the other rider has to GUESS what route I'm going to take to avoid collision. If I show intension to or action to move right, he knows he can move to his right and help decrease the risk of getting tangled up. He clearly wanted to play chicken and force me to move. Where I'm from, they don't teach you trail riding in school or when you show up to the local trail. They do however teach you how to drive a car in school and ummm well yeah, you get the picture I hope. Have fun swerving left infront of hikers and bikers that have very little or no trail riding experience. Have you ever noticed that paved bike trails have lanes sometimes? What do you think those are for? Playing chicken I suppose

To re-cap, HE HAD 5 FEET of area to his right. If you want, I can probably take pictures of the area the next time I'm out there

Have a nice day!
    Conversely, YOU had 5 feet of area to negotiate. YOU were the one going fast so it was YOUR duty take the available open line and/or slow down. When I'm the one going fast downhill, I"LL take the rougher line thank you.

I also am from an area that didn't teach me mtb rules in school, come to think of it, that area is right here. They also didn't teach me the rules of skiing, snowboarding, boating or surfing, but you know what? When I started doing those things I observed what more experienced people were doing, listened to what they told me and followed along. I didn't whine about not being able to apply my driver's ed knowledge to situations that were not driving. I didn't b!tch about the slower, downhill skiers not sticking to the right side of the slope. I didn't challenge other surfers to show me a sign posted on the beach explaining the rules of a lineup or whine about boating rules not applying to surfing. (Hey, I know that guy was on the wave while I was paddling out, but he was 17deg. off the starboard side of my board so I HAD RIGHT OF WAY!) You get what I'm saying?

You can go out and take those pictures and come back with 27 8x10 color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what happened but it won't change a thing. You rode down from the eastern tank (assuming you were heading east) got some speed, had a choice of heading straight or going left up the little bypass trail, you went straight, saw an oncoming rider, had the time to determine he was sticking to the smoother line but that there was a slightly rougher line to your left. You chose to not take that option and instead veered right off the trail and over a bush that everyone else has managed to avoid for 30+ years. Then you projected all kinds of evil thoughts that the other rider must have had, trying to "play chicken" with you because you mistakenly believed that the rules you learned from your high school drivers ed teacher about operating an automobile on the road applied to trail riding. Then you came on here to whine about it. Did I miss anything that your photos will clear up?

My other ride is your mom
    why don't you all go ride a road bike, 3 abreast and start a thread.......

mtbr member
    Ok Bart, but in all your Guthrie-esk rambling you still haven't given a reasonable explanation as to why the other rider couldn't just pay attention and move over (to his right). Regardless of surfing rules or whatever other tangents you spread out there, it is a normal and accepted practice in this country to stay to the right as you encounter oncoming traffic. Just because he doesn't have to doesn't mean he shouldn't.
    a real Dirkbag!

Shifted
    Feb 2009
    Conversely, YOU had 5 feet of area to negotiate. YOU were the one going fast so it was YOUR duty take the available open line and/or slow down. When I'm the one going fast downhill, I"LL take the rougher line thank you.

I also am from an area that didn't teach me mtb rules in school, come to think of it, that area is right here. They also didn't teach me the rules of skiing, snowboarding, boating or surfing, but you know what? When I started doing those things I observed what more experienced people were doing, listened to what they told me and followed along. I didn't whine about not being able to apply my driver's ed knowledge to situations that were not driving. I didn't b!tch about the slower, downhill skiers not sticking to the right side of the slope. I didn't challenge other surfers to show me a sign posted on the beach explaining the rules of a lineup or whine about boating rules not applying to surfing. (Hey, I know that guy was on the wave while I was paddling out, but he was 17deg. off the starboard side of my board so I HAD RIGHT OF WAY!) You get what I'm saying?

