Columbus day at Hawes...- Mtbr.com
    Shred...it's the new drug

Columbus day at Hawes...

What a great little columbus day we had out at hawes today. A few of us, Greffster, Shortbus, and myself started out the morning a shuttle to the top for some big bike thugging around. We hiked up a bit towards the towers and ripped hawes down to saddle then to some crazy little trail and then over to the mine then down. Then back up for another shuttle, hawes to saddle, to granite to ridgeline and out and then ABC met us at the bottom for another run back up where Gref and Shortbus headed out and we hiked it even further up towards the towers and ripped back down with a combo of both of the first runs. It was a goregous day out, light breezes and nice and loose trails. Lots of drifting and hooting going on! I pedaled a bunch of sections I've never cleared before and ripped up those trails like never before. Here's a couple pics. Sorry Airmiller we didn't meet up, my phone was dead...bad latedrop. We'll get sum soon.
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    A little mid trail tweak
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Shortbus's first trip to the mine and he finds a crack baggy...lucky

Kathleen in AZ
    I finally realized why today's commute to work on the I10 was so easy... it's a holiday! Glad you all had fun on the little hill with your big bikes. I cannot imagine the pain I'd be in if I tried to push/ride my DHR to the top of the mine trail. ouch!

Hope to see you and the Wed AM SoMo crew so that I can shake out the Sedona cobwebs before the Bootleg weekend!

Shred...it's the new drug
    I was riding the smallest bike...my covert 5 and 5. Stu was on his dirtbag 7 and 7 and james was on his chumba 8 and 8.5 and he was pedaling up almost everything with a 40 tooth ring and a sketchy deraillur. Stu just whined his way to the top. I tried to pedal everything but was not always successful. Biggish bike thuggin is fun!!! Makes you appreciate all the downs when you get them:0

Members who have read this thread: 0