Condundrum & Indecision- Mtbr.com
    My other ride is your mom

Condundrum & Indecision

I get every other Friday off which normally means a long ride day before happy hour with friends and family. Out of necessity, over the summer this has forced me to drive north and gain some altitude for the long solo rides...or limit my time on the bike to 2 hours or less in the sunny hours down here in the Desert. Most of these rides this summer have been solitary which is cool....but I'm burned out.

Out of habit, I feel compelled to do the same tomorrow....but also have a natural revulsion to driving so far after such a long, hot summer of doing this every weekend. I'm also not so much into solo riding right now....I'm enjoying the company of others. I am, however still very much into solo drinking.....I'm tempted to go buy a case of 'Simple Times Lager' and start drinking now until the last college game is played on Saturday so I can sober up for my all day Sunday ride.

Of course, I can be coaxed into just about anything.....so is anybody interested in heading north to Sedona tomorrow, or up to the rim for something like a Cabin Loop ride ....or a ride up 6-shooter and back down....or a hill climb up Mt. Ord...or anything else involving hours of riding? Otherwise....I may go the 'Simple Times' route.....or just ride alone.

sprocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    I get every other Friday off which normally means a long ride day before happy hour with friends and family. Out of necessity, over the summer this has forced me to drive north and gain some altitude for the long solo rides...or limit my time on the bike to 2 hours or less in the sunny hours down here in the Desert. Most of these rides this summer have been solitary which is cool....but I'm burned out.

Out of habit, I feel compelled to do the same tomorrow....but also have a natural revulsion to driving so far after such a long, hot summer of doing this every weekend. I'm also not so much into solo riding right now....I'm enjoying the company of others. I am, however still very much into solo drinking.....I'm tempted to go buy a case of 'Simple Times Lager' and start drinking now until the last college game is played on Saturday so I can sober up for my all day Sunday ride.

Of course, I can be coaxed into just about anything.....so is anybody interested in heading north to Sedona tomorrow, or up to the rim for something like a Cabin Loop ride ....or a ride up 6-shooter and back down....or a hill climb up Mt. Ord...or anything else involving hours of riding? Otherwise....I may go the 'Simple Times' route.....or just ride alone.
    OOOOHHHHHH Cabin Looop!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg r.jpg (145.5 KB, 231 views)

If you're volunteering, I can drive......should shape up to be a nice long-sleeve ride......

parenting for gnarness
    i'm not sure you're man enough to ride with Yetisurly....
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

Meatbomb
    I'm not sure I'm man enough to drink with Yetisuly...

ouch....

OK.....I'm clearly not man enough to wake my arse up early enough to drive 2 hrs north to do a long day on the loop on my day off...but I resisted the bottle....er....can....and still went for a nice ride, albiet solo on SoMo. Great weather in the morning....and hitting Sun Devil liquor on the way back....well....I'm hitting the bottle as promised....Cholla....need that day drinkin buddy? I'm rarin' to go.....

pedaller
    Look at you, riding Somo!!!

Getting ready for the Flight of the Pigs?

What did you ride?
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

trying to get out of my XC rutt....working on my tech up's....pima lot-beverly-javelina-morman-naty-BV lookout and then back. Was going to ride natty all the way to telegraph, down and back via DC....and then told myself....DC sux....so I turned around.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Was gonna say, couple of us are heading out to do some PMP stuff. Meeting at 40th/Shea at 3 p.m. Sounds like you might already be into that bottle ...

sprocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    I'm not sure I'm man enough to drink with Yetisuly...
    me either. sometimes he scares me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Acme Ale is a good bottle to be in my friend....another time...and if you're doing a regular Naty thing...PM me, I'm up for tagging along.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I think a couple of us are running Natty Monday morning. Either 0630 or 0700.

I'm midway through some 8th Street ale. Much needed after that brutal run we just did.

Members who have read this thread: 0