You can go out and take those pictures and come back with 27 8x10 color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what happened but it won't change a thing. You rode down from the eastern tank (assuming you were heading east) got some speed, had a choice of heading straight or going left up the little bypass trail, you went straight, saw an oncoming rider, had the time to determine he was sticking to the smoother line but that there was a slightly rougher line to your left. You chose to not take that option and instead veered right off the trail and over a bush that everyone else has managed to avoid for 30+ years. Then you projected all kinds of evil thoughts that the other rider must have had, trying to "play chicken" with you because you mistakenly believed that the rules you learned from your high school drivers ed teacher about operating an automobile on the road applied to trail riding. Then you came on here to whine about it. Did I miss anything that your photos will clear up?
    That's YOUR view. Isn't the internet wonderfull! You can post your narrow minded view of an unwritten rule much as you want! I'll still take the side of common sense being that all but this one rider I have encountered on Arizona trails have given simple and unconfrontational actions to keep to their right or move to the safest location in any circumstance I've encountered.

Thanks for your input on non-related sports. I now know why Keano Reeves was assaulted by the locals in Point Break! Even after this conversation is over, I will still continue to yeild most of the time in any situation and observe the other rider's actions, essess risk and take my chances staying to the right 99% of the time when both parties decide to pass eachother at speed.

Good day Sir!
    back at it
    2014 Trek Stache 7.

wawe member
    Quote Originally Posted by DonRastafari
    Ok Bart, but in all your Guthrie-esk rambling you still haven't given a reasonable explanation as to why the other rider couldn't just pay attention and move over (to his right). Regardless of surfing rules or whatever other tangents you spread out there, it is a normal and accepted practice in this country to stay to the right as you encounter oncoming traffic. Just because he doesn't have to doesn't mean he shouldn't.
    Because staying to the right works on wide, smooth roads but not narrow, dirt and rock trails. If the rider you should be yielding to gives you 5 feet of trail to pass, be thankful, don't get pissed off and consider "charging at him". My "tangents" were to point out that there are different rules for different activities, motor vehicle rules apply to mtbing off road as much as FAA regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by *IMBA's written guidlines:

3. Control Your Bicycle!
    Inattention for even a second can cause problems. Obey all bicycle speed regulations and recommendations.

4. Always Yield Trail.
    Let your fellow trail users know you're coming. A friendly greeting or bell is considerate and works well; don't startle others. Show your respect when passing by slowing to a walking pace or even stopping. Anticipate other trail users around corners or in blind spots. Yielding means slow down, establish communication, be prepared to stop if necessary and pass safely.
    The other rider gave Berny plenty of room to pass safely, the fact that Berny ran over an immobile bush shows he was neither in control of his bicycle or prepared to safely yield. Nothing mentioning always sticking to the right that I can find.

Thanks for getting the Arlo reference.

* http://mountainbike.about.com/od/tip...IMBA_Rules.htm

Shifted
    Feb 2009
    lol! Nice internet reference!

Nothing in there says the slower rider has the right-away. You fail at proving whatever you are trying to prove. You could have at least said that you've read the rule yourself in this book
    http://www.imba.com/catalog/book-man...ountain-biking

I love your assumptions! I did slow a little as I didn't try to gain speed once I noticed him coming. I was in complete control as I was able to effectively stay mounted on my bike as I took the rougher terrain and jumped through a bush! where's my cookie? The reason I didn't slow further was b/c I knew I could make it work. It's just a shame that he chose to be a diock and aided in the ruffling of a few branches on a bush. I'll go back and patch it up soon.
    back at it
    2014 Trek Stache 7.

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by u2metoo
    I had a great ride out the helipad, and only crossed paths with one utter person.

I love the sun coming up mid ride.
    Absolutely!

No new blood
    A lot of riders, before they start zoomin' down from the water tank, will take a gander at the trail to the east to see if there is any oncoming traffic and wait for riders (or hikers) approaching the tank to get up to the top before they take off down. Zoom-zoom is more fun when you don't two way traffic.
    "I've upped my standards. Now, up yours." - P. Paulsen

wawe member
    lol! Nice internet reference!

