Cloudcroft color October 10-13- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Cloudcroft color October 10-13

It's autumn and the leaves are changing. Much of the riding here is 8-9000'. One lower altutude ride on the way there.
    Friday, 10th: Dona Ana Hills. Maybe 30 miles of trail here, north of Las Cruces. Camping is my plan for the first night, only.
    Saturday: Rim Trail. It's about 30 miles long and has lots of views. Close to the highway it's easy to set any length ride. Autumn color should be near peak.
    Sunday: High Altitude Race Course. 9 mile loop.
    Monday: Spaghetti Bowl, Canyon River Trail or more of the Rim Trail.
    There is camping near the northern end of the Rim Trail but temps will be in the 30's at night so hotels may be the way to go in the cold. Dogs welcome.
    Wanna chill? Abe
    agmtb

mtbr member
    Abe,

have you ever ridded one of the trails that drops off the Rim trail and goes all the way to Alamagordo? I was there 5-6 years ago an found the start of one. and knew that it was possible, but we did not ahve a shuttle vehicle nor enough beta to assure oursleves we were not just droping off into oblivion.

Cloudcrpft is very beautiful. We scared up a huge Elk that day on the Rim. maybe 50 feet away when we first saw her.

b
    b

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

nada

I haven't been to Cloudcroft. The Falcon guide I have for NM lists nothing but I'll hit the Cloudcroft bike shop for maps. If there's interest in the trip and can set up a shuttle I will.
    Only trails I've ridden in NM so far are near Albuquerque, Gallup and Grants.
    What's the tech level for the Rim and Race course?
    agmtb

mtbr member
    no tech on the Rim. just beutify XC ride. I've never been on the race couse so I cannot comment.
    b

Members who have read this thread: 0