banned

Christmas Wash Sanitation Project-Volunteers Needed

Since the addition of the new Aerie trail the local riders in the know of all the really cool rides have been incorporating the Christmas wash into the loop mix. Fortunately the me the last couple weeks have been full on riding with numerous vacationers from all over the world.

What is always difficult is to show advanced riders a new ride everyday to keep them from getting bored, so Christmas has been brought into the mix. Today's ride was done with riders from Canada and New Zealand. I am in the process of editing the video of today's ride, which will indicate all the sections that need to be sanatized to allow lesser skilled tourists to ride the trail without dabbing.

Due to the length of the ride I think it will take about 85 man-hours of volunteer sanitation to complete the project. I will need volunteers who can move rocks weighing up to 200 lbs., so if you aren't use to hard labor you probably shouldn't volunteer.

Please wait until the videos are done before signing up.

TD
    Last edited by traildoc; 11-16-2010 at 09:33 PM.

zul
    Will Guide for Beer
    Spending time in Christmas Wash? Seems futile. It's all there already. You plan on going outside the wash ala Ezy Breezy?
    If lovin you is wrong, I don't wanna be right

mtbr member
    I think doc is referring to the wash between Ledge'n'Airy and Cockscomb. Over there somewhere.

banned
    OK here is the video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc8_eFOh7oM

The rollin is off the Cockscomb trail and Christmas Wash T's into another wash, which intersects upstream to the Dawa Trail or downstream to the AZ Cypress trail, I will try and show it in a Google Earth jpeg later.

I haven't completed the video of the sanitation spots yet, but if you watch the above video you will see spots where I either dabbed or one of the riders ahead of me dabbed. There is also a spot where I ripped my XT Shadow Derailluer off my bike. Those are the areas I will be sanitizing, so I and less skilled riders will be provided a better user experience.

Hopefully, those riders who are looking for a more challenging riding experience won't rag on me, and will just drop into the Dry Creek Wash and ride it downstream to hook into Oak Creek. Dry Creek Wash is probably over four miles long and should give very skilled riders plenty of challenging riding.

TD

mtbr member
    You gotta love Sedona. Where else are creek beds utilized as fun trails?

locked - time out
    May 2005
    does the FS know about your work there?...

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmookher
    does the FS know about your work there?...
    gmook:

I doubt they know about it. Since this is a trail improvement project I don't think it is an issue. Since some of the rocks are over 200 lbs. or deeply imbedded I will need a more of a Blue Collar type individual to help with the project.

Thanks for your interest. I think the trail might be a good trail for you and your wife to check out to test your current skill level. You might change your mind about the sanitation project if you can't clean a lot of the difficult sections. I would recommend a 6" travel or bigger bike for this ride. A light weight Highline would also work well.

TD
    Last edited by traildoc; 11-17-2010 at 01:37 PM.

locked - time out
    May 2005

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by traildoc
    gmook:

They don't know about it, so when we go in to do the work it will most likely be a nightime project when they have gone home. I will need volunteers who have helmet lite setups. I have three extra sets I can lone someone who has the ability of moving those BIG rocks.

TD
    TD:

I see you edited your orig post. Smart for a guy who talks alot of dumb talk...LOL

I am interested retrying this effort to try and get us to see eye to eye: seeing as you seem more amiable to building the more rugged lines I want...

we have gotten off on the wrong foot. Perhaps I owe you an apology for getting excited and venomous.

since neither of us are going anywhere why dont you come down to PJs, bring a buddy, I'll buy 1st round of beers?

lets TALK man

peace love and chain lube
    gm
    Last edited by gmookher; 11-17-2010 at 08:42 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    TD:

I am interested retrying this effort to try and get us to see eye to eye: seeing as you seem more amiable to building the more rugged lines I want...

we have gotten off on the wrong foot. Perhaps I owe you an apology for getting excited and venomous.

since neither of us are going anywhere why dont you come down to PJs, bring a buddy, I'll buy 1st round of beers?

lets TALK man

gm

Apparently, the pharmacy is now open!

Less drama on the boards and in the world is a good thing....

banned

Damifino Peace Ride

TD:

lets TALK man

gm

gm:

To be TOTALLY HONEST with you I appreciate you wanting to make peace, I am with you on that. That being said, rather than meet you for a beer, I am more interested in doing a ride with you and having a bunch of my buddies join us for the ride.

