Dang it's hot out there- Mtbr.com
    Got a suspension fork

Dang it's hot out there

Since the Whiskey Off Road I have been pretty much road biking it only due to a shoulder injury. And I was on the road for nearly a month and didn't ride at all.

Man does it hurt getting back in the saddle in this heat (and relatively high humidity) after falling out of shape and gaining a few unneeded pounds. In a good way though.

ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by randyharris View Post
    Since the Whiskey Off Road I have been pretty much road biking it only due to a shoulder injury. And I was on the road for nearly a month and didn't ride at all.

Man does it hurt getting back in the saddle in this heat (and relatively high humidity) after falling out of shape and gaining a few unneeded pounds. In a good way though.

Get your own damn cause and leave the *****ing about weather to me...

Welcome back. Did you notice GilaMonster was selling a solo Barn Burner entry?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    For what it's worth, it has seemed much hotter yesterday and today than it has in a couple weeks.

Night ride last night. Was still 100 degrees up in Cave Creek when I got in the car to go home at 9:45.

Meatbomb
    It's friggen hot today ... I'm nursing a bad shoulder so have an excuse not to ride for a week or so ... thank dog

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I'm going out in 15 minutes to "shred" old Gila, west end of SoMo, hot or not.

Shovel Ready
    111 - old & slow will be out.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome. :)

livin' the dream......
    Did an hour road ride yesterday after I dropped my kids off for school. Launched from the house @0930 and for the first time this summer, was feeling like it was a bad idea to be on the bike. It just felt awful. Today, wised up and set up the trainer and in the house and rode for 2hrs.

I am over the heat.

Skinny, got a forecast for the BB next weekend?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tjkm View Post
    Did an hour road ride yesterday after I dropped my kids off for school. Launched from the house @0930 and for the first time this summer, was feeling like it was a bad idea to be on the bike. It just felt awful. Today, wised up and set up the trainer and in the house and rode for 2hrs.

I am over the heat.

Skinny, got a forecast for the BB next weekend?
    High of 70s, low of 80s, and 24 hours of sunlight. Oh, and downhill both ways.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Just came in from Gila & Bees Knees (called Bursera now). Got caught out in this mini haboob. Glad it isn't as bad as that first one we had, but I still ate a lot of dirt. Double shot of Recoverite and I still can't get the taste of cow azz out of my mouth!!

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    I couldn't imagine not riding for a while then trying to get out into the heat. I remember working summer construction between semesters and going from AC all day to working outside, I would be beat. It would take me about two weeks to get into the groove.

This summer is the best I've had riding a bike. Since June I'm getting out almost twice as much per month as I had during Jan or Feb. Rode last night, felt the heat, but it didn't drag on me much. I was kind of surprised. Amazing how the body can adapt, although I can't imagine it would adapt to cow azz. Glad I picked yesterday to get out!

I'm sure it won't take you too long to whip into shape. And quit all that traveling if its cutting into riding!
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Yo Randy, this forum is not quite as informative w/o your input ...looking forward to your uber accurate reviews again

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I agree this heat and humidity is just nasty. My buddies and I have been leaving at dawn and it is still terrible. Hey Winter - please come early this year......

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I prefer the 4:30 morning ride on South Mountain before work....I can't wait till it begins to cool down!