Coming down to da OP- Mtbr.com
    No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005

Coming down to da OP

Phoenician heading south and east for two weeks of vacation in Tucson. I know this seems odd, but it's true. My wife will be studying with the only certified Ashtanga yoga teacher in the state. I'll be basically footloose and ready to ride daily.

We'll be staying at a rental house in the general area of Campbell and Broadway, which I sincerely hope isn't ghetto.

I'll be bringing the dog, plenty of beer, a SS 29er hardtail and my 6-inch trailbike, and I'll be looking to ride pretty much every day. I'm not a racer or competition freak, but have a decent technical skillset. Looking to get out, have a good time and see the best stuff the Tucson area has to offer.

I'll also be signing in to the Tucson MTB site, but wanted to throw it out on here as well. I'll be hitting town on 4.10 and ready to start riding on 4.11. Be there for two weeks.

Hope to meet some cool folks and ride some gnar.

Plus size jersey model
    Are you bringing your light set-up? Broadway & Campbell is an ok area. Within riding distance of the U, 4th ave, and downtown so plenty of good eating and drinking options. I will be more then happy to take you out on some trails and can even set up some car pools since you won't be to far from my place and all I have is a SS 29er.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Don't own lights. I'll be in my pickup, so easy to get around to the trails. Be happy to have insight on good eats (particularly Mexican, of course) and other important stuff.

rip the line
    Jun 2006
    Dude, good to have you down here. Sunday's looking like a bugs through prison run and then and then Monday morning, I will be doing my weekly 50 year ride and I'm off for tue, wed and thursday. I'll most likely be going up to phoenix on wed for the somo shuttles, but will be riding local on tuesday and thursday if you're interested. Lots of good stuff down here man. My number is 520-870-8338. Gimme a buzz and we'll ride our asses off.
    "I tried to live always free and above board like you" Cool Hand Luke

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Wife just informed me we won't actually be getting down there until Sunday afternoon, so Monday would be my first ride. As I said, I'll be bringing the SS, but truthfully I'm more interested in riding my 6-inch bike.

I'll forward my cell in a PM.

I attempted to join Tucson MTB; is it normal for your confirmation e-mail to take awhile? Joined about 14 hours ago and nada so far.

My other ride is your mom
    Blatant....I'll be down in the OP this weekend for my 5th wedding anny....so no riding for me...but since I used to live down there....keep this in mind for mexican food...which I think Tucson has the best:

Best veggie burro: Burro Delux at Mi Nidito's
    Best chicken enchiladas: Rosa's on Ft. Lowell - if you can get Rosa to smile....you win.
    Best green salsa and best vat of molten cheese: La Parrilla Suiza -->Speedway location is the better of the three in Tucson IMHO
    Best red salsa (lots of garlic) and best carne seca: El Charro - Downtown location
    Best use of chiles: Cafe Poca Cosa - Suzana Rules!!!!!
    Best red or green chile burro to cure a hangover: St. Mary's Tortilla factory

Members who have read this thread: 0