What I am not clear about is what you consider to be your current skill level? Previously I tried to ride Damifino with you and you didn't show up because of the weather issue or some other reason. I assume you have watched some video of Damifino so you have a pretty good idea as to the skill level needed to clean the difficult sections.

The other day Rockman met up with you and your wife riding up Munds on your way to Damifino and from what you previously indicated you ran out of daylight and bailed at Cow Pies.

I personally am not clear as to whether you are a skilled enough rider to ride Damifino or you are trying to find a trail that is above your skill level and you want to practice your good judgement skills and will walk the sections that look to be above your skill level. If that is the case you have picked a great skill tester trail.

You have indicated you don't enjoy riding sanitized trails, so that indicates you like to ride more technical trails. At this point, what do you consider to be the most technical trail in Sedona that you have enjoyed riding or walking sections over your skill level?

This weekend would be a good opprotunity to ride Damifino to Burger King (or some other challenging trail), if you still are interested in doing that ride. I can bring a cooler with beers (let me know your favorite brew) to celebrate the ride.

Maybe Rockman can join the ride. He has wanted to do the Steamboat and Birdcage sections.

TD
    Last edited by traildoc; 11-17-2010 at 02:45 PM.

mtbr member
    TD:

lets TALK man

gm
    Can somebody please bring a video camera for said meeting?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Pretty sure Jerry Springer is on standby.........
    i never thought i'd be 43 and living here......i kinda wanted to be a rockstar..." Mark Hendershot

zul
    Will Guide for Beer
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc
    OK here is the video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc8_eFOh7oM

TD
    It looks like you cleaned over 80% of Christmas Wash. Nice riding, hopefully your der is OK.
    If lovin you is wrong, I don't wanna be right

mtbr member
    Hey TD,

I'm coming to town for a week starting this Sat. night. Can I join you guys if the "love ride" is this Sunday? We last rode with you on an Aerie/Cockscomb loop, to Taco Del Mar lunch to Hangover about two months ago after Fat Tire had my Ibis ready to roll.
    Last edited by Apexit; 11-17-2010 at 04:07 PM.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Apexit
    Hey TD,

I'm coming to town for a week starting this Sat. night. Can I join you guys if the "love ride" is this Sunday? We last rode with you on an Aerie Loop/Cockscomb loop, to Taco Del Mar lunch to Hangover about two months ago after Fat Tire had my Ibis ready to roll.
    A:

You are welcome to join us. Whatever gm wants to do Sunday is is fine with me.

TD

locked - time out
    May 2005
    woof!
    Last edited by gmookher; 11-17-2010 at 10:31 PM.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=gmookher]again girls, its not really about my skill level here, its about the trails, and the ethics around the 'dumb it down' and "sanitization"

Awesome, girls are going too? Now I really need to dress up for this ride cause if GM dabs less than me, I need to at least look better

mtbr member
    what I discussed at lenght on sunday was just that, that whether I clear a section or NOT, doesnt give TD or anyone licensure to go make a section 'easier'
    Since when did the world revolved around you?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    again girls, its not really about my skill level here, its about the trails, and the ethics around the 'dumb it down' and "sanitization"

sure, we should all go ride, but in no way am I playing TD's 'show me your skillz' logic:

what I discussed at lenght on sunday was just that, that whether I clear a section or NOT, doesnt give TD or anyone licensure to go make a section 'easier'

I just moved here, I may not have ridden said trail 20 times
    I may well clear said obstacle on my 21st time.

I still fail to see the co-relation between mine, or anyone elses skill level and TD's mentality of "I will fix what I deem needed"

I am sure the FS would not like to see you posting about doing work at night with lights

if you are posting this TD, you KNOW youre doing stuff you shouldnt be
    screw my skill level, stop making that the topic here

its not a "lets see whose is better at that line" contest, if it were, I'm in last place

Its true, I have no problem walking sections that I cant ride, but it really really upsets me to see the USFS or others dumbing it down.

I'll let you all know what my weekend looks like as it gets closer
    dude, you should get your own segment on fox news...

banned
    again girls, its not really about my skill level here, its about the trails, and the ethics around the 'dumb it down' and "sanitization"

sure, we should all go ride, but in no way am I playing TD's 'show me your skillz' logic:

I just moved here, I may not have ridden said trail 20 times
    I may well clear said obstacle on my 21st time.

