Thread: Cruiser style

mtbr member

Cruiser style

Hey all, I am getting a new puppy and decided that is a perfect excuse to get a beach cruiser. I've never had a cruiser and figured this is a good place to ask even though it is MTBR. My plans are to get a single speed, coaster brake and if I can find an aluminum frame should I get it or just go for the steel frame? If you have any suggestions I am all ears.

My other ride is your mom
    check out FBR, they have some goodies in there:

http://www.flagbikerev.com/

mtbr member
    I have a 1980-81 Schwinn Cruiser that needs some work for real cheap if you want. I'm in Flag and going to the valley this weekend. Let me know and I'll give you more info.

Otherwise, I'd recommend a 26" BMX style cruiser like an SE OM Flyer or a Kona Humu. Both affordable and stylin'.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowbutSure
    Hey all, I am getting a new puppy and decided that is a perfect excuse to get a beach cruiser. I've never had a cruiser and figured this is a good place to ask even though it is MTBR. My plans are to get a single speed, coaster brake and if I can find an aluminum frame should I get it or just go for the steel frame? If you have any suggestions I am all ears.
    Craig's List is a great place to look. I go on every once and a while, and you can find some great bikes. I've been dying to get one of those chopper-type cruisers, which I see on there all the time for sub $300. Unfortunately, we have 3 cruisers between us, and zero room for another bike, else I would.

BTW, what kind of puppy?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    I had a BMX style cruiser before so now its time for something different. Truth be told I am going to put a basket on it for my pup to go in. Then it will be used on canal and bike paths. I might even put a cup holder on it. I will be so ready for the Fat Tire Festival!

mtbr member
    I had a BMX style cruiser before so now its time for something different. Truth be told I am going to put a basket on it for my pup to go in. Then it will be used on canal and bike paths. I might even put a cup holder on it. I will be so ready for the Fat Tire Festival!
    Here is mine. Puppy would fit in the back...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cruiser style-cruiser.jpg  

Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Think my new puppy would fit?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cruiser style-100_1302-medium-.jpg  

mtbr member
    You will need a big basket!

mtbr member
    A buddy of mine in flag has a Fat Tire cruiser for sale. no idea on price or anything. If interests I'll pm you his email

mtbr member

Updated

So I figured out that a basket on the cruiser handlebars wasn't happening for taking my new puppy on bike rides. I ended up getting a trailer for hauling kids which works great especially after I removed the seats and made a floor for it. Let me tell you it has been a very long time since I rode a single speed with a coaster brake and it is a blast. These bikes also are very inexpensive compared to my other steeds. Maybe I will have to take this bike to the Pit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cruiser style-photo0128.jpg  

Cruiser style-dscn0662.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Here is mine. Puppy would fit in the back...
    You ride that bike with a sig line like yours?
    Drinkin the S-Works Kool-aid

Rhino
    Hooked my dad up with a cruiser couple months back. PHAT Cycles has a 29er crusier. It rocks and is fun to ride, you will be all smiles.

mtbr member
    Yeah Chipolopolo, I was glad to see a lime green and black cruiser. That is the color I am converting my downhill bike to and almost all my drag bikes were the same. Now I have a cool puppy hauler
    Urbanseeds, I saw the 29er cruisers and thought how great but I didn't want to spend that much. I need way too many other items for mountain biking.

Members who have read this thread: 0