wawe member

Cyclists on Summit Road

I'm usually fine with cyclists who want to ride on the road, but the behavior I witnessed this Sunday was inexcusable. I went up Telegraph pass to access National, and when I got to the top I saw road bikers and one or two mountain bikers alike who were acting like the road was theirs and theirs alone, riding in the middle of the lane, riding right along the double yellow line, all behaving like they didn't have a care in the world. First of all, you're on a bike, you should cower along the very right hand edge of the road like your life depended on it, which it does, cause duh, cars are bigger! I bet you never realized that, did you? Better yet, you should ride up on top of the guardrail like some up and coming Rey, Lenosky or MacAskill and leave the road free for the grownups.

The worst offender though was this arseclown, who thought he could just lay his bike down and take up the whole lane. Check it out, arsehat rides a rigid SS 29er, so you know he did it just to stop traffic so someone would notice how cool he is or so he could proselytize about how "great" it is. Makes me sick just to breath the same air as this form of maggot.

Cyclists on Summit Road-img_2428.jpg

I'm only bringing this up because I care about the children.

suvlako
    Those bastards!

Big B's Trails
    hang em high
    I dig dirt!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Ghost Rider....very hazardous.....if only a monster truck would come along to save the day!

Rhino
    I would have unbolted those H-bars for my bike.

Shovel Ready
    That section of road looks a little steep and curvy. Could someone page TD and have him improve it for the masses.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Wasn't it silent Sunday yesterday?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldskool
    sure was.

mtbr member
    And this makes it right?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

No mames guey
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycle64
    That section of road looks a little steep and curvy. Could someone page TD and have him improve it for the masses.

You need to use the correct statement though:

As the self-appointed ambassador to [insert location] mountain biking I am continually trying to provide mountain bikers the best possible riding experience for their hard earned vacation dollar.

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by tpvet73

You need to use the correct statement though:

As the self-appointed ambassador to [insert location] mountain biking I am continually trying to provide mountain bikers the best possible riding experience for their hard earned vacation dollar. Even though ambassador will admit. Adding ambassador's trail alterations will not improve vacationers ability to ride said alterations
    FIFY
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

parenting for gnarness
    was this pic taken with a peephole camera?
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    From the camera angle, I recon it was a pee-hole camera.

wawe member
    Hardly, there were six roadies camped out at Buena Vista who were yucking it up so loudly that I could hear them a half mile away. A few of them had racks and bags on their bikes and it looked like they had brought dinner with them, so they weren't even paying a restaurant tax which we all know pays for these mountain roads. Bunch a noisy freeloaders is what they are. I say, if you want a meal with a view from SoMo, go to Rustlers Roost! Be sure to drive there though because the driveway is steeper than a 9% grade so the masses wont be able to ride up it.

EDR
    Lensbaby? Maybe just a super-wide angle?

suvlako
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart
    Hardly, there were six roadies camped out at Buena Vista who were yucking it up so loudly that I could hear them a half mile away. A few of them had racks and bags on their bikes and it looked like they had brought dinner with them, so they weren't even paying a restaurant tax which we all know pays for these mountain roads. Bunch a noisy freeloaders is what they are. I say, if you want a meal with a view from SoMo, go to Rustlers Roost! Be sure to drive there though because the driveway is steeper than a 9% grade so the masses wont be able to ride up it.
    The nerve...

wawe member
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanseeds
    I would have unbolted those H-bars for my bike.
    From my cold, dead, um, I mean from that arseclown's cold, dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    iPhone 4, official phone of arseclowns everywhere.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    maybe he crashed, fell off the bike, then fell off the mountain. who knows

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart
    Just like a bunch of cyclists to ruin silent sunday. Luckily no cagers were around to see it.....might have gotten scared and run off the road.

Members who have read this thread: 0