I still fail to see the co-relation between mine, or anyone elses skill level and TD's mentality of "I will fix what I deem needed"

I am sure the FS would not like to see you posting about doing work at night with lights

if you are posting this TD, you KNOW youre doing stuff you shouldnt be
    screw my skill level, stop making that the topic here

its not a "lets see whose is better at that line" contest, if it were, I'm in last place

Its true, I have no problem walking sections that I cant ride, but it really really upsets me to see the USFS or others dumbing it down.

gm:

This is the deal, per the FS blessings I will continue to do trail improvements where I deem them a good addition to the trail. The FS has recognized that I have a common sensical understanding of where trail improvements will enhance the user experience for the majority of the riding public. They also know, WTF I am doing and they don't have to manage me like most volunteers.

That being said, IF YOU TO DECIDE YOU WANTED TO DO A GROUP RIDE ON SUNDAY, what trail do you want to ride, or which trail that I have done a video on, do you want to ride.

I am trying to pin you down because the the last time we were going to ride you blew me off and I sat at the Huckaby parking lot for 20 minutes before I decided I had been blown off.

You complain about me sanitizing trail sections you previously couldn't ride and I still don't know if you can ride them after I did the trail improvement. You accuse me of dumbing down trails I seldom ride and have NO interest in working on.

Your user icon sucks and you want to be my friend and drink beer together. Are you going to be tolerant and agree to disagree or are you going to be intolerant? If you are going to be intolerant or worst ruin my life I am not interested in continuing our friendship. I have plenty of friends who are tolerant and kinda tolerant and I don't need a new intolerant friend.

Lastly, I have been sharing these posts with my wife and I am curious if you also share all your recent posts and edits with yours? What does, "I am plain crazy and loving it mean?'

TD

mtbr member
    TD,

please have enough sense to meet the guy in a public place, bring some friends, and wear your camera to film this experience.

Frankly, he has fully convinced just about everyone he is insane...

Kudos on your efforts.
    i never thought i'd be 43 and living here......i kinda wanted to be a rockstar..." Mark Hendershot

locked - time out
    May 2005
    woof!
    Last edited by gmookher; 11-17-2010 at 10:29 PM.

mtbr member
    I need to come visit TD and see this in person since I missed ya 2 weekends ago.
    Mook dude, you have shown your colors here on this forum and you wonder why everyone is nagging ya. What are you smoking on your ride? whatever it is its not helping you here.
    SHITBIRD

locked - time out
    May 2005
    woof!
    Last edited by gmookher; 11-17-2010 at 10:30 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Dearest Doc,

what is your obsession with what I (or anyone else)can or can not ride?

Please, please answer this question already?
    So youre a good rider, get over yourself

youre older and have been riding longer than me. Atleast you look older, maybe I am wrong..LOL

but man..
    You sound like a broken record..clean this clean that.. Its tired an played, already.

I am not sure if we should be riding together, your skill is likely far above mine, so what? we all start somewhere..

While I may NEVER reach your skill level, its not gonna make it okay that youre out here on mtbr looking for volunteers trying to do 'trail work at night'

That is illegal. If you get fined for something you do and 'someone' captures this on film, thats a risk you have accepted, voluntarily-bro.

I am not out to ruin you, or your life, in any way, but I do not like your attitude, that said, I can be laid back when I want/need to be. I am tolerant, live and let live.

I disagree with Joe Arpaio. You arent required to like my avatar, man.
    We can discuss our political differences elsewhere.

We're allowed to have opposing viewpoints and live on this planet there is enough trail and room for us all. I live in the VOC, and prefer you stay up north, outta my back yard thats all, sorry you can NOT seem to grasp this.

Again, what does it mean to you if I can ride the sections you seem so eager to challenge me on? And so what if I cant? Does that mean you feel that then, you are more 'on point' going on "dumbing it down"

I look forward to your well thought out reply. I'm just a guy who loves to ride, and dont like to see changes that dumb it down

WHAT IS SO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT< ?

Its just about me, my bike and the trail The only reason you and I are even talking is because you have a " I will do what I deem necessary attitude. I dont like that, and am letting you know. So far your response has been

"Tough, I will dumb-ify what I want and deem necessary for I am the all holy TRAILDOC"

And Mine has been,

"I will document your work, and any and all un permitted changes you make and deal with you and the Forrest Service, thru every legal means "I deem necessary"

I just want the stuff left rugged man, thats all!

I know I am new here and youre an asset to sedona, I really think so and you have done alot that I do respect and thank you for, probably 95%

Niether of us are going ANYWHERE, so we need to learn to co-exist

cant you and I find a happy medium on the other 5%? Really?

