Deep Dark Depression- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Deep Dark Depression

You know how you get when you don't ride for a few days well I am off the bike for weeks. Saturday at SoMo shuttles on the first run of the day I was lifting my bike off the trailer and I am not sure how but I tore muscles and more in my left calf. This sucks since I wasn't even on my bike and it is my third injury in seven months. So please keep the pictures and videos coming so I can have something to work toward because it looks like at least 3-4 weeks before I can ride again and then it will be mellow.

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Oh man, that's the worst. A few days off the bike and I can feel a little antsy. I was in India last year and didn't ride at all for three months. The pics and stories here kept me going. A great resource, to be sure. Especially a bummer since you weren't even riding, just going about your business. That's how my football career ended in high school. Just kind of putzing along and BOOM! ACL is shredded. Go figure. Here's to a quick recovery!
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

I am Walt
    Try four months, which is what I'm in the middle of, due to a torn triceps...

That said, hitting the legs hard in the gym, and back to trail and road running, in addition to gym cardio...I intend to be super-fit when I can ride again around 4/1...
    Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Slow, man, my heart goes out to you. I strained my calf back in September leading up to the 24 hour Moab race, I was off my bike for just two weeks, It was just two weeks, but it seemed like forever. You know we'll keep buzzing about the K-Trail, and keep an eye on the gilamonster site for new nonsense every now and again. In the meantime, if you need to get out, give me a holler. Hang in there man!

Members who have read this thread: 0