Thread: Cell phone///

I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle

Cell phone///

Anyone know the name of that program u can download onto any cell phone that enables u to be able to track ur rides, distance speed ect?
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash.- Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Not sure if this is the same thing you're talking about, but I came across http://www.buddyway.com this weekend.

I haven't managed to get it to work with my phone yet though.

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by Greffster
    Anyone know the name of that program u can download onto any cell phone that enables u to be able to track ur rides, distance speed ect?
    I believe there are apps for an iPhone or iPod Touch, but don't know outside of that.
    Ride more; post less...

Maui Grown

Trimble

Here ya go:

http://portal.trimbleoutdoors.com/Ma...8/Default.aspx

Talk to Superstition. He's the man at Trimble.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greffster
    I have an app for my Google phone called Bike Tracker that is suppose to do that. But that phone was so damn expensive, I'm nervous taking it out on the trail, so I have no idea if it even works.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Happy trails
    Samsung Eternity not supported.Bummer.
    Aaron

Mike-e
    Allsport GPS is a good one, its from the same company as Trimble Outdoors, but it records time, distance, speed and a map. Which are all uploaded to your web account.
    http://vdev.trimbleoutdoors.com/View...?tripId=222744
    What kind of phone do you have? this does not work on 'all' phones

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I use GPS Cycle Computer on my phone. Everything works good. I think you need to have windows mobile for this program

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I found this program a little while back and forgot to post a review here. www.gpsed.com is the best most useful program ive used on a cell phone. I have a blackberry bold. You go to the website from your phone, download the program, and its pretty intuitive. You hit start new track, and name it, it tracks your speed, elevation, average speed, compass, mileage, and it saves it to your memory in phone or memory card. Then after you are done, you can convert the gpsed file directly on the phone to .gpx, plug you phone in your computer, drag and drop the gpx file to your desktop. from there you can overlay it to google earth to see your exact route or upload to another gps device or share your route with friends. theres also live updating to the internet, but i havent used that, it also has an sos feature in case you get hurt. one recomendation is to change the option gps filter to none. it gives the most accurate route. best of all this program is free for everyone except the iphone, for iphone its 1.99 or something.

Shred...it's the new drug
    greff... you and I are screwed with our LG dare's. I'm already thinking about getting something different to do the same thing you're talking about. btw, get that hardtail and lights fixed yet. Lets get some night riding in!

I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle
    its all fixed bro...ready to shred!
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash.- Julie Furtado

banned
    Aug 2009
    It's well known now, thanks guys.

more beers, lees gears.
    i use this on my Blackberry.

http://www.instamapper.com/

pretty cool to come home and see my map / distance / speeds, etc.
    A burrito is a sleeping bag for ground beef.

Members who have read this thread: 0