I know -more of my crazy talk..

Cheers,

gm
    Wow, Your trying as hard as you can to really have NO friends in your new home and here on mtbr. You moved in 8 months ago and now throwing out threats? Get off your high horse dude. Hang out, take your time and see whats going on, then maybe after a while people might respect your opinion but for now mellow out. You are rapidly digging yourself into a deep hole, the core riding community is small around here, this will become more obvious the more time you actually stay here and become a part of the community. Until then you should do as the romans do and figure it out. There are a lot of riders that have spent most of there lives here and really don't want some newbie showing up and rocking the boat. Not cool. Keep it up and you will slowly be pushed away by everyone.

Meatbomb

My money is on his weekend filling up real fast ,...... mother in law will be in town and needs her panty cheese scraped or something like that.

locked - time out
    May 2005
    woof!
    Last edited by gmookher; 11-17-2010 at 10:30 PM.

Meatbomb
    damn long winded fauker

banned
    Dearest Doc,

what is your obsession with what I (or anyone else)can or can not ride?

I could care less what you can or can not ride, but I don't want to have to deal with a rider who has gotten over their head in riding a trail that is too difficult for their riding ability. You on two occasions, that I know of, have wanted to go ride Damifino. On the last occasion you were willing to take your wife on the Damifino ride, which IMHO was using poor judgement. One you started too late in the day and two your wife doesn't have the bike or walking skill to do that ride.

Please, please answer this question already?
    So youre a good rider, get over yourself

youre older and have been riding longer than me. Atleast you look older, maybe I am wrong..LOL

gm, I am way older than you and I have also ridden longer than you so, I am a lot more experienced at JUDGING whether you and your wife can ride/walk Damifino.

but man..
    You sound like a broken record..clean this clean that.. Its tired an played, already.

I am not sure if we should be riding together, your skill is likely far above mine, so what? we all start somewhere..

While I may NEVER reach your skill level, its not gonna make it okay that youre out here on mtbr looking for volunteers trying to do 'trail work at night'

That is illegal. If you get fined for something you do and 'someone' captures this on film, thats a risk you have accepted, voluntarily-bro.

gmook I take that as a NO on you wanting to volunteer for that project. So far I have five people who are going to help out this coming Sunday. We are meeting a 8:30 pm at the Aerie parking lot and I will have all the tools onsite to start the project.

I am not out to ruin you, or your life, in any way, but I do not like your attitude, that said, I can be laid back when I want/need to be. I am tolerant, live and let live.

I disagree with Joe Arpaio. You arent required to like my avatar, man.

I actually really like Joe and I am a subscriber of his website. He has done a wonderful job in lowering incarceration costs and many of his attendees have chosen to live better lives after they graduate. Hopefully medical marijuana will lower the attendence at his campus.

We can discuss our political differences elsewhere.

I am a TEA Cupper and think the current guy in charge is a wealth distributor. Since I have worked hard to obtain financial security I am opposed to giving what I havre worked hard for to LAZY people (like my brother and his two sons) who choose to scam the system.

We're allowed to have opposing viewpoints and live on this planet there is enough trail and room for us all. I live in the VOC, and prefer you stay up north, outta my back yard thats all, sorry you can NOT seem to grasp this.

Again, what does it mean to you if I can ride the sections you seem so eager to challenge me on? And so what if I cant?

Can you provide some of my actual statements that you are reffering to?

Does that mean you feel that then, you are more 'on point' going on "dumbing it down"

I look forward to your well thought out reply. I'm just a guy who loves to ride, and dont like to see changes that dumb it down

WHAT IS SO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT< ?

I understand that you are obsessed with not liking trail improvements that is fine with me. You need to provide my previous statements where I don't understand you don't like to see CHANGES. Make your complaints to the FS they are the ones who dumb down the trails, my focus is trail improvements.

Its just about me, my bike and the trail The only reason you and I are even talking is because you have a " I will do what I deem necessary attitude. I dont like that, and am letting you know. So far your response has been

"Tough, I will dumb-ify what I want and deem necessary for I am the all holy TRAILDOC"

And Mine has been,

"I will document your work, and any and all un permitted changes you make and deal with you and the Forrest Service, thru every legal means "I deem necessary"

I appreciate your commitment to doing what you think is right. You seem to know what you are talking about and I respect that in a person. Somehow I don't think our friendship is going to work, but I could be wrong. Look at what General Petraus has been able to accomplish in Iraq.
    I just want the stuff left rugged man, thats all!

