Current Sedona Trail conditions?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Current Sedona Trail conditions?

We are thinking about heading up to Sedona tomorrow because of the unseasonable hot weather here in PHX. I have never been there and I was wondering what the trail conditions are. They where muddy at mingus mtn today. I was also wondering what trails to hit for a all day ride. I am an intermediate rider, but am game for a challenge as well. Maybe some trail head names or brief directions would help as well. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bmaster7
    We are thinking about heading up to Sedona tomorrow because of the unseasonable hot weather here in PHX. I have never been there and I was wondering what the trail conditions are. They where muddy at mingus mtn today. I was also wondering what trails to hit for a all day ride. I am an intermediate rider, but am game for a challenge as well. Maybe some trail head names or brief directions would help as well. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Conditions are great. Dry on the south faces, and tacky on the north. Ill be out there tomorrow riding the three H's parking at the little horse trailhead.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    i will also be out in sedona tomorrow and plan on riding the hogs and HL from the broken arrow parking area. i am also a intermediate ride and these two trails are very challening and a lot of fun, let me know if you would like someone to show you trails tomorrow.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tykraenzler
    i will also be out in sedona tomorrow and plan on riding the hogs and HL from the broken arrow parking area. i am also a intermediate ride and these two trails are very challening and a lot of fun, let me know if you would like someone to show you trails tomorrow.
    t:

Are you sure you are an intermediate rider? Hog Heaven isn't normally an intermediate ride unless you walk alot of it or are a sand bagger, which one are you?

TD

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Are you sure you are an intermediate rider? Hog Heaven isn't normally an intermediate ride unless you walk alot of it or are a sand bagger, which one are you?

i know forsure i am a intermediate rider, pretty new to mtbing. i will walk i think it is 3-4 parts of the hogs, i hope one day to be able to ride it all. everytime i have biked the hogs i have loved it and feel like i ride away alittle bit better of a rider. that being said i think hogs is a good trail for a intermediate rider looking for a fun challenge.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tykraenzler

i know forsure i am a intermediate rider, pretty new to mtbing. i will walk i think it is 3-4 parts of the hogs, i hope one day to be able to ride it all. everytime i have biked the hogs i have loved it and feel like i ride away alittle bit better of a rider. that being said i think hogs is a good trail for a intermediate rider looking for a fun challenge.
    t:

Sounds like you are an advanced intermediate rider who uses good judgement. If you walked 5 spots I would say you are still an intermediate.

TD

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc
    t:

Sounds like you are an advanced intermediate rider who uses good judgement. If you walked 5 spots I would say you are still an intermediate.

TD

Question(s): Anybody wanna do a night ride Thursday, March 24th in Sedona? Or is there a shop doing a night ride up there by any chance that evening?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaDesignsShannon
    Question(s): Anybody wanna do a night ride Thursday, March 24th in Sedona? Or is there a shop doing a night ride up there by any chance that evening?
    BD:

There usually aren't any night rides with lights. There are full moon rides w/o lights every month.

TD

mtbr member
    That's rad! Are you guys going to be riding on this full moon? It supposed to be huge.

I think I'll probably ride with lights next week though, I am too much of a scaredy-cat to ride without them! (Plus, I have four kiddos to feed)

Shannon

Members who have read this thread: 0