Date Change for the Quad: Sunday, Jan. 29th, 2012 - Check the Quad Thread!- Mtbr.com
    I am Walt

Date Change for the Quad: Sunday, Jan. 29th, 2012 - Check the Quad Thread!

I edited my original post, but the title didn't change...please note the date change!
    Ride more; post less...

I am Walt
    From the other Quad thread:

FIP (feet-in-pedals) launch time will be 8 am on Sunday, the 29th, from the far-east parking lot of the Basha's, on the SW corner of Bell an Thompson Peak.

I'll post up some more info in the next week or so...
    Ride more; post less...

I am Walt

Listen! Launch Time on Sunday, the 29th!

All:

Plan on FIP (feet-in-pedals) at 8 am SHARP, so plan on arriving to gear-up, etc, between 7:30-45 am!! Again, we'll gather and depart from the easternmost parking lot of the Bashas, on the SW corner of Bell Rd. and Thompson Peak. Bashas has restrooms, in addition to being able to provide for your last-minute needs.

Weather should be PRIMO..."mostly sunny and pleasant", with a low of 48 and a high of 74:
    Scottsdale Weekend Weather - AccuWeather Forecast for AZ 85260

Remember, there IS water at the bottom of the Sunrise descent, which is about 2/3 of the way through the ride, and about 3-4 hours in (for most). So have enough water, etc. to get to that point; then you can refill. I *MAY* be able to park a car in that lot, and stash some snacks, etc, but I'm not sure...I will let you know at the start.

Best time for this through the previous five Quad's is 4:40, by Jeff Hemperly last year, on a SINGLESPEED!!! Can anyone beat that?!?! Most mortals will be in the 7-hour+ range for this, so plan accordingly!

And please remember, this is an informal, friendly, grass-roots "group ride"...it is NOT a race...Strava notwithstanding...

And it will be a gorgeous day in the McDowell Sonoran Preserve, so expect alot of hikers, particularly on lower Windgate, Bell, Jeep Road portion of Lost Dog, and Sunrise. The descent down the back-half of Sunrise will likely have the most hikers, and it can be very fast and slippery, with some blind curves, so please be careful and very considerate.

Looking forward to it, and see you all there!!
    Ride more; post less...