Nothing in there says the slower rider has the right-away. You fail at proving whatever you are trying to prove. You could have at least said that you've read the rule yourself in this book
    http://www.imba.com/catalog/book-man...ountain-biking

I love your assumptions! I did slow a little as I didn't try to gain speed once I noticed him coming. I was in complete control as I was able to effectively stay mounted on my bike as I took the rougher terrain and jumped through a bush! where's my cookie? The reason I didn't slow further was b/c I knew I could make it work. It's just a shame that he chose to be a diock and aided in the ruffling of a few branches on a bush. I'll go back and patch it up soon.
    Berny, Berny, Berny,

Downhill yields to uphill, that's the rule. http://www.imba.com/about/rules-trail
    Per your description, you were "zooming down", he was on an "incline". He yielded 5 feet of trail to you to pass safely, you inexplicably rode off the trail and though a bush.

I haven't read the book you linked to, so why would I say I read it in there? Please cite what source informed you that there is a "stay to the right" rule for mtbing on off road trails that supersedes the accepted IMBA guidelines.

In my 25 or so years of mountain biking, in a dozen or so states (and a district), I can't think of a single time I've felt the need to rant about an uphill or slower rider, so maybe I know what I'm talking about. (100% issue free from east coast to west coast vs. your claimed 99% just in AZ)

p.s. - no cookies for trail wideners.

p.p.s. - Don, 1. Yield does not mean "stop". 2. Prior to this post I had 6 posts this year vs. your 12. Man in the mirror my friend, man in the mirror...

wawe member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZBob
    A lot of riders, before they start zoomin' down from the water tank, will take a gander at the trail to the east to see if there is any oncoming traffic and wait for riders (or hikers) approaching the tank to get up to the top before they take off down. Zoom-zoom is more fun when you don't two way traffic.
    Well, now you're trying to bring common sense into this. WTF dude?

Shifted
    Feb 2009
    Berny, Berny, Berny,

Downhill yields to uphill, that's the rule. http://www.imba.com/about/rules-trail

In my 25 or so years of mountain biking, in a dozen or so states (and a district), I can't think of a single time I've felt the need to rant about an uphill or slower rider, so maybe I know what I'm talking about. (100% issue free from east coast to west coast vs. your claimed 99% just in AZ) ..
    okay okay you got me. It's the internet posted rule! This well known rule has been heard by yet another biker who has never heard of the imba. regardless, I'll still take to the right instead of being as ass-hat and staying in the middle of the trail while a faster on-coming rider proceeds to come my way on his right.. . my opinion, go ahead and rant on why I am so wrong
    back at it
    2014 Trek Stache 7.

wawe member
    okay okay you got me. It's the internet posted rule! This well known rule has been heard by yet another biker who has never heard of the imba. regardless, I'll still take to the right instead of being as ass-hat and staying in the middle of the trail while a faster on-coming rider proceeds to come my way on his right.. . my opinion, go ahead and rant on why I am so wrong
    It's available in printed pamphlet form if that makes it more real for you: http://www.imba.com/catalog/subaru-v...rail-brochures

BTW, you posted a link to a book available from, wait for it, IMBA's own website. Me thinks you may have heard of them, but if not, it was founded by riders who have been at it longer than you or I. It's been run by pioneers like Mike Kelley, Gary Klein and Paul Turner. They have tens of thousands of paying members, hundreds of local affiliate clubs and the support of world class racers from Ned Overend and Lance Armstrong to Missy Giove and Travis Brown. They're supported by a "who's who" list of mtb companies and insiders, including the guys behind that Kona you're riding. They're the folks working with the system (BLM, NPS, USFS, the POTUS, etc.) to keep our existing trails open and build new trails for mtbs. So, now you know(and knowing is half the battle).

Now go ahead, change your story and tell me that the guy who gave you 5 feet to pass was now in the middle of the trail, tell me that your rule is that the faster rider has right of way, tell me you'll continue to ride like an arsehat because after all, this is YOUR world, and we're just living in it. Or, be a big boy and realize that the ass-hat in the situation you described was you.

Name:  The_More_You_Know.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  26.6 KB

Shifted
    Feb 2009
    It's available in printed pamphlet form if that makes it more real for you: http://www.imba.com/catalog/subaru-v...rail-brochures

BTW, you posted a link to a book available from, wait for it, IMBA's own website. Me thinks you may have heard of them, but if not, it was founded by riders who have been at it longer than you or I. It's been run by pioneers like Mike Kelley, Gary Klein and Paul Turner. They have tens of thousands of paying members, hundreds of local affiliate clubs and the support of world class racers from Ned Overend and Lance Armstrong to Missy Giove and Travis Brown. They're supported by a "who's who" list of mtb companies and insiders, including the guys behind that Kona you're riding. They're the folks working with the system (BLM, NPS, USFS, the POTUS, etc.) to keep our existing trails open and build new trails for mtbs. So, now you know(and knowing is half the battle).