I know I am new here and youre an asset to sedona, I really think so and you have done alot that I do respect and thank you for, probably 95%

Niether of us are going ANYWHERE, so we need to learn to co-exist

cant you and I find a happy medium on the other 5%? Really?

I hope so, but it doesn't seem like there is anyway that you are going to accept my point of view. You are STUCK in a mindset that needs to change to a new and improved viewpoint. Do you think our current leader is going to change his mindset, he believes in wealth distribution and he is not going to give up on that goal, like I am not going to give up on trail improvements?

I know -more of my crazy talk..

Can you please let me know if you share your posts and edits with your wife like I do? It would make me feel better if I knew you and her were commited to your cause and the way you go about expressing your feelings. Where are you riding tomorrow?

Cheers,

gm

Meatbomb
    damn, another long winded fauker

mtbr member
    This guy is cuckoo. Let it go doc. Don't take the bait.
    Last edited by rockman; 11-17-2010 at 08:47 PM.

mtbr member
    so..if we all need to drop pants and show our d*c*s, I can bring a ruler...
    Mine's 10 1/2 inches long.
    Oops the ruler is backward, mods please delete the above statement.
    Thanks.

Meatbomb
    last couple times I did gmookher's mom she *****ed about my size... maybe she needs to turn the ruler around as well.

I got this speech from her :

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1754914

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Man, this guy sounds like a high school girl on the rag!

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman
    This guy is cuckoo. Let it go doc. Don't take the bait.
    Rocky:

Me take the bait you have to be kidding, I am the one with the pole in the water.

I just got several more PM's from some Blue Collar types who want to come out to work on the Christmas Wash. Since the best time to work is evening weekends I have decided to step it up and also work Saturday evening. I am a little concerned that gm might be reporting some of this activity to the FS, so I am not going to say anymore. It would help if two more volunteers were to help out Saturday.

TD

banned
    It's been awhile since we have been down Christmas Wash after completing the sanitation project, but about 50% of the way through the MBH Sunday ride about ten of us ended up riding it to hone our biking skills. I will post a video and GPS track of that 1.7 mile section in the near future for those that want to check it out.

TD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Christmas Wash Sanitation Project-Volunteers Needed-christmas-wash.jpg  

banned
    Here is the trail ride description, map, video, ride profile and GPS track of the recent ride on Everytrail.com:

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1000656

TD

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Because of the length of the ride I ponder 85 worker hours of volunteer sanitation to finish the undertaking. I will require volunteers who can move rocks weighing up to 200 lbs., so in the event that you aren't use to hard work you likely shouldn't volunteer.

do my homework writer

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by perrymoran View Post
    Because of the length of the ride I ponder 85 worker hours of volunteer sanitation to finish the undertaking. I will require volunteers who can move rocks weighing up to 200 lbs., so in the event that you aren't use to hard work you likely shouldn't volunteer.

do my homework writer
    perry I would say thatís a pretty good estimate to lower the current difficulty level so lesser skilled riders can ride the trail without walking. The rain from Rosa really helped increase the difficulty factor for the 5%íers.

IPA tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade2 View Post
    perry I would say thatís a pretty good estimate to lower the current difficulty level so lesser skilled riders can ride the trail without walking. The rain from Rosa really helped increase the difficulty factor for the 5%íers.
    Let Traildoc answer
    "We'll ride it until they pave it."

-Urban Yeti
    Dirttreaders.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    please; no sanitizing of Xmas Wash
    TS

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtrider127 View Post
    Let Traildoc answer
    TS the USFS has been on a real sanitizing mission in Sedona lately. Mother Nature came in with Hurricane Rosa and really made some major improvements to the trail system. Now the USFS has come in and has done reroutes around all the difficult sections of trail to ride.

I donít believe they will reroute Christmas Wash, so we are in good shape there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Whew; can't see how they'd get their machines in the CW anyway!
    But great that you got it as a sanctioned trail.
    TS

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Transition Senior View Post
    Whew; can't see how they'd get their machines in the CW anyway!
    But great that you got it as a sanctioned trail.
    TS
    TS no way is Christmas sanctioned. There are very few Arizona riders that are skilled enough to ride the fun technical sections. Mother Nature has a big hand in keeping that awesome trail fun to ride. We donít need a bunch of TD haters hurt themselves while attempting to ride this one of a kind trail.

Meatbomb
    What about the %ers?

You are a strange man...

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.