Current Beta on Goldmine and Jacob's Crosscut- Mtbr.com
    parenting for gnarness

Current Beta on Goldmine and Jacob's Crosscut

Wanted to get out and explore these trails near the Superstitions. I know where I'm going, but any details would be good.

How long the spin time and mileage to do this whole trail? I'm guessing about 25 miles end-to-end-to-end and ~4 hrs spinning.

Which parking area? I heard the Broadway TH starts with a major slog, so Cloudview might offer us an easier entrance and good spot to stage a car in the middle of the route. Is parking an issue at Cloudview?

Any B-lines etc. Ive seen a few spur trails that are supposed to be fun off E. Goldmine...

Any specific beta for getting from the north end of Jacob's Crosscut\Lost Dutchman Park across the road and into the Goldfields system? Figured we'd wing it through the old cowboy town...

Thanks for any details.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

MTBikeAZ.com
    The lot at Cloudview is a Football Field. I'm sending you my gps data for the Hawes/Peralta epic.

It looks like if we start at Jacobs on the north at 1st water and ride to the Peralta TH it's only 15 miles one way. I have no connector trail into the Goldfields yet, but there are plenty of dirt roads in the area. Surly we can find a way.

I'll PM KGMX24, he's local and knows of so much more in the area.
    Last edited by TheBarqsMan; 01-06-2010 at 01:24 PM.
    Mike
    MTBikeAZ.com
    --
    How fast can you climb?
    http://helipadtt.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    I'd be interested in the gps file too if you don't mind sharing. I am thinking of putting together a route from Hawes to Peralta as well.

Members who have read this thread: 0