A crock of Vital Bull$h!t- Mtbr.com
    1 bike to ride them all

A crock of Vital Bull$h!t

Everyone here at the local shops are pretty cool so, I don't want to stir the pot or pick on them.

On the other hand, Vital mtb ought to know that one can only use the vortex as an excuse while you're actually in Sedona. Vital's latest 'bucket list' is clearly delusional, fictitious, gibberish and a strong indication that the folk who run it / write for it need to check their facts, cut back on the chronic... and get back to reality:

MTB Bucket List - 5 Places Dain Zaffke Says You Should Ride Once in Your Life - Mountain Bikes Feature Stories - Vital MTB

CB

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Yep. OTE did a great job creating ALL the trails in Sedona!

mtbr member
    That article is lame but in all fairness to Mike and Jason they don't promote that shyte. They promote the area for sure but I doubt they are spewing that crap to the clueless writer for Vital. On the other hand, maybe the owner of the franchise name is? That wouldn't surprise me at all.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Ya, it's just an editing mistake. Publications get shit wrong all the time. Like as in every time. Or this has been my personal experience. Those guys at OTE would never be trying to claim something that wasn't true.

This sort of reminds me about the White Line and how the riders in Sedona won't recognize Ryan Suemptewa for being the first guy to ride down the nose on it connecting the upper ledge to the lower ledge. These days everyone I hear talk about it doesn't mention him. I have heard how Chewy or Simon were the first though. I think that's ******** but I usually don't say anything. Ryan doesn't care either but unlike so many mountain biking people I know we don't really have much of our ego invested in the sport. It's just something to do for fun not a defining factor of who we are.

Powder did a pretty darn good job in an article we helped them out with last season but they were diligent with their fact checking.

1 bike to ride them all
    raisingarizona,

If you say that Ryan S. was the first I'm going to stand corrected and stand behind that. Ryan is AWESOME PEOPLE! and a RAD rider.

I wish you all had been racing the duo city Enduro with he and I a few years back, I barely kept my bike upright I was laughing so hard when I heard Ryan's crazy hoots and hollers while he was blazing Wasabi. That dude has stoke to spare. Good times for sure. Thank you Chalkpaw & Rockman!

Ryan, hope you're doing great!
    CB

mtbr member
    Ryan riding it in 2011. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i11k0x_82sY

Ryan's time on Wasabi in that duo-city enduro was sick. 9:08 from the road to the rock on Rocky Ridge.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Ryan riding it in 2011. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i11k0x_82sY

Ryan's time on Wasabi in that duo-city enduro was sick. 9:08 from the road to the rock on Rocky Ridge.
    YES! That's the first time the roller to the lower ledge was ever connected. It's also the very first video of The White Line.

It was actually recorded in December 2010.

It's easy for people to say now that it's no big deal and way over rated but they weren't the first to try it. Going first is a whole different ball game. That's pioneering and imho pioneering is the raddest possible aspect of outdoor adventure sports. It's stepping off into the unknown.