Now go ahead, change your story and tell me that the guy who gave you 5 feet to pass was now in the middle of the trail, tell me that your rule is that the faster rider has right of way, tell me you'll continue to ride like an arsehat because after all, this is YOUR world, and we're just living in it. Or, be a big boy and realize that the ass-hat in the situation you described was you.

Name:  The_More_You_Know.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  26.6 KB

Ha, I thought you went away. Back for more I see! This is fun! Sounds like you were the rider that I encountered since you keep trying to one up me here. Nice to meet you Sir!

Lets just say the situation could have went a little more smoothly with help from both sides. Fair enough? Or am I still completely wrong and should go to jail and not pass go and not collect $200 b/c I broke a rule that less than 1% of people in this world know? Better yet, probably 1% of people who own bikes know.

do the math, maybe 100,000 members to IMBA's club and how many americans in the US? How many bikes are sold a month? How many people learn the laws of motor vehicles and have a drivers license vs any permit for a bicycle?

Do the math, the odds are that you're better off staying to your right and sharing the trail to avoid a possible misshap with someone that doesn't know this rule. Go ahead and ignore that I'm even somewhat correct or making any kind of sense. All you keep saying is that there is this rule. Broken record dude. Your case wouldn't hold water if this were a legal battle. The rule is a guideline at most. Kind of like passing someone in the left lane on a 5 lane highway, you really don't have to.. . If I was passing the dude downhill, yeah, I'd take any route which was given to safely pass left or right or since I'm not in a race, I'd more than likely just slow down and wait for the dude to signify that he knows I'm there and is showing that he is ready for me to pass to whichever side he is or is not giving me room on. C, I'm not such a bad guy! I'll help make this journey safe for you and I!
    back at it
    2014 Trek Stache 7.

No new blood
    Well, now you're trying to bring common sense into this. WTF dude?
    Without pictures, I couldn't tell if this thread was trending towards classic or a serious discussion on right-of-way etiquette. It's evolved so far from the OP's "bla bla bla, yadda yadda yadda".

wawe member
    Without pictures, I couldn't tell if this thread was trending towards classic or a serious discussion on right-of-way etiquette. It's evolved so far from the OP's "bla bla bla, yadda yadda yadda".
    Best I can make of it, it looked like this:
    Desert Classic Jackwagons-ah.jpg

Asshat (on left) was zooming down from water tank towards other rider (represented by blue line on right).

Once headed down he had a couple of choices;

Option 1, take the trail to the left

Option 2, take the open line on D.C.

Option 3, go off trail, though a bush, go home to his computer, get online and whine about mountain biking not being like driving an automobile on the road and argue that if the 99% of the worlds population who don't avidly ride off road don't know the rules, neither should he.

Hope this helps.

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    You are correct sir!

My original post was an attempt at making fun of what this thread has become.

AND NOW THERE ARE PICTURES!!!!

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Make it stop!!!

How do I delete thread that I started?

!eM pleH

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo_krkk_NIN
    You are correct sir!

My original post was an attempt at making fun of what this thread has become.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Make it stop!!!

How do I delete thread that I started?

!eM pleH
    I think most of us realizd that. Some, unfortunately, didn't .
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Shifted
    Feb 2009
    Best I can make of my own little world assumptions and BS .. .. clip... .
    not exactly Sir. The area was further down trail actually after I had come ouf of the tree area on the South side. I'm glad you went to the effort though! I got a kick out of it!

Have a nice day
    back at it
    2014 Trek Stache 7.

No new blood
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo_krkk_NIN
    My job here is done and now I must rush off to DC and see if I can save the poor bush that was assaulted during "The Incident at the OK Water Tank"

Members who have read this thread: 0